Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Funniest chants

As I feel we need more humour on this board, how about funniest chants, either by us or by opposition.

Just to start it off, my favourite from this year was to the Coventry fans, from the barclay - "you''re supposed to be at home"

Mine was 3 seasons ago at Leicester, after they''d been promoted and was supposed to have been their promotion party. It was soooooo quiet we started singing "your crisps make more noise than you"

VS Chelski @ home last season:

Chelski ''fans'' started with ''''We''ve got Abramovich, You''ve got a Crabby Bitch'''' with our reply of '' We''ve got a supercook You''ve got a Russian Crook''

Thought that was a good one.

well the obvious one i suppose from the scum proclaiming they are pride of anglia

but a few years ago we had leicester as our last away game, they had won promotion but you would never have guessed it from the silence of stadium

so we started singing (throughout the game)

"your crisps make more noise than you"

it was made funnier cos one big fat leicester fan got a bit upset with us and was making obscene gestures etc, it was a great day out and we were all pretty loud

[quote]VS Chelski @ home last season: Chelski ''fans'' started with ''''We''ve got Abramovich, You''ve got a Crabby Bitch'''' with our reply of '' We''ve got a supercook You''ve got a Russian Crook'' Thought that was ...[/quote]

My brother made that one up!

One of my other brothers came up with (for Brighton) "you only sing when your rimming"...

i think you will find the chelsea fans were actually singing we,ve got abramovich you,ve got a drunken bitch , refrence to to her lets be avin you rant when she appeared worse for wear OTBC

quite enjoyed signing "can we play you every week" against man ure last season!

theres so many! i thought the "does your boyfriend know you''re here" was quite good on saturday, and the chorus of ymca was hilarious!!! my all time faves however - were last home game of prem season against birmingham, aimed at jermaine pennant who''d just been released after his drink driving(?) escapades - "you''re supposed to be in jail" and probably my very favourite was about 4 or 5 years ago, poss playoff season i think... away at birmingham with blues winning 4-0 after a tommy mooney hat-trick and just after the tony martin case... "we shoot burgulars, said we shoot burgulars!" that was absolutely class - the blues fans didnt seem to agree though!

for me it has to be against palace this season.

with all the banter with AJ and the "lets all do the johnson" with the diving imitations

great game, and one of the best banters we have had for a long while in my opinion

Wouldn''t go so far as to say the Palace game was a great game (unless you were a neutral) - I felt sick afterwards.  If Johnson hadn''t dived, we would have taken 2 extra points and would still be in the Premiership now.  The blood runs deep.  Still, time to let these things go...

The funniest for me was away to Reading last season.  At the start of the second half, for some reason only Green and Drury ran out - they were the only Norwich players on the pitch for ages.  So we start up "Two men!  We only need two men!  We only need two men!"

I also loved "We saw you cry on the telly" at Ronaldo at Old Trafford.

Vs Liverpool @ Anfield.  To the tune of you''ll never walk alone.  "Sign on, sign oooooonnnnnnnn......................"

My favourite none City chant was from a few years back when Beckham first started going out with posh.  Spurs (I think) fans chanted to the tune of you''re not singing any more, "David Beckham, David Beckham, do you take her up the Arsenal? Do you take her up the Arsenal?  Classic

This is an away moment so perhaps doesn''t qualify but it is also my best chant so I''m doubling up on entries

Remember Keith Bertschin from the early 80''s?  He scored 38 in 133 games and was a competent striker though prone to rushes of blood to the head.

He came from Birmingham where he''d had a mixed relationship with the fans and I saw his return to St Andrews

A through ball and Bertschin is on it like a leopard.  He has only the keeper to beat.  He hoofs it wildly wide.

Instantly, spontaneously a massive chant erupts........

"Hello, hello, Bertschin is back, Bertschin is back"!!!!!!!

not ncfc related but my 2 faves are

1) a chant to Andy Goram when he was allegedly a schizo whilst at Rangers "There''s only two Andy Gorams, two Andy Gorams..."

2) A German supporter...give us a B give us an O give us an R etc. 

A couple of old ones:

You''re going home in a Norfolk Ambulance

&

You''re going in the river

Have to agree with we shoot burglars...( classic chant ).

One other that sticks in my mind, was away to swindon, can`t remember if it was sleet or hail, but it was tonking it down and we wer`nt under cover, but everyone was singing,  we`re wet but we`re 1-0 up,

i was soaked and bloody cold, but that brought a smile to my face.

But while we`re on the subject of chants, even though its not funny, its got to be the best chant ever...

