Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Booing on Saturday

[quote user="lake district canary"]Nice. However, it would be interesting to know how many were chanting for Lambert. You brought it up, but of you don''t want to be civil, perhaps there is a decent poster out there who went who could confirm roughly how many were?

[/quote]Lakey, do one. You were crying all morning how I was supposedly trolling you, yet here you are seeking my attention.I''m bored with it, everyone is bored with it. Go and bother someone else.

As I was saying, is there anyone who could confirm roughly how many Norwich fans were chanting for Lambert at the end of the match?   It was always a danger it would happen if things went sour in the match, but would be surprised if many were doing it after a good win. Would be interesting to know the extent of it.

How late are we talking? I was still in the South Stand when Pinto had given a fan his shirt and didn''t really hear anything. Michael Bailey mentioned him getting a warm reception from the Barclay when he went to salute the travelling Wolves fans- no issue with that in my opinion.

[quote user="king canary"]How late are we talking? I was still in the South Stand when Pinto had given a fan his shirt and didn''t really hear anything. Michael Bailey mentioned him getting a warm reception from the Barclay when he went to salute the travelling Wolves fans- no issue with that in my opinion.[/quote]I was on my way out of the Upper Barclay, normally takes a while to get out, so it was probably 4 or 5 minutes after full time. Sounded loud enough to be hundreds of fans.Its a bit tinpot, its the 4th time he has been back here.

Didn''t hear anything, not in my usual seat but in the Jarrod yesterday, the whole ground just seemed eerily quite from there.

Was the lower barclay and snakepit mostly. When Lambert was walking away from the Wolves fans.

I joined in. His previous visits theres been a bit of a cloud what with the clear falling out with McNally etc. But with him and Bowkett gone I think it was deserving he got a good reception considering what he achieved with us.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Nice. However, it would be interesting to know how many were chanting for Lambert. You brought it up, but of you don''t want to be civil, perhaps there is a decent poster out there who went who could confirm roughly how many were?

[/quote]I counted seven and a halfthough I couldn''t be sure if the half was a child, a dwarf or maybe someone on his knees in prayernow why not hush a bit LDC, we won which is what yu wanted,many on here who kept slagging off the club were proved wrong and supporters like you were proved right so there is little use now to keep trying to score points - and it is MY threadso did you boo at all listening to the commentary ?

[quote user="king canary"]I''m with Hoegsar on this one.[/quote]Is this in any way linked with your begrudging credit of us beating them?

I''m not ''begrudging credit.'' I''m saying how I saw the game.

We don''t all have agendas that you need to call out Morty.

As for Lambert- I think it is nice to give a manager who gave us some of the best years we''ve had in years a decent reception after a game.

Pretty much how I felt Hog, I politely applauded, he''s always going to be in the same class as Walker & Bond for me, he did his bit for our club and deserves credit.

[quote user="king canary"]I''m not ''begrudging credit.'' I''m saying how I saw the game.

We don''t all have agendas that you need to call out Morty.

As for Lambert- I think it is nice to give a manager who gave us some of the best years we''ve had in years a decent reception after a game.[/quote]Could it be that Wolves were made to look bad by a better team?Could that have happened?You going to do it every time he comes here, is there a limit to it?The main reason I have issue with it is that some people thought that singing "Theres only one Paul Lambert" if the game wasn''t going well, think that would have somehow sent a message to the board / manager.All it would have actually done is damaged our chances of winning the game.Its their choice to do it after the game, its my choice to call them licking his ar$e tinpot.

The chant for Lambert was ''something and nothing'', he went over to acknowledge Wolves fans and there was q but if a chant for him, IMO in the same way you''d acknowledge a good past player - nothing more ''sinister'' than that; he gave a wave and that was tvat.

I have to say I was a little bemused by the match commentary on here, making comment of boos during the game when Wolves got their pen/scored/when the ref next ventured up our end. This was so obviously annoyance at the decision, nothing more. I was rather surprised the guy writing seemed to make more out of it as he completely missed the point.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]The chant for Lambert was ''something and nothing'', he went over to acknowledge Wolves fans and there was q but if a chant for him, IMO in the same way you''d acknowledge a good past player - nothing more ''sinister'' than that; he gave a wave and that was tvat.

I have to say I was a little bemused by the match commentary on here, making comment of boos during the game when Wolves got their pen/scored/when the ref next ventured up our end. This was so obviously annoyance at the decision, nothing more. I was rather surprised the guy writing seemed to make more out of it as he completely missed the point.[/quote]The whole game had a feel that a lot of fans wanted it to be a tipping point (that wasn''t likely in my opinion anyway) and that they didn''t know quite how to feel about us winning.

I was a bit disappointed that Lambert didn''t give a rousing rendition of "one Norwich Barclay"; after all, we gave him fantastic backing throughout his time here and he''s achieved little of note since. Would have been a decent gesture for him to acknowledge the part we played in what was the highlight of his managerial career.

A token wave didn''t cut it for me. Disrespectful.

Indy wrote the following post at 22/01/2017 7:43 PM:

Pretty much how I felt Hog, I politely applauded, he''s always going to be in the same class as Walker & Bond for me, he did his bit for our club and deserves credit.

It''s what any decent fan would do, isn''t it?

I wonder what the Villa fans reaction to Mr Lambert will be when those two clubs next meet ?

I see no problem in applauding or even chanting at Lambert after we had beaten his team.  Quite like that idea, actually.  Like I''ve said before, what happens after a match is no problem.  If any chanting for Lambert had occurred during the match, say if we had gone behind - that, I would have a real issue with and would have had a different meaning altogether.

[quote user="AJ"]Can''t wait for my weekly booing session today - been warming up the vocal chords by practising on my partners lunch making skills.[/quote]stay off the boos before a game would be my adviceI can have a strange affect on the ''elderly''as our Delia will know

along the Wensum, slowing down near Carrow Bridge to boo

(preferable when there is a game on)

What if we win again next Saturday?Whatever will people do?Should we cheer Zola? I saw him score a great goal at Carrow road.

[quote user="morty"]What if we win again next Saturday?Whatever will people do?Should we cheer Zola? I saw him score a great goal at Carrow road.[/quote]oi, get orf my fread this is about booingif you want to introduce a cheering faction then go elsewhere

I know you''re being tongue in cheek Morty but I think there''s a slight gap between a player who scored a good goal and one of our best managers of all time!

[quote user="hogesar"]I know you''re being tongue in cheek Morty but I think there''s a slight gap between a player who scored a good goal and one of our best managers of all time![/quote][;)]