Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Top six is back on

Long way to go yet. Can we do it? Yes of course...

Will we do it? Well... lets just worry about Birmingham first shall we?

To those who attended yesterday with an open mind, I have to ask the question.

The Canaryworld reporting didn''t really paint a picture of fast, free flowing football.

So , of course it is possible, but are the signs there that we are really playing well enough to win another 10/11 games?

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]To those who attended yesterday with an open mind, I have to ask the question.

The Canaryworld reporting didn''t really paint a picture of fast, free flowing football.

So , of course it is possible, but are the signs there that we are really playing well enough to win another 10/11 games?[/quote]I thought we played well. Naismith, Hoolahan and Howson linked up fantastically.Even after they equalised I felt we would go on and win the game.I have no idea why people need to qualify the win by saying Villa were poor, perhaps it was it was the same people bigging them and Paul Lambert, so they felt their praise could only be begrudging.

[quote user="Bagster"]wish Wolves were Villa ;)[/quote]Not much between them, scummy brummies.[:)]

I thought we were poor in the first half (goal was taken very well though), we looked good at the beginning of the second half but when they equalised I thought the momentum shifted to them for a short time. The penalty and red card came at just the right time for us.

Wolves did look utterly toothless though- when they got the ball in the final third they were either trying to do too much of swinging in aimless crosses that we could deal with easily.

Morty, you''ve been very forthright since last night, if some people think Lambert is a better manager and wish to chant his name who are you to say their in the wrong? You might not do it so fine show your support to AN!

Top six was never off, it''s always on till mathematically over!

It''s down to the players to show they have it in them to give a 100% each game and AN to show he can turn it around. If we win next weekend we could be within a game of the playoffs, then again lose and we could be 8 points away, that''s how crucial it is to win home games and pick up results away when we can.

I thought we played well for the most part but we''ve done so numerous times against the lower standard teams in this league. Saying that, we''ve also been bloody awful against them too.

The problem is we have struggled against pretty much every side in the top 10 or so which is what makes the playoffs very unlikely with AN. The flip side is its hardly like we have a midtable squad, I still maintain we have probably the second best squad or at bare minimum it''s in the top 4.

It''s been a strange old season, first we couldn''t stop winning without being too convincing, then we kept losing with the odd good performance. Then there''s the red card and penalty situation,barely a game goes by without there being one.

How are you supposed to predict it?

We could be top six, we should be in the top six, here''s to hoping we will be in the top six:)

[quote user="king canary"]I thought we were poor in the first half (goal was taken very well though), we looked good at the beginning of the second half but when they equalised I thought the momentum shifted to them for a short time. The penalty and red card came at just the right time for us.

Wolves did look utterly toothless though- when they got the ball in the final third they were either trying to do too much of swinging in aimless crosses that we could deal with easily.[/quote]I just went and read independent reports of our game yesterday, not one mentioned Wolves being poor.

[quote user="Indy"]Morty, you''ve been very forthright since last night, if some people think Lambert is a better manager and wish to chant his name who are you to say their in the wrong? You might not do it so fine show your support to AN!

Top six was never off, it''s always on till mathematically over!

It''s down to the players to show they have it in them to give a 100% each game and AN to show he can turn it around. If we win next weekend we could be within a game of the playoffs, then again lose and we could be 8 points away, that''s how crucial it is to win home games and pick up results away when we can.[/quote]I''m allowed an opinion.And my opinion is that its tinpot and pathetic.First time back for him, fine, but how long do we keep doing it?

[quote user="king canary"]@Morty

We all see different games- did you think Wolves were good?[/quote]I think we were better than Wolves, and deservedly won the game.

[quote user="king canary"]Great.

Didn''t answer my question though.[/quote]Yes it did.It just wasn''t the answer you wanted.We were better than Wolves, and won the game.I''m not sure what else matters / what you are looking for?

Wolves were appalling in the first half, but still managed to pull level, there''s no doubt we deserved to win that game.

Can''t say I care how poor they were it was nice to get the three points and always nice to encourage a visiting player off the pitch after a red card.

I asked if you thought Wolves were good as you said you''d read reports and none of them said they were poor- I was interested in whether you thought they were.

I agree with you that we were the better team. But I didn''t ask ''do you think we were the better team.'' I asked if you thought Wolves were good. There isn''t an answer I want, I''m just interested based on your mentioning of reports.

