Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Booing on Saturday

Lambert left us because he had his sights on a club higher than Norwich City, Aston Villa.

It is our lot as far as most of our successful managers have been concerned.

Ron Saunders, resigned but was quickly snapped up by Manchester City.

John Bond to Manchester City.

Mike Walker to Everton.

Overall they have had mixed success at these "big" clubs.

Saunders was a flop at Manchester City, but was subsequently to do very well at Aston Villa.

Bond won the FA Cup at Manchester City, but had less success in the league and resigned after a year or two.

Walker flopped at Everton and Lambert flopped at Villa.

If Alex Neil had been a roaring success at Carrow Road, ie. had carried on last season on a level with the impact that he made when he first arrived, then no doubt bigger fish would be sniffing by now.

It''s an interesting phenomena that successful managers from lesser clubs, when when poached by one of the big boys rarely seem to succeed. I can think of Brendan Rodgers off the top of my head, but there are probably many more.

Once Alex Neil leads us back to the promised land (hic) and is sought after by Manchester United (hic, hic) let him take note of the above.

One thing that didn''t fail for any of the above though was their ability to increase their bank balance.

Let''s not kid ourselves, anything less than victory is going to start a boo fest.

AN is on the cliff edge and rightly so. It can still go either way.

Started Booing already, BooooooEspecially after hearing Lambert''s comments on Talk-Sport about Norwich, saying that they must have some big problems, they should be in the top three with that squad. We know that, it''s our cr@p manager, Boooooooo

1/ Don''t think we will boo Lambert

2/ Think Wolves fans will Boo Jez

3/ Think we will boo AN if all goes wrong

4/ Think we will Boo the board No 3 happens

5/ Know we will Boo the ref when he doesn''t know what he is doing.

6/ Think I might Boo the wife tonight when I get home if my dinner is not ready, just for practice.

7/ But will not sing Paul Lamberts name under any circumstance.

Regardless of the result on Saturday.....I shall be boozing......

Pop into the Kingsway or the Ferryboat and I''ll buy you all a pint.....

I am not interested in Lambert.

He was good for us but chose to leave so that is the end of it.

I shall certainly boo if the team put in another below par performance!

I don''t know how to boo effectively never actually done it before.

I''ll be up for it Saturday though if things go badly.

I''m in training. It''s from the front of the throat with lips pursed? Yes?

I''ll practice a bit more on my way to the ground.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo.

[quote user="Eccles from Beccles"]Booing serves no purpose-just like most of City 1st''s posts.[/quote]Are you sure you''re not "a simple Suffolk farmhand"?

[quote user="Eccles from Beccles"]Booing serves no purpose-just like most of City 1st''s posts.[/quote]2000 reads suggest otherwise

[quote user="Indy"].......

I''m looking forward to catching up with a couple mates not seen in a while, so should be a good day, would it be too much to ask for a win?[/quote]Don''t be greedy......you''ll be getting the best part of the day as it is [:D]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Regardless of the result on Saturday.....I shall be boozing......

Pop into the Kingsway or the Ferryboat and I''ll buy you all a pint.....[/quote]I will buy you a pint Mello if you meet me in The Jolly Maltsters.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Regardless of the result on Saturday.....I shall be boozing......

Pop into the Kingsway or the Ferryboat and I''ll buy you all a pint.....[/quote]I will buy you a pint Mello if you meet me in The Jolly Maltsters.[/quote]oi ! this ain''t grindrget orf my threador I''ll set my dawgs on yer

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"]Theres only one paul lambert will be ringing around the stadium, who on earth would boo lambert? the best years ive had at carrrow road under lambert the guy is a legend in my eyes for the club.

then you have alex neil.......[/quote]

Paul Lambert did an excellent job for this club and should be shown some respect and gratitude.

[quote user="Indy"]

There''s no point in booing AN this has Worthy all over it, he''s here for this season and part of the next, if things don''t improve he''ll be gone in November.

[/quote]

November of which year?

We are on our way to division one.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]We are on our way to division one.[/quote]MEGALOL  Tangible fixed assets anyone? [:D][/quote]Division one is Division three old money Lapps.

which boo do I use

deep resonant, but best short or long booes?

High pitched? long or short sharp repetitive bursts

who to aim them at, old gold scum, their serial walkout no responsibility manager (resigned at every club managed apart from villa (sacked)), our owners, our board, our(their) CEO, the manager or one or all of our usually inept players.

So many worthy recipients, so little time. Based on this boards history its probably best to start with whits or martin, they are usually the scapegoats arent they?

Better take my strepsils - its gonna be a long afternoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGNfvAtX-0s

could try this obviously Chelsea had it right that day

Dont think anyone will be left in any doubt as to who the intended target is !

Can''t wait for my weekly booing session today - been warming up the vocal chords by practising on my partners lunch making skills.

I should imagine there was quite a bit of booing around 5 O''clock yesterdayAs Ms Roslyn would say"I can see Pete, and Len, Keith and Derby, Highland and Yorkshire.................and that is about allI wonder where all the others are hiding ?"

[quote user="Billy Banter"]I should imagine there was quite a bit of booing around 5 O''clock yesterdayAs Ms Roslyn would say"I can see Pete, and Len, Keith and Derby, Highland and Yorkshire.................and that is about allI wonder where all the others are hiding ?"[/quote]Ah yes, Miss Rosalyn......shame she had to leave Romper Room after her own bit of romping in there back in the day. [:D]

No booing, but some stayed till the end to sing "Theres only one Paul Lambert".Sad sacks.

Nice. However, it would be interesting to know how many were chanting for Lambert. You brought it up, but of you don''t want to be civil, perhaps there is a decent poster out there who went who could confirm roughly how many were?