Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

if anyone had doubts about Jez and Babette...

...In terms of their morals, look no further than the following link. Founder members of youthzone, helping out kids. More evidence that we have one of the best and most caring CEO''S in the game. I can also see Babette taking a more active role within the club, which in no doubt would be a good thing.

http://www.thewayyouthzone.org/support-us/our-supporters/supporters-divisions/founder-patrons/jez-moxey/

I keep waiting for you or someone else to post something that mitigates his involvement with the managerial choices at Wolves/Stoke. Like for example, that he was part of a committee or that Coates and Morgan has a bigger say but from what I''ve seen he was always an autocratic CEO and was given the final say on everything :(

No one doubts his bloody morals or commitment to NCFC or football as a whole, I''d just like to see some evidence that he''s not a total clown when it comes to hiring/firing managers - which for a club our size and given what our budget going forwards is likely to be is going to be the most crucial part of his job and have the biggest impact on what we see on the pitch.

Far from a clown, he''s the ring master.

well he better start cracking his whip !

or or is he the ringmaster look after the clapping seals !

He''s a master debater as well I''m told from many reliable sources

Best

Buh

I asked this on another thread but got no response.

True Grit? Can you explain why you have such faith in Jez? Like most people on here, I have been completely underwhelmed by him and can see no signs that he has contributed anything of value.

I am also not convinced by some of the decisions taken at Wolves when we was there.

I''m NOT trying to pick an argument, I would just really like to understand why you think he is so great and what evidence you have to support your view.

Moxey is more like a dodgy used car salesman...underneath you know he is a sleaze ball that you can''t trust, will rip you off, and not be interested in helping when you want your money back. The kind that disappears when things need sorting. No thanks. And BTW I''m not grateful that we have him...we should be aiming higher than someone who already failed in a similar job.

Moxey is the CEO of NCFC and will be judged on the results and performances on the pitch. To date his first few months have been abject failure. His wife, to the best of my knowledge, is not employed by NCFC and therefore has no input into the club.

Moxey and Neil have made me feel that I no longer want to watch the half hearted performances put on by these players and for once will seriously consider whether to renew.

If it is morals we are considering perhaps we are in the wrong sport.

[quote user="rock bus"]I asked this on another thread but got no response.

True Grit? Can you explain why you have such faith in Jez? Like most people on here, I have been completely underwhelmed by him and can see no signs that he has contributed anything of value.

I am also not convinced by some of the decisions taken at Wolves when we was there.

I''m NOT trying to pick an argument, I would just really like to understand why you think he is so great and what evidence you have to support your view.[/quote]

Sure.

Two words (combined into one): ''Moral'' & ''Fibre''. Jez is able to treat people with dignity and respect, he can put himself on a level with the common man, such as the janitorial staff, right up to senior and high end sponsors of the club (Banham Poultry, etc). This is something McNally was unable to do.

On Jez''s first month at City he spent a day in each of the different departments. He spent those days WORKING, not just sitting about playing Angry Birds on his phone and dishing out orders. He did a day in the kitchen at Delias, peeling spuds, washing up and emptying out the walk-in freezer. He worked with the groundsmen, doing the lines and what ever else they do in their potting shed. He trained with the players at Colney and showered with them afterwards. He epitomises teamwork and isn''t afraid of getting his hands dirty.

The guy is a touch of class. Eloquent, elegant and dignified. Coupled with the fact he''s one of the most respected and revered figure-heads behind the scenes in English football. Many of you may not know how highly regarded he is, because the media haven''t latched onto it and Jez is a modest guy, not one to shout about his attributes. However ask anyone who works with the profession of football at a high level (as I do) and they will tell you that Jez Moxey is one of the classiest operators around. So just be thankful he''s here.

Just be thankful.

Best,

TG

[quote user="Number 9"]Do we know what the chicken eating Mr Moxey was talking to Banham Poultry about?[/quote]

Lucrative sponsorship and chicken, most likely.

"He trained with the players at Colney and showered with them afterwards."

Any truth that his bleep test results were better than Russell Martin''s?

"He trained with the players at Colney and showered with them afterwards."

Turns out He was quicker than whitts in sprints

& a better finisher than jerome

And made Fat Frankie looked slim !

So what was eloquent, elegant or dignified about that horrible staged interview of the other week.

Furthermore, how was doing that being in contact with the common man (ie, the fanbase)?

Ridgeman: " Moxey is the CEO of NCFC and will be judged on the results and performances on the pitch."

Isn''t that the manager''s responsibility? The CEO is responsible for the overall performance of a company, or football club in this case. Granted, results are part of that, but only long term as far as a CEO is concerned, and Moxey didn''t appoint Neil.

In the very unlikely event of Alex getting the push could Jez takes the reigns on a temporary basis ? Tough schedule doing two high profile jobs but it seems he has the attributes in abundance.

The man himself (Jez, not TG), roared past me this morning on the way in, heading towards Carrow Road. Battling to be at his desk by 9.00am no doubt.

[quote user="Woodman"]The man himself (Jez, not TG), roared past me this morning on the way in, heading towards Carrow Road. Battling to be at his desk by 9.00am no doubt.[/quote]He''d probably already done an hour at Colney laying out the training kit and preparing the tables in the canteen for the players breakfasts.