Sign in to follow this  
Baywing

Is it just me ?

I have followed our football club home and away (on and off, obviously kids mortgage work has intervened at times) for 40 yrs.

I have always woke on a Saturday morning full of excitement hope and optimism....

and yet today I feel consumed with hatred and anger before I even finished my breakfast.

What has happened to me.....why has the fun from my football disappeared ?

[quote user="Baywing"]I have followed our football club home and away (on and off, obviously kids mortgage work has intervened at times) for 40 yrs.

I have always woke on a Saturday morning full of excitement hope and optimism....

and yet today I feel consumed with hatred and anger before I even finished my breakfast.

What has happened to me.....why has the fun from my football disappeared ?[/quote]Don''t go then.Do something else you enjoy.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Trepidation , that''s what I feel .

Not sure wether to obey Morty and swerve the match or LDC and give myself bronchitis and stress fractures to my hands from shouting and cheering too much 😬[/quote]Perhaps there is a middle ground.Perhaps it involves the required amount of pre match beers.

Yep feel pretty much the same so I''m happy that my two returns were ticked at the bottom of my renewal form, cancelling my tickets.

Have to say I had a fantastic walk with the dog down the beach, relaxed and looking forward to jumping in the car and heading into the city in ten minutes.

As for the football it''s not my priority anymore so as !

Morty said don''t go see if you miss it or not!

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]F*ck !!!! Agree with Morty again 😳[/quote]Today the required amount is 5+.

Anyway for all canary fans ... " all around the world " " stop crying your eyes out " AN might " be here now " but " time flies" but a we will " live forever" so " don''t look back in anger "

Ok that''s me done , have to go and find my scarf and " Rusty " gloves , see you all at the " Carra"

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Baywing"]I have followed our football club home and away (on and off, obviously kids mortgage work has intervened at times) for 40 yrs.

What has happened to me.....why has the fun from my football disappeared ?[/quote]Don''t go then.Do something else you enjoy.[/quote]

But I am addicted.....cant live with it cant live without it :(

As you''ve been going for 40+ years you''d have seen a lot worse than this, suck it up and look forward to hopefully watching some of our talented youngsters in the future.

[quote user="morty"]Ha, yep, we are all there.

Would definitely recommend the drinking more option.

😉[/quote]

Hadnt considered that option.....perhaps thats the answer. Catch the train and get lubricated in the Queen of Iceni pre match

After all beer goggles worked wonders in my youth convincing me the ugly fat bird at the bar was indeed a super model....

Perhaps they can transform AN into PL this arvo.

Thanks Morty ;) just in case things go wrong though has anybody got the Samaritans number handy ? could be a bot risky being anywhere near a traintrack post match

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]As you''ve been going for 40+ years you''d have seen a lot worse than this, suck it up and look forward to hopefully watching some of our talented youngsters in the future.[/quote]

Agree Fenway.... seen much worse but never from the starting position this episode was blessed/cursed with

Expectation this time last year was sky high !

Hence the real downer

I think a fair number of us are a similar age and have been going to carra rud for some time. We all know it''s a rollercoaster ride and we''re possibly having to go through a period of change. Accept and continue to support your team, it''s what we do along with fans of most clubs

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I think a fair number of us are a similar age and have been going to carra rud for some time. We all know it''s a rollercoaster ride and we''re possibly having to go through a period of change. Accept and continue to support your team, it''s what we do along with fans of most clubs[/quote][Y]

Turn to amateur dramatics.......there''s a lot of it on here........

"Now is the Winter of Our Discontent......alas poor Norwich I knew it well".......

[quote user="Baywing"][quote user="morty"]Ha, yep, we are all there.

Would definitely recommend the drinking more option.

😉[/quote]

Hadnt considered that option.....perhaps thats the answer. Catch the train and get lubricated in the Queen of Iceni pre match

After all beer goggles worked wonders in my youth convincing me the ugly fat bird at the bar was indeed a super model....

Perhaps they can transform AN into PL this arvo.

Thanks Morty ;) just in case things go wrong though has anybody got the Samaritans number handy ? could be a bot risky being anywhere near a traintrack post match[/quote]The great thing about my plan is that post match beers work too.[:)]

It is strange how things can change - a couple of wins on the bounce and I''m sure the excitement will be back. I think the problem lies at the moment we just don''t know what kind of performance to expect, even at home.

Console yourself with the thought that when you get 60+ years. You will have a greater perspective.

4 before, 1 at half time then 3 after works for me..........beers that is although I miss half the match as I spend too much time in the bog!