Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

Ed Balls on tour

Ed doesnt pick the team, nor give team talks or half-time motivational speeches. Ed doesnt wash the kit nor hang it out before each match. He also doesnt get selected to play in the team during the match..... so will we actually miss his presence of sitting in the crowd clapping?

The point is , he is chairman, a chairman should lead from the front, can you imagine Watling or dare I say it Chase prancing about with his eyes off the ball while the good ship city headed for the rocks.

Unless they are having a Board meeting on a Saturday either before, during or immediately after the game he wont be "chairing" any meeting. So whats the issue?

Delia and the Board have all given their backing to Alex Neil. He aint gonna get the sack just yet. Results are not going our way. Players are not improving, despite all their hard work on the training pitch.

All we need to do, is sign of the cheque or process our direct debits for the impending Season Tickets.

As Delia will be saying "Just Pay up! And shut up!"

[quote user="djc"]Ed doesnt pick the team, nor give team talks or half-time motivational speeches. Ed doesnt wash the kit nor hang it out before each match. He also doesnt get selected to play in the team during the match..... so will we actually miss his presence of sitting in the crowd clapping?[/quote]This.He doesn''t get paid so what does it matter ?

[quote user="djc"]Ed doesnt pick the team, nor give team talks or half-time motivational speeches. Ed doesnt wash the kit nor hang it out before each match. He also doesnt get selected to play in the team during the match..... so will we actually miss his presence of sitting in the crowd clapping?[/quote]

But we''re all in this together !

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="djc"]Ed doesnt pick the team, nor give team talks or half-time motivational speeches. Ed doesnt wash the kit nor hang it out before each match. He also doesnt get selected to play in the team during the match..... so will we actually miss his presence of sitting in the crowd clapping?[/quote]This.He doesn''t get paid so what does it matter ?[/quote]

I don''t get paid either but I''ll be there!

Us supporters don''t realise just how lucky we are to have a show business Chairman In Red ED, we had Mr Fry who brought so much to the club now we''ve a Chairman who can double up as a warm up act for Take That in their forthcoming tour.

All we need now is Delia to persuade Jeremy Corbyn to join and he can lead the marchers against the fans revolt

The good times continue

I like Edd as a bloke and he is undoubtedly is a clever man.

I''ve not seen the need to criticise him on this board however now that everything is going down the pan I don''t see why he should miss out.

Why is he there?

It''s almost as if his role is as a non executive, what''s the point in that.

Somehow from somewhere we need some strong leadership to get us out of this mess, which of our leadership group, for want of a better word is going to provide this?

From what I remember from previous AGM''s our past Chairman from Mr Bowkett, Chase, Watling back to Arthur South were hands on Chairman and were at CR on most days.

Now we can have a BOD meeting via video link at the Sunday Palladium with Ed in drag

[quote user="VanWink"]I like Edd as a bloke and he is undoubtedly is a clever man.

I''ve not seen the need to criticise him on this board however now that everything is going down the pan I don''t see why he should miss out.

Why is he there?

Somehow from somewhere we need some strong leadership
to get us out of this mess, which of our leadership group, for want of a better word is going to provide this?[/quote]He is a non-executive, just as Bowkett and Munby were. Leaving aside the one-off 90,000 for Balls, none of them was/is paid. None was/is an employee, working at Carrow Road Monday to Friday, or to Saturday. The CEO is the main executive, with others such as Stone helping. That is not to say Balls should not be providing leadership. But for all we know he may be. I have never got the sense there is one poster here who knows from being there (and so can be trusted to be accurate) what goes in the boardrooom. It is at best second- or third-hand stuff, or worse, with all the likelihood that entails of misinformation. Posters, myself included, do not know what kind of job Balls might be doing, but juvenile antipathy towards his politics means some are prepared to assume the worst.

Thanks, yes he is a non exec.

My frustration comes from the perception that we are drifting toward the rocks with nobody at the helm, or maybe using a broken rudder.

[quote user="VanWink"]Thanks, yes he is a non exec.

My frustration comes from the perception that we are drifting toward the rocks with nobody at the helm, or maybe using a broken rudder.[/quote]VW, there is a precedent here, and that is Hughton''s second season, when - again - we seemed to be drifting  towards the rocks (fans were factoring in our horrendous last few fixtures) and there was probably (hard to be sure but...) a consensus that he should hve been sacked earlier than he was. And this was with a board including those uber tough guys Bowkett and McNally whose supposed decisiveness, we are now being told, we are badly missing. They, it is claimed, would have had Neil out by now. Well, they didn''t have Hughton out.With Hughton we were not in the relegation zone, and every so often we would get that one result. This season we are still not adrift from the play-offs and Neil keeps getting the odd result.

