Sign in to follow this  
Ren

NISA......

whatever you thought about NISA - I am not interested one bit, but boy could we do with an Independent supporters movement to put some pressure on the football club at this moment in time.

Just out of interest can someone fill me in on to why the group folded, as my memory for these things is awful?

No need to reply slagging them or individuals of please.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]The NISA just up the road from me is selling 4 pints of milk for only 50p, so that might be part of the reason? [:^)][/quote]

They''re a great chain - Often a lifeblood for isolated communities. The one in Ditchingham has saved many a life when folk aren''t able to make the journey to Bungay.

Is the takeaway coffee any good at NISA TG and does it fit in the qashqai drinks holders?

[quote user="Ren"]whatever you thought about NISA - I am not interested one bit, but boy could we do with an Independent supporters movement to put some pressure on the football club at this moment in time.

Just out of interest can someone fill me in on to why the group folded, as my memory for these things is awful?

No need to reply slagging them or individuals of please.[/quote]
As I remember it Ren we had the St Andrews Hall shindig in May 2009 which gave us fans a chance to get things off our chests and discuss ways to punish the club. There was a brief hope that something constructive could come from it but nothing did. Just an agreement to see through the punishments. Meanwhile Bryan Gunn was left in charge of the football team and the owners went about building a new board. Gunn, who was left to clear up the loan policy as well as some players who wanted to jump ship. He persuaded the likes of Wes to stay and signed players the best he could with the funds he had. Meanwhile the owners were busy appointing McNally and Bowkett while Mickey F helped some fans in making it possible to sign Grant Holt. The result of all this was that the club turned round and went on the tremendous run we saw. The punishments metered out at that St Andrews meeting had no positive impact but thanks to the owners and some generous supporters  the the negative impact was minimal. I''m not trying to take any high ground here because I claimed back my rebate and regretted it ever since. 
Anyway, the new board I believe met with the new NCISA chairman but I don''t think the meeting was very fruitful. Without the support of the club they had been punishing NCISA found it difficult to carry on and in the end folded. 
That''s how I remember it.

[quote user="Buh"]Is the takeaway coffee any good at NISA TG and does it fit in the qashqai drinks holders?[/quote]
Good Lord! If the world was suddenly cast back in time I sometimes wonder how today''s generation would take on the challenges of our ancestors.

Thanks Nutty, I remember the Saint Andrews Hall thing very well and whilst impressed at the organisation and the turnout, I never really felt that it really achieved a great deal.

The Supporters group including NICSA had a voice with the club all the time Andy Cullen and Neil Doncaster were on the scene, but as soon as DM arrived I guess this signalled the end and as you say three years under Lambert and renewed success gave those involved a reason to call time?