Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Lansbury

Oh yeah, terrible that we missed out on signing our 50th midfield player. The are some genuine things for you to complain about you know.

We had our chance with Lansbury a couple of years ago, i remember lots of people saying he wasnt what we needed, or even not good enough for us.

Has he got better, or have we got worse?

Bit of both.

To be fair I''m not convinced we need him but it is concerning to see teams close to us improving and moving forwards while we stand still.

we''re not chelsea or man city, can we afford players we dont need, just to stop our rivals getting them.

i personaly prefer the plan of bidding, so rivals pay more than a players worh, ie Ross McCormack. Mind you that plan didnt work so well with dwight gayle.

[quote user="king canary"]Bit of both.

To be fair I''m not convinced we need him but it is concerning to see teams close to us improving and moving forwards while we stand still.[/quote]
Hmm. It''s only an issue for us if the actually improve and move forwards though, though; isn''t it? Only results between now and the end of the season will prove whether that is the case. Having an ''improved'' team on paper doesn''t always translate into a sustained improvement in results.