Where are all the folks who were bigging up Wolves before the game, saying how good they were, and how we''d get beat?Like I said, no independent reports even mention Wolves being poor.Really don''t understand how folks are trying to excuse the fact we won the game. Weird.

I think your projecting agendas onto people who don''t have them.

I don''t remember anyone bigging up Wolves- I certainly wasn''t as I''ve only seen them play once this season so have very little idea of if they are any good.

However if I think the opposition was poor, I will mention it when discussing a game. Can''t understand why you''d have a problem with that.

[quote user="king canary"]I think your projecting agendas onto people who don''t have them.

I don''t remember anyone bigging up Wolves- I certainly wasn''t as I''ve only seen them play once this season so have very little idea of if they are any good.

However if I think the opposition was poor, I will mention it when discussing a game. Can''t understand why you''d have a problem with that.[/quote]Go and read the score prediction thread, hardly anyone gave us a chance.No agenda here, I genuinely thought we played well.

So what your saying is people can''t have an opinion on Wolves having a better recent run of form, with our indifferent form by raising the notion that we might be likely to lose? So you''re saying unless we all have a positive opinion don''t bother posting?

I''m a tad lost to why you are having a real chip with posters Morty, maybe we should all be banned so just a half dozen of you can gleefully chat amongst yourselves without any nappy crappers around.

[quote user="Indy"]So what your saying is people can''t have an opinion on Wolves having a better recent run of form, with our indifferent form by raising the notion that we might be likely to lose? So you''re saying unless we all have a positive opinion don''t bother posting?

I''m a tad lost to why you are having a real chip with posters Morty, maybe we should all be banned so just a half dozen of you can gleefully chat amongst yourselves without any nappy crappers around.[/quote]If thats your honest opinion, fine.Funny how I see people who are generally negative about Norwich City being begrudging about the victory yesterday.And you have made yourself look a bit of a knob with that last bit, grow up mate.

No not really, you''re the one with the issue, you can''t seam to be happy we won, most are but you''re trying to bait on nearly every thread. Morty you''re generally a really good poster but since you''re evening last night you''ve had a real chip matey.

Still never mind as it goes I think we''ll beat Birmingham 8-0 and Naismith, Wes & Howson will be joint MOM next Saturday.

Is that better?

[quote user="Indy"]No not really, you''re the one with the issue, you can''t seam to be happy we won, most are but you''re trying to bait on nearly every thread. Morty you''re generally a really good poster but since you''re evening last night you''ve had a real chip matey.

Still never mind as it goes I think we''ll beat Birmingham 8-0 and Naismith, Wes & Howson will be joint MOM next Saturday.

Is that better?[/quote]I''m happy when my team win.I don''t really understand people who find an excuse not to be. I see you are carrying on in the same vein then....

I never predicted we would lose to wolves, I''m always happy and always will be, I don''t have to like a manager or the staff as long as they get the best out of what they have that''s good enough for me.

I said pre game there would be a minority waiting to start the negative shite if we went 1-0 down, it didn''t happen but the entire atmosphere was of a club just seeing out the season, most pre match believe our season is over and stats tend to indicate it will be difficult for us to get that top 6 spot.

When we scored there was barely a cheat never mind the normal roar we get.

That''s just where we are right now, but we still have a chance to push on, that''s upto the manager and players I''m sure if they give it their all the crowd will be back to its best.

Yes, if I say I thought Wolves were poor it is because I was at the game and thought they were poor. Hence why I asked if you thought they were good, as I''d be interested to know why. There is no agenda on my part to ''do down'' our victory.

As Indy says you just seem to be spoiling for a fight on here tonight.

[quote user="king canary"]Yes, if I say I thought Wolves were poor it is because I was at the game and thought they were poor. Hence why I asked if you thought they were good, as I''d be interested to know why. There is no agenda on my part to ''do down'' our victory.

As Indy says you just seem to be spoiling for a fight on here tonight.[/quote]Why do you think Wolves were poor, is it because they lost the game, because we made them look bad, or because you have no faith in your own team to win a game?I thought Wolves looked no better or worse than quite a few Championship sides that have been at Carrow road. I have seen worse and I have seen better. Literally a completely neutral view. But I definitely don''t think we won the game just because Wolves were poor.Why am I spoiling for a fight because my opinion differs to yours? I think I have explained, pretty comprehensively why I hold it.Here, watch this, whats not to like?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B372JamnC5A