Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Alex Neil vs Paul Lambert score predictions for match ?

So we back in the territory of hoping the team we support gets beaten today.For some oddly perceived, greater good?

[quote user="morty"]So we back in the territory of hoping the team we support gets beaten today.For some oddly perceived, greater good?[/quote]

Has that been said? I certainly am not hoping for a loss and will never want us to lose, am merely predicting the shoreline based on what I''ve seen lately.

I also don''t know what it''ll take for AN to get fired as he should''ve gone weeks ago.

Personally I think it will all hinge on who scores first, I am hoping that it is us, 0ur record at home against Wolves is good, they are not on a particularly good run themselves (posters that say they are on a good run should look at their stats), but factor in Paul Lambert and and our poor run and I have gone for a high scoring draw......but of course I will be there today and I want us to win.......

[quote user="Fiery Zac"][quote user="morty"]So we back in the territory of hoping the team we support gets beaten today.For some oddly perceived, greater good?[/quote]

Has that been said? I certainly am not hoping for a loss and will never want us to lose, am merely predicting the shoreline based on what I''ve seen lately.

I also don''t know what it''ll take for AN to get fired as he should''ve gone weeks ago.[/quote]It has been implied by plenty that this could be a "straw that breaks the camel''s back" kinda match. People thinking chanting Paul Lambert''s name will somehow send a message to the board, a message I''m sure they are very aware of already.

As a fan do you think Delia might join in any chant of Paul Lambert''s name? I bet under her breath she would!

[quote user="Indy"]As a fan do you think Delia might join in any chant of Paul Lambert''s name? I bet under her breath she would![/quote]This is the 4th time he has been back to Carrow road.The 4th time.Its starting to look a bit tinpot now.

Exactly. I''m sure the board are aware of fans feeling (well I should bloomin hope so) so I''m not sure what difference any chanting, protesting or even the result will make.

As in the Huddersfield and Derby games, I will base my reaction on what I see in front of me.

It''s a difficult one as I want us to win, go on a run and get back in the play off hunt. I also don''t want AN as manager as he has proven consistently this season he is not a good manager - this squad should be top 6 minimum. As well as the football side which has more than enough negatives for most managers to have been let go, I''m too often angered by his stubborn, arrogant and ludicrous comments and decisions.

If we''re building for next season, it should be with a new manager and approach as this one isn''t working and if we''re still aiming for promotion (promotion, promotion) we need a new manager and approach as this one isn''t working.

I still want us to win today.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]Exactly. I''m sure the board are aware of fans feeling (well I should bloomin hope so) so I''m not sure what difference any chanting, protesting or even the result will make.

As in the Huddersfield and Derby games, I will base my reaction on what I see in front of me.

It''s a difficult one as I want us to win, go on a run and get back in the play off hunt. I also don''t want AN as manager as he has proven consistently this season he is not a good manager - this squad should be top 6 minimum. As well as the football side which has more than enough negatives for most managers to have been let go, I''m too often angered by his stubborn, arrogant and ludicrous comments and decisions.

If we''re building for next season, it should be with a new manager and approach as this one isn''t working and if we''re still aiming for promotion (promotion, promotion) we need a new manager and approach as this one isn''t working.

I still want us to win today.
[/quote][Y]

Given up on predictions, depends what team turns up, the sh*t one or the good one. Although for the past 14 games it has been the former rather than the latter.

I think that Lamberts departure was tainted which left a bad taste with most fans, but his ambition was always to try to manage a bigger club, Villa were and are that.

I can appreciate what he did for us and I will always respect him when he returns with a round of applause, as for chanting his name, no not for me, not unless he''s back in charge here, (not that I''m wanting that).

My question about Delia was just being a tad naughty, but I do wonder if she does under her breath!

I''ll be more interested in what Norwich City are doing today, than Paul Lambert.Despite his gushing interview (bit of mind games?) I can assure you he cares more about Wolves now.Who we hate, remember?

I hate Villa too, but doesn''t mean I can''t respect Bruce or Lambert, I''ve already said I want a win, but in my mind I just can''t see it, it''ll be a nervous affair and as said portion of the crowd are waiting for us to go behind today! I think AN has lost at least 40% of the crowd who can''t wait for an excuse to vent their anger.

