Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Euphemism

Just read Waghorn''s article which seems to me overly positive.

He states that our current form touches the magic 2 points per game mark that leads to promotion.  That is ridiculous.  You could say that we are averaging 3 points per game if you only take into account the last 2 games.  It is a superficial view of our current status.

He also proudly states that we are only 3 points from the playoffs.  Yes Rick, but we are also only 5 points from the relegation zone.

Don''t get me wrong, I am not a pessemist - I am also heartened by our recent upturn in form, but to start talking about playoffs is way too premature.  Let''s not forget that we will probably lose Lisbie and Davenport over the next couple of months.  Also, let''s not forget that dreaded series of 4 away games in a row in November/December.

It''s a little early to get carried away.

Form is often measured over the last 6 or 8 games. Of the last 6 league games we''ve got 12 points, so by my reckoning that''s 2 points per game which is (or always has been) enough for promotion, especially starting from this point in the season. Granted over the last 8 the form isn''t so good, but the point is that it''s improved, however you look at it. It''s not superficial, it''s what matters. Right now were on form....

"He also proudly states that we are only 3 points from the playoffs. Yes Rick, but we are also only 5 points from the relegation zone."

Yes. And? Our aim is to make at least the play-offs, right? So we''re 3 points from being on course to achieveing that at the moment. We''re not aiming for relegation.

"Don''t get me wrong, I am not a pessemist"

You could have fooled me with the previous statement where you seem to be looking down rather than up!