Sign in to follow this  
Alfie54

Klose

I saw it mentioned on another thread but at the end of the match Klose very slowly walked around the pitch clapping the crowd, bit like end of season pace. It seemed odd and looked like a goodbye to me. Only time will tell of course and I will be sorry if he goes.

Right before the final whistle he was hobbling around after taking a knock. When the FT whistle went he was on his back stretching for a good 2/3 minutes and then made his way slowly around the pitch. I assumed he was trying to stretch whatever knock he had.

I suggest no need to read in between the lines.

Hope not, seems happy here (or just generally a happy sort of bloke). Couple that with AN''s comments about us being in a stronger bargaining position having sold Olsson, would mean it''d have to be a big offer for us to sell him.

Klose''s problem is simply that he''s never played in a league this scrappy and physical before.

This is probably going to seem mad to people but when Newcastle come to visit, for example, I''d rather they played Gayle upfront than Murphy or Mitrovic. We seem good at stopping the smaller, more technical players but tend to get dominated by strong forwards who are great in the air.

One to file under technically too good for this league but not ideally suited to it. Well at the moment anyway, maybe he''ll improve the more he plays

Spot on Huh, I noticed the same. He looked shot to pieces, I think he struggles with the pace and aggression of the championship, however he is still my 1st choice CB.

I noticed the very same thing and have said to several people that it looked very much like a goodbye. If he was shattered why not make his way down the tunnel as did the rest of the players after the usual polite applause to the crowd as they left the field ? He walked all along the Barclay and South Stand applauding and giving the thumbs up. A strange thing to do as the crowd had hardly played their part on Saturday in making a good atmosphere. Yes Pinto hung around for a bit as well but it appeared he had identified someone in the crowd to give his shirt to so it looked like a pre arranged gesture.

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Klose''s problem is simply that he''s never played in a league this scrappy and physical before.

This is probably going to seem mad to people but when Newcastle come to visit, for example, I''d rather they played Gayle upfront than Murphy or Mitrovic. We seem good at stopping the smaller, more technical players but tend to get dominated by strong forwards who are great in the air.

One to file under technically too good for this league but not ideally suited to it. Well at the moment anyway, maybe he''ll improve the more he plays[/quote]That''s because it is mad! That being the very same Dwight Gayle who I watched with my very own eyes score a hat-trick against us at St James Park.  We just could not handle him nor the long balls played by Newcastle behind our defence and into the channels for their forward players to run on to (the passes often coming from Shelvey)!  We did not have a clue how to defend against this very simple tactic from Newcastle.  It was bordering on almost POOR schoolboy defending, we got done time and time again and it actually became worse when we switched to a supposedly more defensive set-up.  And of course there was no direction forthcoming from our bench that was able to stem it!

Just a point of order but Klose who is the subject of the thread title did not play at Newcastle.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Alfie54"]I clearly remember Bassong watching the ball going over his head[/quote]

Indeed. Indelibly printed on the mind. Klose wasn''t even a sub that day.

[/quote]It''s unfair to just single out Bassong, the ball went over many heads, several times that night!