Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

Villa making moves

Have just seen on SkySports (be it their transfer centre) that Villa are close to announcing Lansbury and hope to get Jordan Rhodes deal done too this month.

An obvious statement but these are the kind of players we are dying for. Isn''t that meant to be our biggest advantage as one of the big clubs to be relegated - to be able to collect the better players in this league / from the prem and get back up instantly using the money we have. I cant believe this nonsense of selling to be able to spend. The board have to loosen the strings if these quality players are available.

It does seem like we are caught so much in our own nonsense and not just getting on with the market. Why is Laff still at the club for example - rate him or not, AN obviously doesnt so he should have been gone on the 1st January.

We need to wake up or we''ll get stuck in this league.

Well i can sort of agree with that - but we are still a big club.

But we are talking 3.5 million for Lansbury. Don''t tell me we cant afford that! A great player who''s played and loved his time at Norwich. Its clear we haven''t even made a move for him which I just can''t understand

The kind of money they are flinging around on salaries could cause them big problems if they don''t get promoted next season.
Talk is this deal for Lansbury is £40k a week, ridiculous money on a player with zero premiership experience.

Course Villa are making moves - throwing money around like it''s going out of fashion. Villa are embarrassing and desperate - look how flop McCormack worked out for them and they have that douche bag Dr Xia. I wouldn''t want to trade to be them for all the Super Leagues in China.

[quote user="essexcanary"]Well i can sort of agree with that - but we are still a big club.

But we are talking 3.5 million for Lansbury. Don''t tell me we cant afford that! A great player who''s played and loved his time at Norwich. Its clear we haven''t even made a move for him which I just can''t understand[/quote]
Because Villa are prepared to pay silly wages, same issues as RM in the summer.

Plus have clear ambitions to get back to PL. Our muppet board can only say "promotion" and thats as close as we''ll get with them at the helm.

they spent big in the summer too, fingers crossed this goes as well.

Both vastly over priced, of the two I would prefer lansbury but yet another no. 10 midfielder is the very last position we need more competition for - would certainly block maddisons development, not as much potential as Pritchard and simply not in wessis class even now - and (made up conjecture passed off a truth alert (it seems the en vogue thing to do)) thats why he didnt stay last time around

They are certainly showing more ambition than us but they are also throwing silly money around at times. Rhodes is decent enough I suppose but they''ve already got some good strikers and its not seen them threaten the top six so far.

personally I think Lansbury is overrated and not what we need. I think people''s view of his time with us on loan are shaped by the fact he was a bit of a character and contributed to some quality moments (pass to Holt, goal v Millwall etc) but as I recall he went missing a fair bit and was not in the team all of the time. I don''t think he''s better than Howson, Tettey, Hoolahan or Pritchard to be honest an is probably on a par with Dorrans. Not bothered about missing out on him, we have other priorities.

Once again - could you explain exactly how we are suppose to persuade Lafferty (or Turner, or Whittaker, or whoever you think is surplus to requirements) to leave without paying off their contract? And if we have to spend what it would cost to keep them to get rid of them, what is the point? But don''t let the facts (like Villa being owned by a dollar billionaire) get in the way of your tantrum.

Well Laff only has 6 months left on his contract so it cant be that expensive to ditch him!

It''s clear that Villa have the backing of the owners financially but that doesn''t necessarily equate to us being out muscled. Regardless of whether we ''need'' Lansbury, its more the issue that we''re not even in the running. It''s not like we''ve had a bid accepted but couldn''t agree personal terms, we haven''t even bid!

I know 40k a week is absurd but don''t think for one second a lot of players in the championship couldn''t command that because they already are.

Are we dying for new CM!? Or are you just wetting your pants because someone else is splashing some cash around.

Can everyone stop being so melodramatic, what club doesn''t have its issues! You''d think we were Barcelona or Real Madrid the way some of our fans feel we''re entitled to everything.

Your Mummy''s must have made you feel so special as kids, tough when you come into the real world to find out you''re a nobody.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Are we dying for new CM!? Or are you just wetting your pants because someone else is splashing some cash around.

Can everyone stop being so melodramatic, what club doesn''t have its issues! You''d think we were Barcelona or Real Madrid the way some of our fans feel we''re entitled to everything.

Your Mummy''s must have made you feel so special as kids, tough when you come into the real world to find out you''re a nobody.[/quote]^^^[Y]

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Are we dying for new CM!? Or are you just wetting your pants because someone else is splashing some cash around.

Your Mummy''s must have made you feel so special as kids, tough when you come into the real world to find out you''re a nobody.[/quote]

My mistake. Thought this was a discussion board!