Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Rowett waiting for Norwich job

[quote user="Red Rufus"]I would dispute that Rotherham away was a terrible performance. Yes, a terrible result but if Oliveira had stayed on the pitch we would probably have won as we outplayed them with 10 men. You cannot point the finger at AN for a sending off.[/quote]

You can RR. You could argue the players are showing a lack of fear and respect towards the management team. Look at the amount of red cards we''ve had recently, it seems more than a coincidence. The players don''t seem to be too concerned by the punishment or consequence.

Ill discipline can definitely be linked to the management team. Granted, there''s the argument that a goal line hand ball isn''t ill discipline. But one such as Oliveria''s is definitely, and can be attributed to a few issues linking back to the manger.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Red Rufus"]I would dispute that Rotherham away was a terrible performance. Yes, a terrible result but if Oliveira had stayed on the pitch we would probably have won as we outplayed them with 10 men. You cannot point the finger at AN for a sending off.[/quote]

You can RR. You could argue the players are showing a lack of fear and respect towards the management team. Look at the amount of red cards we''ve had recently, it seems more than a coincidence. The players don''t seem to be too concerned by the punishment or consequence.

Ill discipline can definitely be linked to the management team. Granted, there''s the argument that a goal line hand ball isn''t ill discipline. But one such as Oliveria''s is definitely, and can be attributed to a few issues linking back to the manger.[/quote]

Player''s get themselves sent off.  Most players these day are a law unto themselves and all teams get players sent off from time to time, particularly if the team is struggling and the frustration gets to them.  In Oliveira''s case, he was being held down with his face in the ground, hard not to react to that - although I suppose he should have politely held his breath until the nice player decided to let him go......

There''s also an argument lakey that he should have kept his head. If players reacted every time they were grappled during corners they''d be no one left on the pitch at 90 minutes.

I will also pitch in with blaming red cards on the management team, as being absolute nonsense.

Yeah it would be extremely harsh to blame Neil for our recent spate of red cards. Two of them were for handball on the line and one was extremely questionable (Brady). The only one you could put down to genuine lack of discipline was Nelson.

If it had been 4 reds like Nelson''s then you could maybe ask questions but for these 4? No way.

lets say Gary Rowett is waiting on stand by for the Norwich job i could think of worse people that we could end up with, but i dont think that the board are likely to make any changes if they were going to it would have been done by now.

I like LDC confidence that we have turned the corner but for me it hasnt happened, im not saying it wont but after so many disappointing performances one after another for so long, then until we actually have a good run of form im not convinced.

[quote user="tricky974"]lets say Gary Rowett is waiting on stand by for the Norwich job i could think of worse people that we could end up with, but i dont think that the board are likely to make any changes if they were going to it would have been done by now.

I like LDC confidence that we have turned the corner but for me it hasnt happened, im not saying it wont but after so many disappointing performances one after another for so long, then until we actually have a good run of form im not convinced.[/quote]Is it 4 wins at home out of the last 5 now?

It is 4 wins at home out of 5. But including away games it still makes us a midtable at best side based on our last 10.

[quote user="hogesar"]It is 4 wins at home out of 5. But including away games it still makes us a midtable at best side based on our last 10.[/quote]It can be spun however you like. The fact remains that there are only 3 or 4 teams with a better home record than us.

[quote user="king canary"]We''ve taken 13 points from the last 10 games (home and away, they both count strangely enough...). That is midtable form at best. We''ve still not won back to back games since September. He needs to put together a solid run of form (again home AND away) before he can claim to have seen off anything.[/quote]

He has seen off an immediate sacking, for which many fans on here have been clamouring, so that must be some kind of achievement for the manager,

Four home wins out of five isn''t a bad record, though offset by atrocious away form. So maybe we haven''t yet turned a corner but perhaps we are standing at the corner. A couple of wins in the next games will put us in reach of the playoffs, so all is not quite lost, imo.

Well yeah, but there''s plenty with a better away record hence we are where we are. There''s no point winning at home every other week only to lose away. Works the same the other way round too.

[quote user="tricky974"]cant play all our games at home though can we.[/quote]No, of course not.But our good home record is why, despite the poor away form, we are only 5 points out of the play offs.

We should be picking up points from the next 3 games that being Home :Birmingham, Away: Cardiff then Away: Forrest after that Home: Newcastle which will be a differcult game, it should not matter with our experienced squad whether a game is home or away.

It is four home wins out of five.

It is also one point out of 15 on the road.

Talking about our form as a whole is not ''spin.''

[quote user="king canary"]It is four home wins out of five.

It is also one point out of 15 on the road.

Talking about our form as a whole is not ''spin.''[/quote]Nothing wrong with dragging it back to the middle ground of our form being "mixed" though.

We maybe only 5 points away from the play offs and i hope we turn our form around and have a reasl chance of promotion but currently 18 points off the leaders with the squad that we have is rediculous, im not saying that we dont have areas where we need investment but they have been the same areas window after window.

Gary Rowett replacing Alex Neil would be much of a muchness I feel, and I can''t for the life in me see why people get so excited about him. Yes he''s had his moments, but so''s Alex Neil. You only replace the manager if he''s an upgrade.