Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

The Messiah is no longer the Messiah.....

I was working in the West Mids when he jumped ship from Norwich to Villa and it was covered a lot on BBC West Mids.

They got excited at first but it wasn''t long before the Villa fans were phoning in criticising Lambert for his tactics, or lack of.

What happened at Norwich when he was there was remarkable and, seemingly for now, unrepeatable.

Agreed we can put that one to bed now. Tbh I thought they would have given us much more of a test. Ruddy and Martin had little or nothing to do. Their tactics, first half especially, seemed to be just to lump the ball forward. Surprised and relieved they gave Wes so much time on the ball. An easy win.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]He is lost without Culverhouse at his side...Messiah my arse!!.....[/quote]

I tend to agree, Culverhouse ''motivated'' the players to perform. Lambert''s bravery in terms of going for it with substitutions bit him on the bum today, thanks to a stupid goalkeeper.

Without knowing why and how Lambert left I have nothing but respect for what he did with us.

Wouldn''t want him back by choice as Walker showed returning to a former club doesn''t tend to work out (Bournemouth an exception).

But he''ll always deserve my thanks for some good years. Let''s move on, look forward instead of back.

Unless we go up again in the next couple of seasons and the going gets really tough I can still see him managing us again somewhere down the line. Maybe 5-10 years down the line but I can see it happening if god forbid things go t1ts up

He really needs to patch things up with Culverhouse though. I don''t know the ins and outs of that fall out but his record hasn''t been great since they parted ways. Lambert did the tactics and Culverhouse most of the coaching allegedly right? the double promotion team was the fittest Norwich team I''ve watched.

If we do hire him back one day I hope it''s with Culverhouse alongside him!

Oh and Neil totally bested him today. Has to be said. Got the balance between attack and defence perfect and we scrapped first and foremost before worrying about playing nice football. The subs were better timed as well obviously.

Credit due today that looked to me more like a performance from 2015

I have to disagree with the sub remark, Lambert made two early second half changes and got back to 1-1 with a more evengame, which changed on that sending off, till then we were edging it but never in control, Howson last ditch defending saved a potential goal earlier.

But we did deserve the win today, no doubt.

[quote user="Cosmic Twin"]He''s a very naughty boy?[/quote]I believe you should know all about naughty boys Miss and how to deal with them ? [;)]

His substitution did not get the equaliser, a dodgy penalty award did (thank goodness the ref evened things up), whilst on the subject of substitutions, you always run the risk of an injury if you make all your substitutions early, in this case it led to Wolves having to play a defender as a GK......

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]His substitution did not get the equaliser, a dodgy penalty award did (thank goodness the ref evened things up), whilst on the subject of substitutions, you always run the risk of an injury if you make all your substitutions early, in this case it led to Wolves having to play a defender as a GK......[/quote]I thought it was pretty soft too, it was right in front of me. But saw a lot of folks say it was justified?Haven''t watched highlights to make any further judgement.

The Wolves player dived, Pinto did put his hands on his back but not with enough force to make his legs buckle!!, I suppose the way to look at it is that by diving the player made the ref make a decision, in my view he made the wrong call......I suppose a player wearing running tights under his shorts must have very weak legs.......