I much preferred Bowkett and Mister Mac on the board - as opposed to Delia''s ex politico chum Ed, NepoTomonism Tom and Bargain Bucket Moxey.......I also struggle to decide who has an answer for everything between Purple & Morty......Purple''s maybe on the board......and Morty just makes me bored......

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="VanWink"]Thanks, yes he is a non exec.

My frustration comes from the perception that we are drifting toward the rocks with nobody at the helm, or maybe using a broken rudder.[/quote]VW, there is a precedent here, and that is Hughton''s second season, when - again - we seemed to be drifting  towards the rocks (fans were factoring in our horrendous last few fixtures) and there was probably (hard to be sure but...) a consensus that he should hve been sacked earlier than he was. And this was with a board including those uber tough guys Bowkett and McNally whose supposed decisiveness, we are now being told, we are badly missing. They, it is claimed, would have had Neil out by now. Well, they didn''t have Hughton out.With Hughton we were not in the relegation zone, and every so often we would get that one result. This season we are still not adrift from the play-offs and Neil keeps getting the odd result.[/quote]Haven''t you learnt yet that if something goes wrong it''s never McNally & Bowketts fault as they are current favourites?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="VanWink"]I like Edd as a bloke and he is undoubtedly is a clever man.

Why is he there?

to get us out of this mess, which of our leadership group, for want of a better word is going to provide this?[/quote]He is a non-executive, just as Bowkett and Munby were. Leaving aside the one-off 90,000 for Balls, none of them was/is paid. None was/is an employee, working at Carrow Road Monday to Friday, or to Saturday. The CEO is the main executive, with others such as Stone helping. That is not to say Balls should not be providing leadership. But for all we know he may be. I have never got the sense there is one poster here who knows from being there (and so can be trusted to be accurate) what goes in the boardrooom. It is at best second- or third-hand stuff, or worse, with all the likelihood that entails of misinformation. Posters, myself included, do not know what kind of job Balls might be doing, but juvenile antipathy towards his politics means some are prepared to assume the worst.[/quote]I thought the company that Munby owned and ran was paid £25k a year expenses when he was engaged  on NCFC business ?

I like the man and hope he is offering good advice/leadership.   I was a bit concerned that his over effusive "promotion, promotion,promotion" was akin to political spin and just trying to keep people onside.  That kind of lack of transaparency we can do without and I hope he doesn''t fall into that trap.  Good clear and evident to all of us leadership is needed to be shown by somebody imo - whether it comes from Balls, Moxey, DS, or the manager. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="VanWink"]I like Edd as a bloke and he is undoubtedly is a clever man.

Why is he there?

to get us out of this mess, which of our leadership group, for want of a better word is going to provide this?[/quote]He is a non-executive, just as Bowkett and Munby were. Leaving aside the one-off 90,000 for Balls, none of them was/is paid. None was/is an employee, working at Carrow Road Monday to Friday, or to Saturday. The CEO is the main executive, with others such as Stone helping. That is not to say Balls should not be providing leadership. But for all we know he may be. I have never got the sense there is one poster here who knows from being there (and so can be trusted to be accurate) what goes in the boardrooom. It is at best second- or third-hand stuff, or worse, with all the likelihood that entails of misinformation. Posters, myself included, do not know what kind of job Balls might be doing, but juvenile antipathy towards his politics means some are prepared to assume the worst.[/quote]I thought the company that Munby owned and ran was paid £25k a year expenses when he was engaged  on NCFC business ?[/quote]It was 26,000 pounds in the last year Munby was chairman but he was not employed by NCFC and that money was not a salary or expenses but compensation to his company for the time he spent at Carrow Road. And that Munby did indeed own and run a company (along with the comparitively small amount of compensation) is an indication that he was very much a non-executive who was, understandably, only able to give a certain amount of time to being our chairman. And, as pointed out before to others who have complained about Balls, Bowkett was chairman of six other companies (not all at the same time) while he was chairman here, with a particular venture in Italy taking up his time.

Whoever would pay good money to watch him when they can buy a ticket at CR and watch better rubbish

I have no problem with Ed Balls per se, he seems a nice bloke - what I think is mainly annoying supporters is that it at least comes across that he''s more interested in f*cking around in high heels and fishnets rather than reassuring the city of Norwich that he will be there to help guide our club through what is a dark time right now, I guess ''lead from the top''. But he comes across as being not overly bothered - am sure nothing could be further from the truth but the majority of City supporters couldn''t give a flying dogs dick about Strictly Come Dancing etc. This is not a time to at least be looking preoccupied with something else!.

[quote user="Alex "]I have no problem with Ed Balls per se, he seems a nice bloke - what I think is mainly annoying supporters is that it at least comes across that he''s more interested in f*cking around in high heels and fishnets rather than reassuring the city of Norwich that he will be there to help guide our club through what is a dark time right now, I guess ''lead from the top''. But he comes across as being not overly bothered - am sure nothing could be further from the truth but the majority of City supporters couldn''t give a flying dogs dick about Strictly Come Dancing etc. This is not a time to at least be looking preoccupied with something else!.[/quote]Whilst I see what you''re saying, how often have previous chairmen done what some people are expecting of Ed?I think its just easy to lash out at him, because he is a public figure.

