Sign in to follow this  
morty

Wolves keeper has his say on twitter.

Incredible the Wolves keeper took to Twitter to dig the deep hole he was already in even deeper...

Thought Paul Lambert would''ve pre-empted that. Hope the player gets an extended ban now.

I always look at a penalty award and look at it had that been given against us, to be honest both penalties were right to be given, Pinto had his hand on the player that''s all it takes to "fall over" and Wes nicked the ball away and "fell over the keepers outstretched leg" no arguing in the current laws of the game both penalties.

His reaction was cretinous, stupid and he let his side down, rather than being an arse he should be apologising to his players and manager!

Total knob.

I believe they were both pretty soft Morty, but won''t argue either being given, but yep when a player hits the box they are looking for that touch, hell some players preemptively start to fall knowing a touch will come, a certain former little Liverpool striker or Leicester striker must train in the art during the week!

Both were soft indeed but at least the ref was consistent in giving both. By the letter of the law they were correct to be awarded.

The red was definitely for the reaction and push on Wes. Most a keeper would get in that situation, given the ball was going away from goal, would have been a yellow for the original foul.

Amazing, no chance of getting that overturned. Mad to even appeal!

I didn''t think they had the power to retrospectively downgrade cards. To overturn a red you have to either show it was a case of mistaken identity or that the referee had seen something that wasn''t there, like when Harte for Reading grabbed his leg and rolled on the floor when Holt jumped in but landed about two feet away from him.

In that instance, had Holt even made the slightest of contacts, even if it was so mere that it would not have caused any damage, the red card would still have been upheld.

Likewise with this, Ikeme did push Hoolahan, an offence has been committed, it''s therefore left to the referee to decide the severity of punishment and it doesn''t matter what the appeals panel conclude, I don''t think it is in their remit to overturn it.

They really need to bring back that rule where frivolous appeals result in an extended ban. Derby and Wolves have now instigated utterly pathetic appeals and why not? With nothing to lose they may as well waste everyone''s time.

Yes, they cannot downgrade, and thanks for the confirmation re the grounds under which they can appeal. Perhaps they''ve received the ref''s report and it says he pushed him in the face and they''re saying it was to the chest. I hope the frivolous rule still applies.

[quote user="Ginja"]Sorry for potato quality but anyway here''s Ikeme putting the ball in his own net for your general amusement.
[/quote]

Love this for two reasons - Ikeme looking like a tw@t and the taker of the free-kick.

I can never get bored of the memory of singing "It could''ve been you..." at Sammy Clingan.

If his ban was reduced in length why wasn''t Brady''s?

[quote user="Northluck C."]If his ban was reduced in length why wasn''t Brady''s?[/quote]Their argument was that a push to the chest, according to FA rules, is only worth a yellow card.Having said that, I think the referee would have completely lost control of the game if it wasn''t a straight red.