Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Norwich City vs Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Thread

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]Amother good home result, how good is it when we likely put in another gutless away performance next week though?

At the moment we''re just muddling into a midtable finish..[/quote]

I bet we don''t even turn up to next weeks away game...

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]The happy clappers will be beside themselves tonight. Alex Neil successfully papers over the cracks and saves his job for another week.[/quote]

I''m happy because the team I support won a game.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]The happy clappers will be beside themselves tonight. Alex Neil successfully papers over the cracks and saves his job for another week.[/quote]On the contrary, it''s the nappy crappers hoping to witness AN''s demise at the hands of "the Messiah" who are beside themselves. The rest of us are just enjoying the win and good performances from Howson and Naismith among others. And by the way, us happy clappers are the backbone of the club''s support. 

I was just being mischievous. I very much enjoyed the win, and the whole Wolves goalkeeper situation after the red was funny to see. My point is that we are on a horrid run and frustratingly inconsistent, and it''s my opinion that our manager isn''t good enough. Will always savour a win at the Carra though.

Is it possible to celebrate a win without all this happy clapper nonsense for an evening?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Man who says he is a long distance plastic says he is the backbone of the clubs support. Right...[/quote]In case you really didn''t notice, I said "we happy clappers". Having been one since the early sixties, and as a season ticket holder for over twenty years, before moving abroad, I think I''m entitled to claim I still belong. And I''m not just talking about support here and now; I mean support throughout the history of our club. Please try thinking more deeply about things before pressing the snide comment button.

It was a good win, but very subdued atmosphere, Wolves were awful but we did the job needed.

Can say Pinto had his hands all over the back of their player, was right to be given as a penalty, haven''t seen Wes''s yet but someone said it was very soft. Who cares three points and a win, happy bunny tonight.

Does anyone know why the snake pit chose to vent their anger towards Moxey? I don''t like the bloke but has he said something today?

No, I don''t - as there were around 24/25 thousand "happy clappers" at the end of the match. What sort of bitter person can''t even enjoy a good performance and win?

Of course, it was a pleasure to see tactical genius Lambert, (well done to those who started chanting his name after about 5 minutes) get so much out of his limited players. Although, I think he *might* have made a slight error by using all his subs early in the second half, basically handing the game to Norwich after the red card. Still, a lucky win for Neil, purely on the basis of the 10 men/penalty scenario. Am I right?

Indy, I would say theirs was very soft and ours was clearly won by Hoolahan, but both were pens.

As for the Moxey stuff, well the Wolves fans - never one to disappoint with pre-meditated negative banners, unveiled what can only be described as a Moxey Out throw, to which their intellectual equals in the Snakepit and Barclay started chanting Moxey Out.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Man who says he is a long distance plastic says he is the backbone of the clubs support. Right...[/quote]In case you really didn''t notice, I said "we happy clappers". Having been one since the early sixties, and as a season ticket holder for over twenty years, before moving abroad, I think I''m entitled to claim I still belong. And I''m not just talking about support here and now; I mean support throughout the history of our club. Please try thinking more deeply about things before pressing the snide comment button.[/quote]

Ok. Because I''m only 27 and have had my season ticket for 17 years my support is worth less than yours. Really?

I would suggest all fans are the backbone of the club, not just ones that have the same opinion as me at any given time...

Cheers Ian, I saw the banner at the front of the wolves fans but didn''t really get why they reacted.....not that I''m keen on Moxey but bit harsh the first chant!

Great to come home after a very good day all round.

Totally agree Indy, guy has only been in the job 5 minutes. Two knobheads behind me bestowing the virtues of McNally. Talking about how ridiculous "Promotion, promotion, promotion" was from Moxey, whilst conveniently forgetting "Relegation worse than Death" from Mr M.

Another guy (with a pretty high pitched voice) taking the piss out of Neil''s lack of substitutions when they made their third - funnily enough I didn''t hear him again after Wolves'' keeper got sent off.

Seriously, I think a lot of people were genuinely disappointed when we took the lead early - I dread to think what negativity would have been heard from the crowd if we had gone to half time drawing/behind. Total lack of guys/fight/balls from a lot of the crowd near me - which funnily enough is exactly the criticism (rightly IMO) levelled at the squad this season.

So you didn''t suggest you were superior to others by being the backbone of the club'' support? No?

''And by the way, us happy clappers are the backbone of the club''s support. ''

Now read it again. I would suggest divisive supporters are far from the backbone of the club''s support- in fact, the exact opposite...

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]So you didn''t suggest you were superior to others by being the backbone of the club'' support? No?

''And by the way, us happy clappers are the backbone of the club''s support. ''

Now read it again. I would suggest divisive supporters are far from the backbone of the club''s support- in fact, the exact opposite...[/quote]Do I need to spell out in detail the metaphorical use of "backbone"? If I say e.g. that the Lloris, Alderweireld, Wanyama and Kane are the backbone of the current Spurs team, does that mean they are "superior" to anyone else in the Spurs side? No, it doesn''t. 

Hank shoots Skyler wrote the following post at 2017-01-21 9:32 PM:

Amother good home result, how good is it when we likely put in another gutless away performance next week though?

Well it will be gutless........we are at home v Birmingham!!

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]The happy clappers will be beside themselves tonight. Alex Neil successfully papers over the cracks and saves his job for another week.[/quote]
Indeed. Drop points next week however and I will be back on his tail. MUST win.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]The happy clappers will be beside themselves tonight. Alex Neil successfully papers over the cracks and saves his job for another week.[/quote]
Indeed. Drop points next week however and I will be back on his tail. MUST win.
[/quote]I''m sure you are what drives him on[Y]