Perhaps mate, I guess to us our football club is something that most of us would almost die for (I''m near a heart attack now to be honest haha), and this whole razzmatazz bullshit just seems like it''s more important. I''m sure it isn''t but I can''t blame anyone for feeling that way.

I think Bosley very much stepped up to the plate during difficult times when he initially came into office and didn''t take £90k for it either. £90k not far off Balls annual salary as an MP of course so not bad for three months work holding a few interviews I would expect the chairman to be involved with anyway.

[quote user="Alex "]Perhaps mate, I guess to us our football club is something that most of us would almost die for (I''m near a heart attack now to be honest haha), and this whole razzmatazz bullshit just seems like it''s more important. I''m sure it isn''t but I can''t blame anyone for feeling that way.[/quote]I''m as passionate as most, maybe even more so, but I am more interested in what happens on the pitch. Too many here are more obsessed with what happens in the boardroom.Ed Balls barely appears on my radar, I only have a passing interest in politics, and I certainly don''t watch TV shows about dancing, any self respecting football fan who does should really consider handing in his man card.Like I have said previously, I think this is more about peoples personal dislike of Ed Balls, than anything else.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="VanWink"]I like Edd as a bloke and he is undoubtedly is a clever man.

Why is he there?

to get us out of this mess, which of our leadership group, for want of a better word is going to provide this?[/quote]He is a non-executive, just as Bowkett and Munby were. Leaving aside the one-off 90,000 for Balls, none of them was/is paid. None was/is an employee, working at Carrow Road Monday to Friday, or to Saturday. The CEO is the main executive, with others such as Stone helping. That is not to say Balls should not be providing leadership. But for all we know he may be. I have never got the sense there is one poster here who knows from being there (and so can be trusted to be accurate) what goes in the boardrooom. It is at best second- or third-hand stuff, or worse, with all the likelihood that entails of misinformation. Posters, myself included, do not know what kind of job Balls might be doing, but juvenile antipathy towards his politics means some are prepared to assume the worst.[/quote]I thought the company that Munby owned and ran was paid £25k a year expenses when he was engaged  on NCFC business ?[/quote]It was 26,000 pounds in the last year Munby was chairman but he was not employed by NCFC and that money was not a salary or expenses but compensation to his company for the time he spent at Carrow Road. And that Munby did indeed own and run a company (along with the comparitively small amount of compensation) is an indication that he was very much a non-executive who was, understandably, only able to give a certain amount of time to being our chairman. And, as pointed out before to others who have complained about Balls, Bowkett was chairman of six other companies (not all at the same time) while he was chairman here, with a particular venture in Italy taking up his time.[/quote]So basically your first sentence agrees with what i posted except you said compensation when i described it as expenses.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="VanWink"]I like Edd as a bloke and he is undoubtedly is a clever man.

Why is he there?

to get us out of this mess, which of our leadership group, for want of a better word is going to provide this?[/quote]He is a non-executive, just as Bowkett and Munby were. Leaving aside the one-off 90,000 for Balls, none of them was/is paid. None was/is an employee, working at Carrow Road Monday to Friday, or to Saturday. The CEO is the main executive, with others such as Stone helping. That is not to say Balls should not be providing leadership. But for all we know he may be. I have never got the sense there is one poster here who knows from being there (and so can be trusted to be accurate) what goes in the boardrooom. It is at best second- or third-hand stuff, or worse, with all the likelihood that entails of misinformation. Posters, myself included, do not know what kind of job Balls might be doing, but juvenile antipathy towards his politics means some are prepared to assume the worst.[/quote]I thought the company that Munby owned and ran was paid £25k a year expenses when he was engaged  on NCFC business ?[/quote]It was 26,000 pounds in the last year Munby was chairman but he was not employed by NCFC and that money was not a salary or expenses but compensation to his company for the time he spent at Carrow Road. And that Munby did indeed own and run a company (along with the comparitively small amount of compensation) is an indication that he was very much a non-executive who was, understandably, only able to give a certain amount of time to being our chairman. And, as pointed out before to others who have complained about Balls, Bowkett was chairman of six other companies (not all at the same time) while he was chairman here, with a particular venture in Italy taking up his time.[/quote]So basically your first sentence agrees with what i posted except you said compensation when i described it as expenses.[/quote]
That and 25 isn''t 26...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]... Bowkett was chairman of six other companies (not all at the same time) while he was chairman here, with a particular venture in Italy taking up his time.[/quote]Bowkett isn''t Parma is he?