Sign in to follow this  
Len

Positives from yesterday's result

A lot of true Norwich fans might be somewhat ''down in the dumps'' this morning after Alex Neil''s shock win against Wolves.The board will (wrongly) think they dodged a bullet in not replacing Alex Neil with Paul Lambert. The downside of our victory is that Neil will now have an extended licence to continue wrecking Norwich City.I''m trying to grasp at some positives from yesterday''s result. Neil continuing as manager, probably into next season, will at some point directly or indirectly lead to relegation and protests against the board.We could have the delicious prospect of Wynn-Jones, Delia, Balls and Nephew Tom being run out of town. We potentially have a League One title winning season under a proper manager and board to look forward to.The fan in me would prefer Neil to be replaced in the near future. But being more hard-headed and realistic I''d settle for a bit more bad medicine in the form of our incompetent manager so as to cure the disease in the long term.Cheering on Alex Neil might ironically be our best chance of deposing Delia?

Glad you managed to search out some positives after we got 3 points winning a home game, with a couple of key players having outstanding games and remaining injury free.

[quote user="Number 9"]Glad you managed to search out some positives after we got 3 points winning a home game, with a couple of key players having outstanding games and remaining injury free.[/quote]We might have the occassional good spell, but it won''t last if Neil remains. He''s the mirror image of the majority shareholders in this sense.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Joke thread.  People who have no real love for the club more interested in seeing people they don''t like fail than seeing the club as a whole succeed.[/quote]It''s no joke and I''m not the only one who has criticised the manager and board.Last time we were in a similar situation things didn''t improve until we were relegated. Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster left, McNally and Bowkett were an improvement and we finally hired a proper manager after going through Roeder, Grant and Gunn.At the moment this thread has only attracted pro-Neil and pro-Delia posters, which is unfortunate.

I really can''t work Len out.Deadly serious, or really, really amateurish troll.Probably a fine line....

Yes we await the true fans. I''m sure they''ll be here soon. When we lose they start umpteen threads before now. Come on true fans, where are you, let''s be ''avin'' you...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I take great comfort in the knowledge that Len doesn''t consider me a true can. That has made my good weekend great.[/quote]I would still buy you a pint!

[quote user="Len"][quote user="lake district canary"]Joke thread.  People who have no real love for the club more interested in seeing people they don''t like fail than seeing the club as a whole succeed.[/quote]It''s no joke and I''m not the only one who has criticised the manager and board.Last time we were in a similar situation things didn''t improve until we were relegated. Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster left, McNally and Bowkett were an improvement and we finally hired a proper manager after going through Roeder, Grant and Gunn.At the moment this thread has only attracted pro-Neil and pro-Delia posters, which is unfortunate.[/quote]

Can''t see that I''m afraid.  I''m not pro or anti Delia. She is in the position she is so the best thing imo is that people just learn to accept it and let the club get on with it''s plans.    She''s not the kind of owner who is sucking money out of the club, she is not a super rich faceless owner on an ego trip, she has been there through good times and bad and come through them.  They have stuck with Neil and he is improving - unless you think that a home record of four wins out of five and goals of 13-3 is not improving.  Yes, the away side needs to improve too, but surely you can see that things are improving and that is in the best interests of everyone?

For once I actually agree with LDC...

It doesn''t matter if you think AN should leave or not, if you strip football down to its most basic aim it''s all about getting 3 points on the day - we did that so there''s nothing to be upset about

Our season probably hinges on the Birmingham game now - if we are 5 points or less off the playoffs next week then we still have a chance. Any more and we don''t have a chance

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Len"][quote user="lake district canary"]Joke thread.  People who have no real love for the club more interested in seeing people they don''t like fail than seeing the club as a whole succeed.[/quote]It''s no joke and I''m not the only one who has criticised the manager and board.Last time we were in a similar situation things didn''t improve until we were relegated. Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster left, McNally and Bowkett were an improvement and we finally hired a proper manager after going through Roeder, Grant and Gunn.At the moment this thread has only attracted pro-Neil and pro-Delia posters, which is unfortunate.[/quote]

Can''t see that I''m afraid.  I''m not pro or anti Delia. She is in the position she is so the best thing imo is that people just learn to accept it and let the club get on with it''s plans.    She''s not the kind of owner who is sucking money out of the club, she is not a super rich faceless owner on an ego trip, she has been there through good times and bad and come through them.  They have stuck with Neil and he is improving - unless you think that a home record of four wins out of five and goals of 13-3 is not improving.  Yes, the away side needs to improve too, but surely you can see that things are improving and that is in the best interests of everyone?[/quote]Read what I wrote again. With my change of outlook I shall now be joining you in cheering on Alex Neil. We will perhaps only differ in what we expect will happen as a result!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Lol. I''ve red it again - "Cheering on Alex Neil might ironically be our best chance of deposing Delia?"Says it all really...[/quote]Well lots of fans have questioned Delia and the board. Is it not true that many are calling for new owners?Perhaps this discussion ought to continue along the lines of what will likely happen if Alex Neil leads us into next season. This is a real possibility.Going on what has happened this season I think he''d at least make it to November.

Ok to question them, no problem.  Wanting them to go is something else.  If AN takes us into next season, he will have the confidence to know he can see off spells of bad form and come out the other side intact. The message is clear - to the players as much as anyone - AN is not going to be made a scapegoat for players who don''t perform.   

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Is calling for new owner like calling for a new manager then?

Do you sing and chant then eventually they quit and somebody new comes in?[/quote]Results will dictate the mood towards the board. I think there are still many who expect a top six finish and many of these will turn if we struggle in this division in the coming seasons.If Neil can have a dreadful run with an expensive squad then I wonder what will happen with a squad full of cheap replacements after some of our higher earners have moved on?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ok to question them, no problem.  Wanting them to go is something else.  If AN takes us into next season, he will have the confidence to know he can see off spells of bad form and come out the other side intact. The message is clear - to the players as much as anyone - AN is not going to be made a scapegoat for players who don''t perform.[/quote]I respect you opinion, but I''m not sure that we''ll be pushing up the table if Neil stays. Expectations might move towards giving Neil time to rebuild with our younger players. What will happen is debatable!

How can anyone not enjoy a result like yesterday...especially against Wolves AND Lambert?If we get three points i am happy. The season hasn''t turned out as we would have wanted but at the moment its hardly a disaster either.There is a part of me that would prefer to stay in this League for another season and build something that might actually be able to compete in the Premier League instead. A good proportion of this squad have proven that they can''t compete at a higher level.

[quote user="whoareyou"]How can anyone not enjoy a result like yesterday...especially against Wolves AND Lambert?[/quote]It was a marvelous result!

[quote user="Len"][quote user="lake district canary"]Joke thread.  People who have no real love for the club more interested in seeing people they don''t like fail than seeing the club as a whole succeed.[/quote]It''s no joke and I''m not the only one who has criticised the manager and board.Last time we were in a similar situation things didn''t improve until we were relegated. Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster left, McNally and Bowkett were an improvement and we finally hired a proper manager after going through Roeder, Grant and Gunn.At the moment this thread has only attracted pro-Neil and pro-Delia posters, which is unfortunate.[/quote]and I''m not the only one who has criticised the manager and board.

Nor is this your only user name in doing it, either