Sign in to follow this  
tricky974

Canos

Alot of the talk is regarding Canos and Brady and our incomings depend on our out goings, not many people seem that bothered that Brady maybe off as far as i can tell.

But not happy that Canos maybe off to Brentford as he has lots of potential so how much is he worth if he goes, we paid 3.5m for him allegedly with potential add ons and if we rate him so highly how much is he worth?

[quote user="tricky974"]Alot of the talk is regarding Canos and Brady and our incomings depend on our out goings, not many people seem that bothered that Brady maybe off as far as i can tell.

But not happy that Canos maybe off to Brentford as he has lots of potential so how much is he worth if he goes, we paid 3.5m for him allegedly with potential add ons and if we rate him so highly how much is he worth?[/quote]He has been kept out of the side by Murphy, which is a shame for him, but I think Murphy was readier for first team football sooner than anyone expected.If we get a good price for him, it would maybe be best for both parties. Under no circumstances should we sell him at a loss though.

Not fussed about Brady going as long as we sign a left back soon. I was bothered by the talk of Canos leaving, but having seen him play at Southampton it''s blatently obvious that he does not want to be here and couldn''t be bothered. I was hoping tha the would have busted his gut trying to impress but no, he didn''t fancy it, so if we can get our money back or even a small profit then sell.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]Not fussed about Brady going as long as we sign a left back soon. I was bothered by the talk of Canos leaving, but having seen him play at Southampton it''s blatently obvious that he does not want to be here and couldn''t be bothered. I was hoping tha the would have busted his gut trying to impress but no, he didn''t fancy it, so if we can get our money back or even a small profit then sell. [/quote]

You got that from ten minutes of a player being played out of position being fed on scraps?

Little effort from him or poor man management at the club ? Maybe a combination . Opportunities have been limited to say the least in a team struggling for form .

Must be hard for the lad when others out of form get picked regardless.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]Yep I did. There was zero effort. Body language was negative. He just looked like he didn''t want to be there and frankly couldn''t be bothered. [/quote]

I was at the match and watched Canos closely when he came on but he had so little of the ball that I couldn''t make any assessment other than I felt that he really went for the one chance that he had which was blocked. I had the impression that he seemed stronger and tougher than Jacob.

It''s just a shame that one club spend a million or more on so many promising teenagers then hardly play them or send them straight on loan .

I think the fans would give them time to get up to speed with a run in the side . You would have thought that one of Maddisson , Prtitchard, Thompson or Canos (plus the rest ) might be established and a regular pick by now .

Funny how we all interpret matches differently, I didn''t think he played badly in those few minutes at Southampton - he simply didn''t get any service! His first touch of the game saw him fly into the box, and at least have a go at goal (it was well blocked) which was somewhat of a non event for our other players on the night.

My feeling is he''s been written off way too soon when the evidence suggests he can be a hell of a match winning crowd pleaser in this league - and will surely only get better and better when he gets regular starts at either Brentford or Leeds. He''s the last kind of player we should be getting rid of imho.

I was at Southampton too, and I don''t think I saw enough of Canos to make a very accurate judgement.That, and it was cold, and I wanted to go home.

If you were a teen with promise and Norwich approached would you have reservations signing that contract ?. Our track record of giving game time doesn''t compare well . If your good enough your old enough .

I think you can base your evidence on the fact Barcelona wanted to keep him, Liverpool wanted to keep him, what an incredible season he had in this league at Brentford (often from the bench) or...

A handful of mainly uninspiring games in the U23''s and just 1 or 2 appearances for our 1st team.

I may be very wrong but I think there may well be some regrets on this board once he gets a run of games at Brentford (or Leeds). He''s already proven he can do it...

[quote user="Alex "]I think you can base your evidence on the fact Barcelona wanted to keep him, Liverpool wanted to keep him, what an incredible season he had in this league at Brentford (often from the bench) or...

A handful of mainly uninspiring games in the U23''s and just 1 or 2 appearances for our 1st team.

I may be very wrong but I think there may well be some regrets on this board once he gets a run of games at Brentford (or Leeds). He''s already proven he can do it...[/quote]But if he isn''t looking better than Murphy in training, which I assume he isn''t, why should he have his place?Every pro knows that you have to put the graft in, and take your chance when it comes. Every side will have some kind of reserve system where you have to show that you want it enough.I remember when Becchio came on for the yoof, I think we were winning the game comfortable (maybe NN can refresh my memory) and it was all set up for him to come on and really show what he had. And he just didn''t.I know the situations are different, but the manager watches those games. And if Canos was as good as everybody thinks he is, he really should have been standing out at that level.

[quote user="tricky974"]Alot of the talk is regarding Canos and Brady and our incomings depend on our out goings, not many people seem that bothered that Brady maybe off as far as i can tell.

But not happy that Canos maybe off to Brentford as he has lots of potential so how much is he worth if he goes, we paid 3.5m for him allegedly with potential add ons and if we rate him so highly how much is he worth?[/quote]as we don''t know, as you say, any more will again be guessingwhat we do know is that no one can really tell exactly hw things will pan outdid anyone really see how Holt would turn out, or Oliveira would develop..... WolfswinkelCanos is worth what someone else will pay... and what we are prepared to let him go forall unknowns

The little that I''ve seen of Canos has impressed me. Really can''t see how he can''t get a start, Jakob has played well for a while and Josh looks some way off. He should be give a fair chance and if it doesn''t work out fair enough. This nonsense about not impressing in training, Josh in particular hasn''t impressed each time that''s he''s come on.

