Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Injuries/suspensions and team for Wolves

Wolves on some good form, four wins and a draw in their last six games. Weimann joined them today on loan, so will be a test, make no mistake. Have no idea about our team (so what''s new..), but midfield looks a real issue with midfielders thin on the ground - but best I can come up with is a 352 or more like a 3331 or a variation of....                        Ruddy     Martin     Bennett      Klose    Pinto           Tettey           Brady          Jacob     Wes   Naismith                     JeromeAny other ideas?

Howson supposedly back for sat.

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Brady

Tettey Howson

Murphy Hoolahan Naismith

Jerome

McGovern Whittaker Bennett Godfrey Maddison Murphy Lafferty

LDC that formation is almost 3-3-3-1. Has any team ever played that?

My guess would never 3-5-2 as it seems that''s all we have left (and probably suits Pinto/Brady best )

Ruddy

Bennett - Martin - Klose

Pinto - Pritchard** - Tettey - Wes - Brady

Jerome - Naismith

**wouldnt have Pritchard in a midfield 3 with Wes, but don''t see other options unless Godfrey gets the nod

I wouldn''t mind seeing a back 3 this weekend so I''ll go with:

Ruddy;

Martin, Klose, Bassong;

Pinto, Howson, Tettey, Brady;

Ja Murphy, Jerome, Hoolahan.

Subs: McGovern, Bennett, Godfrey, Pritchard, Jo Murphy, Naismith, Lafferty.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]LDC that formation is almost 3-3-3-1. Has any team ever played that?

My guess would never 3-5-2 as it seems that''s all we have left (and probably suits Pinto/Brady best )

Ruddy

Bennett - Martin - Klose

Pinto - Pritchard** - Tettey - Wes - Brady

Jerome - Naismith

**wouldnt have Pritchard in a midfield 3 with Wes, but don''t see other options unless Godfrey gets the nod[/quote]Yes, I know. 352 is the basic set up as I said, but with Jacob and Naismith playing forwards, 3331 is pretty much how it would be for large parts of the match.   Really can''t see Wes and Pritchard starting in the same team.  If Howson is fit as mentioned, that makes things a little easier.

We''ve played 5 at the back once this season against a championship side, a side who play 5 at the back.

Won''t happen vs Wolves.

[quote user="The Unsullied "]Shall we have a sweep stake to see if LDC is going to the game I am going for a no![/quote]I was thinking of running a sweepstake on whether for you it will be scampi in The Gunn Club or an all you can eat Chinese on Riverside.

Nancy that team is a work of art. It''s a crying shame that injuries and basic common sense will prevent us from ever seeing it in action.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Unsullied "]Shall we have a sweep stake to see if LDC is going to the game I am going for a no![/quote]I was thinking of running a sweepstake on whether for you it will be scampi in The Gunn Club or an all you can eat Chinese on Riverside. [/quote]

Scampi 🍤!

isnt brady on his way out the door? not likely to start if he is, hes injury prone as it is and the club wont risk the transfer if its close to happening.

so we will most likely have martin or whittaker at left back, against a returning paul lambert and a resurgent wolves

we are going to get battered