Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

Where are all these newbies coming from??

Anyone else noticed that alot of newbies have appeared on the site lately?? Its very good for the message board / increase the arrange of opinions and topics. One thing of interest, is why most of the newbies are giving their nickname / username, as their own name?, i prefer being anonymous.

Signed Mrs I Roberts

well its up to them isnt it?

it is good thou that we are getting more people on here, means more interesting descussions and more people to challenge on prediction league

17th place and counting

maybe they''re not all newbies. maybe they''re like me and have been members for yonks and are only just coming back after a harrowing premiership season when it was often to painful to talk about our team!

the premiership is in your face nearly all the time. your next fix of it is never far away. and when you''re on or near the bottom you don''t always want it. last season i just checked the score on a saturday arvo, then, assuming we''d lost, avoided the papers and the websites and MOTD nearly every week until around april!

now we''re back in the fizzy pop and we hardly get to see a thing so i come on here - next best thing!

I am a newbie, partly because only recently gone online at home!!

I prefer to remain slightly annonymous!

I''m not a new visitor, simply a new poster. Not too sure why I''ve never got actively involved but so much is happening at the moment its difficult not to have an opinion.

OTBC

And its because of all these ''new'' newbies, that these boards have declined of late.

Good manners and respect have died on here, simply because of the influx of newbies!.

Carrowroad.net

Wiz

That was a pretty stupid reply wasn''t it?   What would you prefer - some debate or a boring toe the line of the majority board?  I know what you''d prefer - hot debate - and you know it, so stop making such silly comments and use your obvious intellect to debate sensibly against the points you don''t like!

I thought you''d left?
Or was that the latest episode of Wiz - the soap opera?

I admit it, I am a newcomer to this forum and as yet have not posted, and that is because I know full well that anything i say whether it good or bad will end up being ignored or i will be made to look stupid by members who oviously know more about football than I do,

Don''t expect to see my name appearing in too many threads, I get enough negative comments from mates who like to prove they know more about tactics and football than it do, without getting them on here.

[quote]I admit it, I am a newcomer to this forum and as yet have not posted, and that is because I know full well that anything i say whether it good or bad will end up being ignored or i will be made to loo...[/quote]

Don''t let what other people think put you off.
I''d hazard a guess very few of us are as knowledgeable as we think about the beautiful game, and I very much include myself in that.

We need new opinions/perspectives, the only thing I hate to see is people singling out players (particularly youngsters) for ridicule. Its not on and not what being a Norwich City supporter is about imo.

[quote]I admit it, I am a newcomer to this forum and as yet have not posted, and that is because I know full well that anything i say whether it good or bad will end up being ignored or i will be made to loo...[/quote]

hi easton promise

welcome to the board, you will find most of us on here don''t care whether you are new or not, so post away, the more the merrier as far as i am concerned

and i know nothing about football or i wouldn''t support norwich

[quote]Wiz That was a pretty stupid reply wasn''t it? What would you prefer - some debate or a boring toe the line of the majority board? I know what you''d prefer - hot debate - and you know it, so sto...[/quote]

But you don''t get ''hot debate'' as you call it no more, Plastic Scouser.

Only mud slinging and name calling.

Thats my point.

[quote]But you don''t get ''hot debate'' as you call it no more, Plastic Scouser. Only mud slinging and name calling. Thats my point.[/quote]

So what was your post if not mud slinging Wiz?

Come on Wiz, you know that''s not true - OK so there are a couple of posters on this board with distinctly differing points of view to such as ourselves but on the whole, anything that is said in temper is quickly apologised for and this board for all it''s perceived faults is still an excellent forum.   We all say things we regret every now and then, and sometimes we all take things in a way that was not intended - none of us are without fault....

I am a pretty new poster but, like others, had visited these boards quite a bit without contributing. I found them interesting and informative - more so than other sites - but found them a little bit cliquey (for example when discussions focus on particular posters) and quite aggressive at times.

So, it was with some trepidation that I started posting and I have found that this has made my visits to the boards more enjoyable. I have always been treated with respect and think that generally people seem to be treated in the way they behave themselves.

Like others, I prefer a degree of anonymity but nearly ended up posting under my name because I could not get the hang of selecting a nickname!!! Perhaps others have had the same problem!

I don''t know if you are right 1st Wiz about us newbies having ''lowered the tone'' of the board (my words not yours) but it seems to me that we do not have any monopoly on rudeness and aggression! What I am reasonably certain of is that if I had not started posting by now your comments would have definitely put me off from doing so.

I''m a newbie & clearly not anonymous. I think when I did my first post I didn''t know the system so ended up giving my name (as did an early poster) although my girlfriend does call me Robert (amongst other things) so perhaps I''m slightly anonymous. Anyway, the point is, I''d like to change my name to something a bit wittier, and also like to have one of those little piccies and perhaps even one of those jolly slogans, but can''t find anything on the website to tell me how to do any of those things. Is there a kind person out there who is willing to spend the time to enlighten me? In return I promise to applaud enthusiatically everything you write for the next month . . . well ''hour'' anyway

The Board can get a bit cliquey at times, but I think I see where Wiz is coming from. I have noticed an aggressive tone slipping in recently and some posters (not necessarily new ones) just condemning others'' views with the typical "I''m a better supporter than you because I"...(delete as appropriate) (a) don''t boo (b) never criticise anybody at the club (c) live 600 miles away and go to every game (d) live 600 yards away and go to every game, reserve match, AGM and supermarket opening (e) have supported City since I was three minutes old (f) once knew Dean Coney''s next door neighbour etc....

Unfortunately that''s just life. Some people will engage in proper debate with respect for your views even though they may disagree but enjoy the healthy banter. Others don''t and won''t understand why everybody doesn''t agree with them and will just abuse those who hold opposite or different views.

I think we all know who we mean when we talk about those abusive posters. They are not welcome in that guise but that shouldn''t deter anyone from posting a message as however wacky it is the chances are that someone will agree.

[quote]Change your username here: http://new.pinkun.com/forums/contact.aspx[/quote]

Thanks Vince but everytime I click on the link you provided it responds ''Sorry, your session has timed out!'' Any other ideas?

Try logging in again and then try it. You should have had to log in again to post your latest message.

You can access the via the Control Panel link near the top of the page - which displays if you are logged in. Click Contact on that.

If it doesn''t work, let me know who you wish to become and I will rename you.