Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Another transfer window following it's usual pattern!

Transfer windows under this management/board nothing ever happens!

Rumours abound, our players are priced out of the market, and we whinge about asking prices.

Why? Because the people that control run our Club simply have not got a clue! If they had a clue Sat''s visiting boss would still be running our Club and he would have continued to build a Club that we all could be proud of instead of the laughing stock it is now!

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Transfer windows under this management/board nothing ever happens!

Rumours abound, our players are priced out of the market, and we whinge about asking prices.

Why? Because the people that control run our Club simply have not got a clue! If they had a clue Sat''s visiting boss would still be running our Club and he would have continued to build a Club that we all could be proud of instead of the laughing stock it is now![/quote]Good grief, have I missed something. Are Bowkett and McNally back?

And I may be wrong, but last season in this window we got Klose and Naismith for a total of upwards of £15m.

And then spent £8m in the summer window on Pritchard, plus Maddison, etc.

So really you are talking shart.

I will be happy if we seal a deal for this left back from Sporting, acquire young McDonald (and may be even Meredith from the lower leagues) and cash in on Brady to the tune of £13m+ and dispose of Laffs,

If we are able to use the Brady money for another defensive player (defence or midfield) then that would be the icing on the cake and even more so if we were to get another striker, who could be a promising youngster again from the lower leagues as that''s a route we will have to take more nowadays.

I''m fed up as much as the next person about where we are heading as a club etc.

But at the end of the day I think it''s quite clear we are trying to get a left back in. It''s obvious we are trying to ship some of the high earners out and that''s proving difficult. Once we do that or we get what we want for Brady then the ball will start rolling.

Personally don''t expect much to really happen this window. 2 left backs, a striker and that''s about it.

[quote user="Plastic Nancy"]And I may be wrong, but last season in this window we got Klose and Naismith for a total of upwards of £15m.

And then spent £8m in the summer window on Pritchard, plus Maddison, etc.

So really you are talking shart.[/quote]

Problem was we needed another defender and a forward!

WE need more defenders.

Martin and Whittaker need to be put into a position where they are utility back-up defenders in the squad. I think Bassong would do well in L1, whilst Bennett, although not old has never, ever established himself either under a few managers or in the fan''s eyes.

Frankly, he''s decent but limited.

It seems that AN is POSSIBLY aiming to change the personnel in the defence above all .......... at last.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Transfer windows under this management/board nothing ever happens!

Why? Because the people that control run our Club simply have not got a clue! If they had a clue Sat''s visiting boss would still be running our Club and he would have continued to build a Club that we all could be proud of instead of the laughing stock it is now![/quote]I should look a bit closer to home if I were you bin boy

It''s funny - living and working where I do, I mix with supporters of a huge number of clubs, from Chelsea to Bristol City, from Brighton to Oldham. None of them consider us a ''laughing stock'' - this moniker seems to be wholly limited to some of our supposed "supporters". It does make you wonder...

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It''s funny - living and working where I do, I mix with supporters of a huge number of clubs, from Chelsea to Bristol City, from Brighton to Oldham. None of them consider us a ''laughing stock'' - this moniker seems to be wholly limited to some of our supposed "supporters". It does make you wonder...[/quote]

To be honest i doubt they even think about us at all in any sense.

With a significant cash flow deficit as set out at the AGM, and no likelihood of PL football to come, the club need to complete an at least seven figure fire sale, if they wish to retain the debt free club narrative. The reality of course is that with the overdraft iat the balance sheet date Implies that ship has already sailed.

The transfer window is an abomination to the football world but unfortunately we have to live with it.

I take for granted that we have been looking at players way before the window opened. I also take for granted that clubs with players from lower divisions on long contracts will be looking to cash in,

And clubs in the Prem will be leaving it to the player to tout his wares around.

But I do despair when our club, and they are in the same boat as most others, bring a player in at the end of January and then two more weeks to bring him to "match fitness".

In the meantime 6-8 fixtures have gone by with the same failing squad or tactics.

And our January fixtures appear quite winnable (well, on paper) and we won''t have any new players in to influence that.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]The transfer window is an abomination to the football world but unfortunately we have to live with it.

I take for granted that we have been looking at players way before the window opened. I also take for granted that clubs with players from lower divisions on long contracts will be looking to cash in,

And clubs in the Prem will be leaving it to the player to tout his wares around.

But I do despair when our club, and they are in the same boat as most others, bring a player in at the end of January and then two more weeks to bring him to "match fitness".

In the meantime 6-8 fixtures have gone by with the same failing squad or tactics.

And our January fixtures appear quite winnable (well, on paper) and we won''t have any new players in to influence that.[/quote]Could it be, that more often than not, we are buying players that haven''t been getting regular games for their teams, players that they don''t really want anyway?

Probably, and it isn''t our fault in reality.

I don''t think AN has proven himself in the transfer market yet, and to be fair to him, coming from Hamilton and being given all that money to spend must have been like a chocaholic spending the night in Caley Mackintosh.

Clubs with players who aren''t getting games, and the agents of those players, know that at the moment, we need help and this stupid system allows them to intimidate us into spending too much or agreeing to terms that aren''t what we set out to do.

For instance, I have no idea who we really wanted in the summer window but I''m not convinced that, despite his good form, Oliveira was our first choice.

Fed up with the rumours and then seeing them sign for our opponents .what happened to all the money we got on promotion to the premier and the parachute payment we got coming down .we also get a full house at most matches ,where does all this money go ! .

[quote user="Yellowhammer"]Fed up with the rumours and then seeing them sign for our opponents .what happened to all the money we got on promotion to the premier and the parachute payment we got coming down .we also get a full house at most matches ,where does all this money go ! .[/quote]Have you noticed that Delia carries a surprisingly large handbag around with her nowadays. Not wishing to spread rumours but somethings a bit suspicious.

She carries NepoTominisms pocket money around in her handbag......and also his Panda pops, haribo and dinky toys......and his favourite my little pony.......and some hand cream - because all his excessive clapping makes his palms, extremely sore......

Yeah, I would be much happier if our future owner sat there stoney faced and never moved during games.