Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Top six is back on

[quote user="Indy"]I never predicted we would lose to wolves, I''m always happy and always will be, I don''t have to like a manager or the staff as long as they get the best out of what they have that''s good enough for me.

I said pre game there would be a minority waiting to start the negative shite if we went 1-0 down, it didn''t happen but the entire atmosphere was of a club just seeing out the season, most pre match believe our season is over and stats tend to indicate it will be difficult for us to get that top 6 spot.

When we scored there was barely a cheat never mind the normal roar we get.

That''s just where we are right now, but we still have a chance to push on, that''s upto the manager and players I''m sure if they give it their all the crowd will be back to its best.[/quote]

The 0-1 scenario has been avoided in the two key games it needed to be, against Derby and yesterday.  Maybe AN''s luck has turned and we are going to get a good run going.  Also, I just don''t get the "season is over" mentality idea - why would anyone think it is over at this stage?  Can''t understand that at all, regardless of the past results/performances. There is surely everything still to play for!

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Wolves fought well for the ball, I think it was a pretty decent championship game ,, bit rough and tough ,, lacking in quality in parts , but exciting and we won .

Now leave my mate Morty alone ,, bully 😬[/quote]Cheers mate.[{][}]

@morty

I thought they were poor based on their play in the final third. The wingers seemed to either try to do too much (ie beating their man two or three times) or just hoiking aimless crosses in that we''re pretty routine to deal with. The strikers worked hard but didn''t posses a great deal of quality and the central midfielders didn''t offer much going forward. They were pretty solid at the back though.

I''d contrast yesterday with the derby game where I felt we did lots to make a good team look average. I didn''t think we did that yesterday.

You just seem to insist in projecting all these agendas on me that just aren''t there, simply as I asked you if you thought Wolves were good.

[quote user="king canary"]@morty

I thought they were poor based on their play in the final third. The wingers seemed to either try to do too much (ie beating their man two or three times) or just hoiking aimless crosses in that we''re pretty routine to deal with. The strikers worked hard but didn''t posses a great deal of quality and the central midfielders didn''t offer much going forward. They were pretty solid at the back though.

I''d contrast yesterday with the derby game where I felt we did lots to make a good team look average. I didn''t think we did that yesterday.

You just seem to insist in projecting all these agendas on me that just aren''t there, simply as I asked you if you thought Wolves were good.[/quote]I have already told you my opinion.And you''re the one going on endlessly about agendas.

Morty. You are very naïve if you think all the reports in the national press are "independent". Do you seriously think that they send their own reporter all the way to Norwich just to write half a dozen lines. I would suspect they all use the same kind of agency - or possibly just read Ricardo''s reports - hence comments are more or less all the same.

[quote user="vos"]Morty. You are very naïve if you think all the reports in the national press are "independent". Do you seriously think that they send their own reporter all the way to Norwich just to write half a dozen lines. I would suspect they all use the same kind of agency - or possibly just read Ricardo''s reports - hence comments are more or less all the same.[/quote]Jesus Christ, seriously?[:D]

Seriously guys, what has happened to being happy about your team winning, and giving credit for doing so?[:D]

We are I believe still the third highest scorers in the division so that speaks volumes for our beleaguered attacking players and a team that had lost so many games late last year.

Unfortunately the goals conceded is downright awful so illustrates the reason why.

I wasn''t at the game but listening to Canaryworld we did sound, local bias accepted, that we were dangerous going forward.

I still would like to see the manager replaced as I genuinely believe he isn''t up to the job we require but accept that there is really only one area that needs fixing (from the start of the game at least) and that is defending and that doesn''t apportion the blame solely on the back four.

I hope we look for the one classy central midfield player who will stop the rot in defending and itmight still be possible.

I thought Wolves were poor but ironically how much of that was Lamberts tactics? Long ball to 3 smallish strikers which Martin and Klose dealt with well. We made sure we won the second balls too which made them look worse.

[quote user="hogesar"]I thought Wolves were poor but ironically how much of that was Lamberts tactics? Long ball to 3 smallish strikers which Martin and Klose dealt with well. We made sure we won the second balls too which made them look worse.[/quote]Don''t make it even more confusing for people![:D]

Seriously guys, what happened to using this forum to discuss football rather than trying to score points on other posters?

Just thought I''d mix it up a bit Morty having watched the highlights!

P.S fully intended to make the pub but had an ill girlfriend moaning and my feet were numb! Hoping to make it for Birmingham!

[quote user="king canary"]Seriously guys, what happened to using this forum to discuss football rather than trying to score points on other posters?[/quote]Hold up.You''re the one here talking about agendas and point scoring here.Nobody else.My opinion differs from yours, that is neither of the things above.

[quote user="hogesar"]Just thought I''d mix it up a bit Morty having watched the highlights!

P.S fully intended to make the pub but had an ill girlfriend moaning and my feet were numb! Hoping to make it for Birmingham![/quote][Y]

It was all Howson, the rest were as poor or as good as each other, that guy has a hell of a day.....just wish that shot had crept under the bar, great hit!

It''s funny how all viewed the game, I thought in part we moved the ball well, Naismith actually looked like he wanted to play for us, and Wes was brilliant again. Jerome run his nuts off but looked a little rusty.

Yep Wolves humped the ball upand it suited Klose & Martin our best pairing in my opinion.

Also for someone on the way out, allegedly Brady had one of his better games.

I asked if if you thought Wolves were good.

You were the one who tried to turn it into me apparently being ''begrudging'' or disappointed that we won.

[quote user="king canary"]I asked if if you thought Wolves were good.

You were the one who tried to turn it into me apparently being ''begrudging'' or disappointed that we won.[/quote]And I told you that I thought they were no better or no worse than most Championship sides that have visited Carrow road this season.Like I say, I''m happy my team won, and I have no need to find an excuse for it.We done here? Or we going to continue to go round in circles?

Yes he was King but didn''t they take him off for someone smaller yet kept playing the same long ball or did I imagine it? Note the latter is extremely possible.

@Hoegsar

He did. I think the tactical plan from them was once they''d equalised to sit deep and use the front threes pace to get in behind us on the counter. Obviously the penalty and red card threw that out of the window as we didn''t need to commit forward as much.

The obvious criticism of Lambert was making all three changes so early- it wasn''t needed and they paid for it.

[quote user="king canary"]@morty

Thats the point though- I''m just discussing the game, not trying to ''find an excuse'' for why we won.[/quote]Your whole discussion is based around "Wolves were poor".We''re done here, we''ll agree to disagree[Y]

Happy with the win of course but Wolves were a bizzare side. A lot of imposing players that were awful technically. And a couple of them, such as their no. 2 looked borderline overweight - anyone else notice this?

Yes some of them looked Neanderthal.

Left winger had lovely balance, Costa was ok, but as a team they weren''t up to much.

Expected more football from a Lambert side.

This makes it all the stranger that so many in the prediction thread were predicting they would beat us.Almost like they didn''t have the first clue what they were talking about.....