Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Fan of the match experience

Anyone here done one of the ''fan of the match'' experiences the club are selling?
My Dad got me one as a Christmas present (in his defence, he booked it ages ago - he does like me, honest!) so I will be ''fan of the match'' for Wolves at home in a few weeks.
Looks like a pretty good package, and should be a good day. 
- Two match tickets 
- A ground tour of Carrow Road 
- A signed home shirt, printed with your name and chosen squad number 
- Name and chosen squad number printed on the back page of the Official Matchday Programme 
- Two-course pre-match meal in the Gunn Club 
- Post-match access to the Gunn Club for the official Man of the Match interviews 
- Photograph with the official Man of the Match 
- A matchday programme 
I was mascot as a kid (Birmingham Away 1996) so I''ve had a similar experience (albeit 20 years ago), but I''ve not been into the inner sanctum of Carrow Road (Been on the pitch at an open day 10 years or so ago, but not actually into the dressing rooms etc) so really looking forward to that. Got to be at the ground for 12, so even allowing for pre-match meal, seems like the tour etc should go on for a decent amount of time, and being an exile, I don''t get up to Carra very often (I tend to go to a fair few away games, but Norwich is 3+ hours each way) and we''re going to make a weekend of it so it''ll be a good craic whatever.
Just praying we get a decent performance/result though!
Anyone else done this experience?

Not done that one, but did get my daughter a mascot package, and as you would expect the club did it brilliantly, whatever the result, you will have a great day, that you will remember for a long time.

Did it for both my sons December against Man utd a few seasons back, they had a great day, brilliant pics with the players in the dressing room, rounded off with a pic with Wes MOM that day in the Gunn club at the end, was value for money and am sure you will never forget it :)

Yes, I did this for my dad''s birthday a few years back (included the now-defunct starting the OTBC chant before the match). Had a very insightful stadium tour by Mark Barham, dinner on the next table to Delia, and Holty was MotM in a 3-1 win. It was an incredible experience, which my dad and I will never forget.I know that the ''starting the OTBC chant'' has received a fair bit of stick on here, but the adrenaline of doing it in front of 26,000 people was electrifying!

[quote user="VanWink"]Don''t remember it FTW 😀[/quote]Was that sarcastic? It happened before I signed up here... pray tell?Although that said, I did actually do the experience again with my wife a couple of years ago, after I won it in a Children in Need raffle... maybe I posted about it on here at the time? [:)]

Cheers guys, sounds like this will be one to remember then. Doubt I''ll get as lucky as having Holty or Wes for the MOTM photo though - knowing my luck it will be $hittaker or someone [:D]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="VanWink"]Don''t remember it FTW 😀[/quote]Was that sarcastic? It happened before I signed up here... pray tell?Although that said, I did actually do the experience again with my wife a couple of years ago, after I won it in a Children in Need raffle... maybe I posted about it on here at the time? [:)][/quote]

Reading your posts I don''t believe for a second you ever go near Carra rud

[quote user="kick it off"]Sooooo..... Anyone want any messages passed on to the team next Saturday?[/quote]Tell Russell Martin to lock Lambert in his changing room after the match and don''t let him leave the building! [;)]

I did the match day experience ,good day out met Peter Silvester who was our host ,tour of ground dressing rooms tv interview area pitch dug outs,three course meal in the Gunn club seats in the glass area at the Barclay ,photo with players after the match ,cake and champagne to take home .mention on the light up board during the game and in the next weeks program ,enjoyed talking to Peter about the 70,s yep expensive but great day out .

Yellowhammer - By seats in the glass area, you don''t mean in one of the boxes, behind the glass do you? We''ve done that before and it''s rubbish! If so, I''m going to have to ask to move into a proper section of the stadium, I have no interest in sitting in one of those sterile cages again!

So yesterday was the day, got taken round by Richard Francis, who is one of the marketing guys in the club who was an absolutely top man, excellent food in the Gunn Club, great result and game, and the stars aligned and gave me Jonny Howson as MOTM for the photo which I was chuffed with, as he''s one of my fave players.
Decent and enjoyable day out.
Couple of very minor notes that I thought were particularly cool, and probably not common knowledge from our trophy cabinet:
Bayern gave us a ceramic lion with their badge on to commemorate us being the first English team to beat them in Munich which I thought was a nice touch by them.
A few weeks ago, Grant Holt donated a match ball signed by all the squad, from the day he scored a hat-trick against the scum. 
Our trophy cabinet, is a little bit embarrassing in all honesty with only a few "real" trophies in there amongst the Hospital cups etc but I thought it was interesting to see a couple of the more memorable games in my life time were commemorated in there.