Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Top six is back on

Yipdefrickingdooda...

If we don''t get at least playoffs at a canter this season, it''s been a complete failure. There''s a lot of making up to do before i''m a satisfied fan.

I hope so, but many false dawns this season. Let''s hope it''s a turning point but the only thing that will convince me is a sustained good run. Nevertheless, enjoying my pint a little more after today''s result.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]technically the top 6 is on, however realistically it''s not.

For me, the current top 6 is how it''ll stay. We''re playing catch up, and we need to go to places such as Leeds, Huddersfield, Wednesday and win. I can''t see it. Hope to be proved wrong of course.[/quote]

I think you make an excellent point. There are some definite green shoots of recovery at home, which we need to make sure is a second half of the season fortress. However, we have to find a style to win away, where we have been awful for a while. I''m not quite certain of the magic formula but sense it has to involve a bit more energy and discipline in the centre of the pitch and some pace on the break

Good result today though. Up the city.

If we had beating Rotherham we would have been just 2 points off - the fact is we are here horribly inconsistent. Unless we can turn away form around we will always hover 5 or so points off

We have no midfield, hence all those long punts up to Jerome.

We need a midfield Maestro - a Crook, or Peters or O''Neill to marshall things from the middle.

we looked most threatening when Howson or Wes ran through the midfield area with the ball.

Something is still very wrong with NCFC.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]@THB

A Lansbury...[/quote]

Or a Hourihane? He''d be fantastic next to Howson.[/quote]

Howson, Hoolahan, Hourihanne in the same team? People wouldnt be able to cope...

Remember, we are busy trying to sell our key players.

Depends what we are left with and who comes in if we can make the playoffs.

We need to win our away games. Wolves were poor and we won despite of Neil not because of him.To be honest you have to be pretty useless not to make the top 6 in this league.

we all of a sudden have a reasonably decent home record over recent weeks.....and I fully expect that to remain the case, unfortunately roughly half our our remaining games are away, where we seem to have lost all appetite in getting results on the road, until we can start to do that, it''ll continue to be a step forward and two steps back.

I''ll reserve judgement, beat Birmingham and then follow it up with back to back away wins (at very least win and a draw) at Cardiff then Wigan, and I might start believing

The OP is a deluded optimist. The reason being games the away form against lower teams and home form against the better teams. Play Off''s no chance,

[quote user="pete"]The OP is a deluded optimist. The reason being games the away form against lower teams and home form against the better teams. Play Off''s no chance,[/quote]Oh pete.No threads to start this week?[:)]

I said this elsewhere but, Win 10  Draw 5 Lose 4 from the last 19 games,would give City 75 points, enough nearly every season for a 5th or 6th place finish. You would have thought our squad was well capable of achieving that modest to decent amount of points needed, but such is our contrary form, i would not even give us a 50/50 chance of doing that.

Despite the terrible run, we sit just 5 points from the play offs.I would say they are definitely achievable.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]technically the top 6 is on, however realistically it''s not.

For me, the current top 6 is how it''ll stay. We''re playing catch up, and we need to go to places such as Leeds, Huddersfield, Wednesday and win. I can''t see it. Hope to be proved wrong of course.[/quote]I think most of us on here find that VERY hard to believe.