Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Alex Neil Forever!

Well, for a long time to come anyway because we not only won today but we beat a team managed by Paul Lambert and that in itself is succour for the Board.

So, whatever kind of supporter you are you might as well just ''suck it up'' and go along with it because Alex Neil has just bought himself a ticket to next season.

I have already come to terms with the likelihood that AN will be the manager until his contract expires regardless of results on the pitch. If that makes you happy then good for you.

Herman wrote the following post at 21/01/2017 5:10 PM:

I feel a few have been doing just that for a few months now.

You should get to a game Herman, you might get more of a feel for things.

Thought Howson was the difference between the two sides, both pretty poor, at 1-1 it needed something to go our way and it did.

Can''t say he got it right, but Howson & Wes pulled him out of the firing line today.

Still just 5 points off the play offs with another home game next week, so might pull that gap back a tad more.

[quote user="Indy"]Thought Howson was the difference between the two sides, both pretty poor, at 1-1 it needed something to go our way and it did.

Can''t say he got it right, but Howson & Wes pulled him out of the firing line today.

Still just 5 points off the play offs with another home game next week, so might pull that gap back a tad more.[/quote][Y]

Completely understand where the OP is coming from. Another lucky win against ten men and it looks like we''re stuck with Teflon for the rest of the season.

He gets no plaudits from me. Until he amply demonstrates that he can beat ANYONE that has 11 players he''s basically dead to me.

Wins against a depleted Derby and Wolves have kept him in a job he doesn''t deserve whereas anyone that knows anything about football realises that the defeat against Rotherham - a League One team in all but name - is a far more realistic barometer of his ability.

Of course, the clappers will now be revelling in the fact that he''s managed to spawn a win against a top class manager. Truth is that Lambert had thoroughly buried him tactically and only some rank cheating by our players turned the game. Lambert went early and attacking in his changes whereas we went for stale like for likes and there can be little doubt that but for a dive and some terribly weak refereeing we''d have, deservedly, lost that game.

How long do we have to suffer before we see a change?

Starting to feel like Sansa Stark when she''s stuck against her will in King''s Landing and about to marry Joffrey.

''''I have complete and utter faith in Alex Neil as the manager to take us forwards and into the play offs''''

Was thinking about this for a fair while earlier.

If we are looking at building a ten year "dynasty" then which division are we planning for?

We can still make the playoffs, this division always has a side that sneaks into the top six after a good run and no reason it cant be us.

However, we know that AN will not keep us in the Prem as he ably demonstrated last season. Therefore, if we go up, what next? Replace him? Or take the money and go back down?

It''s a strange situation and perhaps the lack of credible alternatives means we are sticking with the guy but if there were an experienced option out there then surely that would fit the ten year plan far better?

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]Starting to feel like Sansa Stark when she''s stuck against her will in King''s Landing and about to marry Joffrey.

''''I have complete and utter faith in Alex Neil as the manager to take us forwards and into the play offs''''[/quote]Bizarre thing is, while City continue to play like a bog standard average mid table Champs side, a position ive felt they would finish up at, they are still doing enough to keep the play offs in sight. Historically, 70-75 points will get you into the top 6. With 19 to play..Win 10 Draw 5 Lose 4..which should not be beyond a squad City have..would give City 75 points and enough for a shot at Wembley again.In all honesty, results and performances this season do not merit us being anywhere near top 6, but its not just our club thats contrary, apart from the top two this whole division has the same symptoms as City.

I want Neil to go however I have to disagree witb the opinion that we were lucky. We deserved to win and should''ve been 2 or 3 up at least by the time they scored. We need to be more clinical but the idea that Lambert got it tactically spot on is nonsense. Other than the pen they didn''t look like scoring.

Credit where it''s due, we played well and thoroughly deserved to beat a very average wolves side.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]I want Neil to go however I have to disagree witb the opinion that we were lucky. We deserved to win and should''ve been 2 or 3 up at least by the time they scored. We need to be more clinical but the idea that Lambert got it tactically spot on is nonsense. Other than the pen they didn''t look like scoring.

Credit where it''s due, we played well and thoroughly deserved to beat a very average wolves side.[/quote]I must agree with you. Had AN used all his subs by the 75th min. ti be left without a sub for a keeper the most of this forum would be on about his tactical incompetence.

Exactly. I also loved the moment their left back had to go in goal as it shut those up around me who been falling over themselves loving Lamberts ''fantastic'' substitutions.

AN quite often gets things wrong (Huddersfield!) but again credit where it''s due, we were by far the better team and the subs were correct and at the right time... which also reminds me, the negativity around Murphy from those around me was disgraceful. Several fans shouting ''get him off'' after 10mins. I enjoyed reminding them he won the free kick that ultimately led to our pen.