We need to start quick and keep a high tempo, try to kill the game and get the crowd onside from the first minute, IMO, ortoday could as others said be ugly!

[quote user="Indy"]I hate Villa too, but doesn''t mean I can''t respect Bruce or Lambert, I''ve already said I want a win, but in my mind I just can''t see it, it''ll be a nervous affair and as said portion of the crowd are waiting for us to go behind today! I think AN has lost at least 40% of the crowd who can''t wait for an excuse to vent their anger.

We need to start quick and keep a high tempo, try to kill the game and get the crowd onside from the first minute, IMO, ortoday could as others said be ugly![/quote]Can you quantify that figure?

Hard to see us winning this but a performance anywhere near the Derby one would get the 3 points.

I''m going for a hard fought 2-2 with us coming from behind twice

40%? What on earth is that random figure based on?

From my own opinion, it''s a lot higher based on people around me in the ground, social media, other fans I know - in fact any way of seeing fans views points to a pretty high percentage wanting change

Neil words today about Lambert don''t sit too well with me either, sort of needs to know what not to say...

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]40%? What on earth is that random figure based on?

From my own opinion, it''s a lot higher based on people around me in the ground, social media, other fans I know - in fact any way of seeing fans views points to a pretty high percentage wanting change

Neil words today about Lambert don''t sit too well with me either, sort of needs to know what not to say...[/quote]What did he say that annoyed you so?

That''s my estimation of die hard AN outer, there''s a larger portion who want him out but would not voice that at the ground. It''s based on the recent opinions on here and the booing at the ground from portions of the ground.

Nothing more than my estimation and that''s all.

Anybody who puts much store in what Paul lambert had to say about us in his interview is naive in my view, he was hardly going to say Norwich is a shit club with shit fans etc, mind games at play here, trying to get the home crowd on side, could work in his favour if Wolves score first......

@Morty

''Paul did well, brought the club up in the past, but, equally, I got the club promoted. It is like anything else, players, coaches, managers, sometimes when they go the history gets better the longer they have gone. I know it didn’t end particularly well for both parties but that has nothing to do with me.''

There is no comparison between what Lambert did and what Neil did. Lambert picked us up at our lowest ever ebb, having just seen been thumped 7-1 at home in League One. Neil picked up a team that was under performing and should have been challenging for promotion. Yes factually he is correct, but in my mind there is no comparison between the 2 situations.

He then suggests that''s because Paul Lambert is left, the history gets better? Is he trying to say what Lambert achieved wasn''t all that and we are making it more than it actually was?

It just seems that when you are under pressure, trying to discredit the man who was a big part of Completely turning around the clubs fortunes isn''t the best idea

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]@Morty

''Paul did well, brought the club up in the past, but, equally, I got the club promoted. It is like anything else, players, coaches, managers, sometimes when they go the history gets better the longer they have gone. I know it didn’t end particularly well for both parties but that has nothing to do with me.''

There is no comparison between what Lambert did and what Neil did. Lambert picked us up at our lowest ever ebb, having just seen been thumped 7-1 at home in League One. Neil picked up a team that was under performing and should have been challenging for promotion. Yes factually he is correct, but in my mind there is no comparison between the 2 situations.

He then suggests that''s because Paul Lambert is left, the history gets better? Is he trying to say what Lambert achieved wasn''t all that and we are making it more than it actually was?

It just seems that when you are under pressure, trying to discredit the man who was a big part of Completely turning around the clubs fortunes isn''t the best idea[/quote]Doesn''t sound to me like he is trying to discredit anything.I guess it just depends on seeing what you want to see.Today isn''t about history, or who talks the best game, its hopefully about us getting three points.As said above, Lambert is playing mind games with his gushing praise of Norwich City and its fans. He is doing this with one eye on creating a difficult atmosphere. Hopefully people won''t be stupid enough to get taken in by it.....

Given our defensive frailty, I can''t see us conceding fewer than two goals, and I can''t see us scoring more than one.

I hope that we can keep it down to 1-2 defeat, but....

Given how shit we are, that it''s Lambert returning to an old club and a rival fixture as well - I can see a 1-3/1-4 defeat..

If it''s the final nail in AN''s coffin then so be it..