Sign in to follow this  
nottingham nick

Millenium Stadium

Now that FA Cup etc is going to new Wembley.

Did anyone see on SkySports News that we were one of the best set of fans to visit Cardiff.

First were Newcastle, then Millwall and then us.

Least popular with the City were Man Utd.

We should be proud of our reputation as a friendly set of supporters.

Nick

On the Ball City

Millwall?
Things must have changed a bit since I last saw their fans in action...

I guess it might have just been the circumstances... FA Cup final was just a grand day out for the Millwall fans, I somehow doubt that any of them expected to see a competitive match!

From what I remember, Millwall could have been the team we faced in the playoff final. I''ve got a feeling we wouldn''t have seen quite such a pleasant side of them that day. Call me cynical, but I was more than a little relieved that Birmingham knocked them out!

Birmingham fans are no angels themselves and I suspect if we had won that penalty shoot out they would not have been as fair minded as us Norwich fans.

I remembing them coming to Carrow Road in fancy dress on the last game of the season in the mid 80''s and being chased by various assortments of Brummies down Riverside road. A lovley bunch of people!

Also remember being chased by Millwall fans before the six-nil win as well in the 80''s and I started to get a complex at one stage!

However it kept you fit going to football in those days...

You did well to get chased after that game, GJD since there were only about 100 of them in the ground!

What a game that was - I remember that game very well - we could and should have won by 10-12. We must''ve hit the post and bar 10 times

I had a knack of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Old Ford transit van went passed me and couple of mates before the game and back doors flew open like the Sweeny!

Cor blimey Guv I was on my toes quicker than Linford Christie that day and never made it to the match! Was clocked speeding down the Acle straight..