Sign in to follow this  
morty

Jonny Howson - 5 years a Canary.

Pleased this has been put up on here, was great to watch. Jonny has been overall the perfect player at City for some years as far as I''m concerned, very underrated and a fantastic all round midfielder who pops up with both spectacular and important goals for us, not to mention he''s a really nice bloke to boot. I hope he stays a Canary for a very long time 👍

Great player and absolutely vital to our success. Shame he''s only played just over 150 matches for us, if not for injuries he''d always be the first name on the team sheet for me and would''ve surely racked up 200 plus.

Saw this first thing - you forget just how many good goals he has scored for us.

Thinking about it, surely he is our best player by some distance. He adds a balance to the team that lets the flair players do their thing (Murphy, Brady, Wes, Oliviera) and we are noticeably worse without him in there - in modern day figures, surely it''s 15mil+ if anybody wanted to try and sign him?

Yeah, the only thing i''d say about Howson is he does go missing in some games. Thankfully for us, he''s not been consistently good in the Premier League for long enough, certainly not as a standout, to attract too much interest.

He''s probably our most complete player in terms of his all round attributes and we''re lucky to still have him.

Some brilliant goals, some excellent passes, and one of our quickest players. This goes some way, but only a little way, to explain his contribution to our team.

We miss him very much when he is out injured.

Long may he inspire the rest of out team!

Had a really good game on Saturday and was clear MOTM. Was also great to see him use his ''wrong'' left foot to such great effect. Smashed a 25 yarder against the bar to set up our first and then a perfectly struck first time volley from outside the box to score our third. Great to see.

Our best player. I would hope the reason you never hear any speculation about him moving is because he''s well settled and doesn''t want to move. If not slap a 20 million price tag on him. Has to be worth more than Brady!

We''re always significantly weaker without him in the side no matter what combination of players and tactics we try without him. I get nervous as hell every time he gets involved in a challenge or limps a little bit because he''s so vital for us

Classy player, especially going forwards but seeing the quality of the goals he scores, makes you wonder why there haven''t been a few more of them.  Great servant to the club though and although he has the odd quiet game, far rather have him in the team than not.

In one weeks time, on the 31st January, it will be Ryan Bennet''s 5 year anniversary.I wonder if the club will do a video for him?

Great player, and one of me faves.

He''s a true box to box player, with a great engine.

It''s a shame that modern day tactics seem to stifle the effectiveness a of this type of player.

In the 4-2-3-1, he''s either DM, ACM or AMR.

DM - restricts him going forward due to the defensive responsibilities.

ACM - isn''t able to play to his strengths with late runs into the box, Gerrard style. He''s too far forward, and can''t utilise his tackling skills.

AMR - not pacey enough.

He''s a true combatitive CM who can tackle and pass well, suited to the traditional 4-4-2. An old school tactic nowadays.

Still, he should be first name on the team sheet.

He''s been a model professional and a great player for the club. Harks back to the days when players stayed with clubs, a genuine unsung hero.A credit to the game, the club and himself.

I''d completely forgotten about that goal against WBA with the Becchio one-two assist. Such a great finish!

[quote user="tired"]I''d completely forgotten about that goal against WBA with the Becchio one-two assist. Such a great finish![/quote]I had totally forgotten Becchio even made first team appearances!

If Leeds got promoted and he wanted to go back for a crack at the Prem with them I would wish him well.

At the same time as feeling totally sick.