Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Brady

I have lost the will to care any more. We have a complete idiot of a manager in charge backed up by a moronic board. It will be what it will be.

Very odd to basically say in the press he''s definitely going. Really disappointed with the way we treat this kind of stuff now.

We''ll have no left sided players left at this rate!

[quote user="AJ"]Very odd to basically say in the press he''s definitely going. Really disappointed with the way we treat this kind of stuff now.

We''ll have no left sided players left at this rate![/quote]And if he has a get out clause what would be your suggestion ?

With Brady linked to Burnley and Sunderland, and Olsson moving to Swansea, i am disappointed with players who have such an eagerness just to return to the Premier League that they''ll move even if they are likely to relegated again by May!!

Can''t blame them when it looks like we''re not getting anywhere near promotion. I''d rather be in a Prem relegation battle than drab, Championship mediocrity.

If we were flying we''d be in a stronger position to keep players and strengthen.

Genuinely think we''ll miss Olsson more. Brady has been off colour for a good year now, even his set pieces have generally been poor. Now is definitely the time to sell after his good first 4 months here and the Euro''s. We won''t be getting anywhere near 10 million in the summer so none of this is surprising really.

Fair play to him for not pulling a Costa/Payet at least. I wouldn''t exactly say he''s been fighting tooth and nail for the cause but he hasn''t hid either. I''ll treat this sale with the same ambivalence I had about the Grabban and Redmond sales....meh *shoulder shrug

Considering he is our most saleable asset, I barely noticed him in the game last night.I honestly don''t think we''ll miss him that much.

[quote user="Woodman"]how did he play last night?[/quote]Like I said above, he didn''t stand out in any way.

[quote user="Woodman"]would you sell him Morty?[/quote]Definitely, it will fund the surgery that our squad needs.Greater good and all that.

[quote user="Morgan"]Morty, where do you think we need most plugging? For me it has to be a Centre back and a Defensive Mid. Top of the list.[/quote]

A left back before those positions.

[quote user="Morgan"]Morty, where do you think we need most plugging? For me it has to be a Centre back and a Defensive Mid. Top of the list.[/quote]We have to shift a CB, or two, out first though. And therein lies the problem really.As above definitely a LB. A striker to replace Lafferty when we hopefully get shot of him.Ben Godfrey played at defensive mid last night, and did it very well, and I have very high hopes for Thompson. So Tettey and Mulumbu will do until these two youngsters can break into the team.

I have no problem with selling Brady, it should probably have been our strategy right from when he a great tournament in the Euro''s and in hindsight we should have done it in the summer rather than hold out for too much cash. He''s been awful for most of the season and Derby showed we didn''t miss him when wasn''t there and Olsson was.

I wouldn''t have sold Olsson and would have been trying to prioritise the Brady sale.

What I ill have an issue with is if, as Neil suggested last night, we are going to deal with all outgoing transfers first and then look to bring players in afterwards. I took this to mean we may sell Brady before we bring in another left back. That will be unacceptable in my book.

Left back first, then a left mid, and a striker on loan. If we manage to keep Klose, I do wonder if we''ll stick to the 4 CBs that we already have.

I''d hope the work is ongoing in terms of replacements for Olsson and Brady on the basis of knowing approximately how much we have to spend. That amount could of course be reduced by £2m being held back...

If our window ends with us selling Olsson and Brady and just getting in a LB replacement then we''ll leave the window weaker than we started. So hopefully that won''t happen.

We''ve played this season with either Olsson or Brady as left back, but ideally we want two left backs as I think we could cope without Brady in his natural position further forward (as we did v Derby), by playing Murphy, Pritchard, Wes or even Dorrans (*winky face*) there.

i did tell everyone that we would have to make up the short fall of income for next season

make the 8 million selling players first then we can sign people will anything left over !!

not a whinge morty just a fact of where the club is

Surely we have to cash in on Brady, he''s not delivering the sort of performances you would expect for the value of the player, we should cash in whilst the memory of the Euros is still relatively fresh.

I really don''t understand why we accepted £4mil (4.5?) for Olsson if we are now selling Brady as well. No way are we replacing Olsson with a player of the same ability for that amount, so why sell?

Whether he wanted to go or not, he was still putting a shift in each week, he never handed in a transfer, and he even recently signed a contract extension - so he can''t have been that unhappy! How many of the players in our team would be interested in a premier league move? Probably all of them. So what exactly does him making ''leaving noises'' mean?

Given that we have managed to deflect interest in him in previous transfer windows without any ramification, I don''t see why we couldn''t manage that again in this one too? Or at least hold on for a couple more million!

Brady would have been adequate cover there for me, despite performing poorly for us for the whole of 2016, his few good performances have largely come from filling in at left back rather than further forwards IMO. I wouldn''t have been at all bothered to see Brady go but I was hopeful that Olsson would still be here - this now makes our left back situation rather dire!

I understand we need to sell before we can buy but surely this could''ve been planned a bit better. It now looks like we could be doing away with our entire left side without any immediate replacement..

I talk about that point quite a lot in my post.. I''ll try again..

How many of our players would want to go to the premier league if a club were to be interested in them?

He only ever ''wanted to go'' because he''s our only player who''s had consistent prem interest in him. He remained completely professional during his time here, no toy throwing or sulking, the signing of a new contract and one of few players to put in continuous good performances and hard work.

What makes you think he wanted to leave more than any other of our players? This same things has happened with Olsson in previous windows without any issue from the player, so how badly has he wanted to go?

Even if you''re right, I''m sure we could''ve held on for a bit more money for a player who will not be truly replaced.

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]I talk about that point quite a lot in my post.. I''ll try again..

How many of our players would want to go to the premier league if a club were to be interested in them?

He only ever ''wanted to go'' because he''s our only player who''s had consistent prem interest in him. He remained completely professional during his time here, no toy throwing or sulking, the signing of a new contract and one of few players to put in continuous good performances and hard work.

What makes you think he wanted to leave more than any other of our players? This same things has happened with Olsson in previous windows without any issue from the player, so how badly has he wanted to go?

Even if you''re right, I''m sure we could''ve held on for a bit more money for a player who will not be truly replaced.[/quote]I don''t know what more to tell you.He wanted to go, he has made that plain for 3 windows now.And he went.We have offloaded a high earner, and got the best part of 4 or 5 million towards rebuilding the squad.Overall, as Alex Neil said, its good business.