[quote user="Alfie54"]The little that I''ve seen of Canos has impressed me. Really can''t see how he can''t get a start, Jakob has played well for a while and Josh looks some way off. He should be give a fair chance and if it doesn''t work out fair enough. This nonsense about not impressing in training, Josh in particular hasn''t impressed each time that''s he''s come on.[/quote]So how do you think the manager selects which players are in the best form then Alfie?Shakes some chicken bones?

I think Murphy has been good all season but it''s clear that isn''t the reason Canos isn''t involves- even with a heavily rotated cup side he didn''t make the bench initially and only got 10 minutes in the replay. Combine this with the fact he doesn''t even seem to get game time with the U23''s and wasn''t even considered worthy of a place on the bench in our long barren spell and its clear the manager just doesn''t fancy him for whatever reason.

It might be that he has an attitude problem or isn''t actually that good. Unfortunately I just don''t trust this current manager to make that call.

The truth is Canos was poor in preseason, Murphy came in and made the position his to lose. Canos has been okay in the cup games but I''ve certainly seen nothing to suggest he should be starting ahead of others. I hope it''s a loan only though as he was highly rated

By the way, I got evens on bet 365 on Alfie retorting to my chicken bones comment with something along the lines of "Well he may as well do".

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alex "]I think you can base your evidence on the fact Barcelona wanted to keep him, Liverpool wanted to keep him, what an incredible season he had in this league at Brentford (often from the bench) or...

I may be very wrong but I think there may well be some regrets on this board once he gets a run of games at Brentford (or Leeds). He''s already proven he can do it...[/quote]But if he isn''t looking better than Murphy in training, which I assume he isn''t, why should he have his place?Every pro knows that you have to put the graft in, and take your chance when it comes. Every side will have some kind of reserve system where you have to show that you want it enough.I remember when Becchio came on for the yoof, I think we were winning the game comfortable (maybe NN can refresh my memory) and it was all set up for him to come on and really show what he had. And he just didn''t.I know the situations are different, but the manager watches those games. And if Canos was as good as everybody thinks he is, he really should have been standing out at that level.

[/quote]

Totally fair points M, and I certainly agree re taking Jacob''s place as a starter. It''s not that I think Canos has a divine right to start (he doesn''t) but I''d have liked to have thought he''d get a few more chances as a regular Jacob substitute, something like 20 mins or so to add some fresh impetus whilst giving him more of a chance to shine in games that maybe more inspiring to him. I would imagine, despite being young, it must feel quite demoralising seeing your weekly run out restricted to what is basically the youths football off the back of a very successful season in the Championship. Why the former point has not happened I do not know, and I certainly wouldn''t blame AN as I have no idea what goes on behind the closed doors at Colney. My thoughts on this are overall very simple - we know he has talent, he''s only been here a short while, and I''m simply just disappointed that we could well be letting a real talent go when these are the sort of players we should be looking to loan out rather than lose on a permanent surely?, I think most of us hope to see ''another'' future Huckerby, McVeigh, Eadie etc at Carrow Rd and so as I say, I''d be interested to know why we don''t appear to be loaning him rather than selling him, surely if Jacob gets a long term injury then we want Canos and Josh fighting it out for 1st team and at least bench respectively. It just seems a bit strange really, on top of what we know I do feel there''s something more to it I must admit - if so, whether that''s Sergi''s or Alex''s fault I have no idea!.

Its only demoralising for him if he thinks he is better than he is.If they''re good enough, they''re old enough......And we haven''t sold him yet.What if a Premiership club comes in for Josh, with 10 or 12 million?

I''d say Jacob Murphy was our weakest link against Wolves - and several matches before that he''s looked rather jaded. Our moves often break down when the ball arrives in his area of the pitch; largely due to poor first touch, fear of getting clogged or turning into trouble & getting dispossessed.

About time Jacob was rested & someone else had a chance! Surely if Canos was showing desire & potential in training he''d already have had his first start by now?

Haha, it can''t be Josh because he''s already off to Wolves 😉

I dunno, without saying Sergi''s a world beater or anything, I would say he probably has done enough at Brentford last season to feel a little disappointed now finding himself playing just U23''s football, not saying that''s right but probably just a natural feeling for some people.

[quote user="Alex "]Haha, it can''t be Josh because he''s already off to Wolves 😉

I dunno, without saying Sergi''s a world beater or anything, I would say he probably has done enough at Brentford last season to feel a little disappointed now finding himself playing just U23''s football, not saying that''s right but probably just a natural feeling for some people.[/quote]The transition from being a "promising youth" to a "play every week professional footballer" is a very difficult one, and one that hundreds of young players, every season, struggle to make.I dare say we could list a lot of our own players, in the past, who we were convinced were going to be top players, only to end up in league 2.

It also depends on what he was told when he joined- if he was promised that he''d be heavily involved in the first team and has only been given one start he''s every right to be frustrated, especially as he apparently turned down other clubs to join us.

[quote user="king canary"]It also depends on what he was told when he joined- if he was promised that he''d be heavily involved in the first team and has only been given one start he''s every right to be frustrated, especially as he apparently turned down other clubs to join us.[/quote]So, exactly the same as every single other professional footballer, he has to work hard, and impress the manager in training. Make it impossible not to pick him.

That could of course happen M, but to be fair, I don''t think we see 100''s of youth players do what Canos did on loan at Brentford last year, I think I''m right in saying that he was their player of the season!. I know a few Bee''s season ticket holders and everything they''ve said indicates that he is already a special player, and will surely only improve. Got to have something about him if Juergen Klopp wanted to keep him, and that bloke most certainly knows his onions. That said, you may well be right and that potentially he might not amount to anything, it wouldn''t be the first time a player promises so much and then disappears into obscurity. If I was a betting man, I think we''ll find, if he goes, that he''ll be a success at Brentford etc, but time will tell as it always does!.