Cast your minds back to the 1st year of the prem, the game was at villa park and we had just one 3-2, and EVERYBODY was singing we are top of the league, say we are top of the league, i think it had just put us about 7 points clear, i was a very proud man that day.

p.s   why don`t we sing we shoot burglars any more ?

Away at Spurs in league/littlewoods/worthington/milk cup or whatever it was at the time....

I think we''re talking late 80''s early 90''s but Eric Thorsvedt (forgive spelling!) was in goal and it was the age when inflateables were all the rage.

The big news story of the time was that Norway had just resumed seal culling / whaling and the Norwich fans barracked Thorsvedt with chants of "What''s it like to club a seal?, What''s it like ..to.. ..club.. ..a.. seal?" followed by projected seal noises "Arrgh!, Arrgh!, Arrgh!, Arrgh!" with clapping seal style above our heads.

Whilst that was funny enough, what topped it off was that someone brought an inflateable killer whale, and someone else had a giant hammer and the whale took one hell of a beating!

Not very PC but in my opinion all the better for that.

Whoa! Blast from the past.  Hello NMTD.  How are you?

Chants.  Heard a few good one''s recently (not by us unfortunately).  Man Utd fans sing (to the tune of Lord of the Dance:

Park, Park whoever you may be, you eat dogs in your home country, it could be worse, you could be scouse, eating rats in your council house!

Sang to Pompey fans when Graham Rix was in charge (to the tune by the Manics):

If you tolerate Rix, then your children will be next!

When Wolves fans sang "we are Wolves, we are Wolves", Leeds fans responded with "We are humans, we are humans" which I thought was pretty clever

Here''s my top 3 (well 5 or 6 actually):

When we played Wimbledon at Selhurst Park and their supporters had organised a boycott, the crowd of 3,000 was mainly City - and to the tune of Tiffany''s - I Think we''re alone now we sung:

"I think we''re at Selhurst, there doesn''t seem to be anyone around...

I think we''re at Selhurst, the singing of the city is the only sound...

...dobbie, dobbie, doop, doop, doop, der, der...."

At Watford away last seaon after being promoted I liked the the subtle changing of the words to "follow the boys in yellow" to:

"Follow, follow, follow......follow the boys in yellow...

We''ll be beating Man U while the Scum lose at Crewe...

and it''s off the the Premier we go..."

At the same game I also enjoyed singing "Thats why your Nationwide...that''s why your nationwide" every time Watford screwed up!

Also, about ten years previously we played Watford when they had Ronnie Rosenthal (sp?), and they use to sing to the Jewish/Cosak tune "Ronnie-a-ronnie-ronnie-a-ronnie-ronnie-a-ronnie-rosenthal-HEY!"

Best player chants have to be "Malky/McKenzie-oh-a-oh.....he scored against the Scum, he scored another one..." just because there true!  Also "Yousef''s better than Juniniho" is one of the best rhymes in footy!

Other than Norwich players, I used to think the song Manure sung about the Nevilles to the tune of Rebel Rebel was pretty good, especially the last line "....and Neville Neville is the name of your dad".

I''m fine thank''s DD, It''s nice to be remembered. It must have been due to my intellegent comments and acerbic wit!

Yes its true i''ve been "away" for a long time, as I just haven''t had the time to post but I am still a regular reader.

I''m now working at a internet company down in London which gives me a little time to get on here so I hope to make more posts again now, but I might not get upto the volume of the early days when I was working from home.

Despite having two 5 year season tickets for me and mini-NMTD we''ve only managed 1 home game so far this season (Coventry) due to holiday and the fact I''ve been doing my FA Level 1 Coaching Certificate on Saturdays (Sven watch out!) but hopefully normal service will be resumed from next Saturday v Millwall. And before anyone goes on about not using my tickets, they did go a good cause - ie. other City fans!

It''s not an NCFC related chant, but my all time favourite was when ex Rangers keeper Andy Goram was diagnosed with mild Schizophrenia and the Hibs fans were singing ''Two Andy Gorams, there''s only two Andy Gorams''

probably getting a bit off the thread here but from World Cup ''98 in France

you''re French and you know you are -

If it wasnt for the English you''d be Crauts..

Xenophobic me?

Like them or loathe them, Man Utd fans are superb when it comes to making up chants about their players, one of the best fans in the country for this.

Personally, I like the Liverpool chant for Peter Crouch

"He''s Big

He''s Red

His feet stick out the bed

Peter Crouch, Peter Crouch "

Excellent.