Sign in to follow this  
mighty yellow

Kevin Lisbie - Should we keep him?

I think not. In all the games I have seen him in he has looked poor and wasteful. I have been very unimpressed with a supposedly "premiership" player.

Against Hull, he had a terrible first touch, didn''t get himself into useful positions and seemed unable to give the ball to Huckerby, who seemed extremely frustrated as a result.

I cannot see the point in playing a player who isn''t performing and that we have no chance of keeping on a permanent basis. Curbishley has made it clear he wants him back (Lord knows why) and I would much rather see our young promising players (Hendo, Jarvis) given a game. Especially if we''re paying him any wages!!!

id rather have thorne any day.

if thorne is fit then bring him in

we need a player like thorne for mcveigh to play off

Agree Mighty !   Lisbie  isn`t a team player ,  maybe he can`t grasp  the concept ?  and he  is no more than a stop gap .... Henderson  has shown his potential  , let him flower  in the first team ,  sometimes you have to throw `em in the deep end 

[quote]theres probably better players out there[/quote]

How about Marcus Tudgay of Derby,

Apparently he is fishing for a loan move, face doesn''t fit with the new manager it seems.

Last season under George Burley he was scoring goals for fun.

I''m afraid you only had to look at his games/goals record to see we should not have even bothered getting him.

Mark .Y.

I think so.  Personally I''m not too sure how many goals Thorne is going to get us.  I like the look of Lisbie and I think if he could just get one, the goals could start flowing.  He has all the right attributes

He can''t dribble, pass, shoot, head and has not instict for goal. Generally can''t play football.

Other than that... he is AMAZING!

When we got him a Charlton fan at work said "you''re welcome to him, couldn''t hit a cows a**e with a banjo"

Sadly that seems to be true what I''ve seen of him so far - he''s quick but not much elase I''m afraid.

I don''t think we have seen the best of Lisbie during this loan spell, and, I don''t think you get offered a professional football contract by a Premier League club unless you can play football.

Lisbie may not have an impressive goal scoring record, but in fairness, Charlton have played him in a variety of positions.  The goals he has scored against some of the best teams in the country have got to be just as valuable as the goals Thorne has scored in The Championship/Coca Cola League.

I seem to be in a minority of one, but, I don''t believe either having Lisbie in the starting 11 or on the bench for most of this season will do our promotion chances any harm

Gabrielle Marcotti, my favourite pundit who''s knowledge on the world game is in my opinion superior to any other is a big friend of Paulo Di Canio.  When Di Canio was at Charlton he told Marcotti that there was a player who,if he ever got his head right, would be A) By far the best player at Charlton and B)Sought after by top European teams, this player was Kevin Lisbie. 

Apparently Lisbie has always had problems with his attitude and timekeeping but in my opinion he has the pace and skill to do serious damage at this level.  We all know how serious his rather bizarre injury was last season and has anyone on this site tried to start a season at a decent level without a preseason behind them and performed well?

The guy''s got the pace and technique (how about that turn at Brighton?)  Please give him a chance, I''m a big Norwich fan but it frustrates the hell out of me when other so-called "fans" base their opinions on the odd game and don''t watch much football outside of Carrow Road.

[quote]I think so. Personally I''m not too sure how many goals Thorne is going to get us. I like the look of Lisbie and I think if he could just get one, the goals could start flowing. He has all the right...[/quote]

DD, Lisbie did get the one goal you wanted! Did he start scoring after it? No. That goal was like the others in his career - rareties. 

the 1 goal he has got was virtually a tap in with a stranded keeper who wasnt going to save it..

He''s too much of an Akinbiyi or a Zema Abbey.. will try his heart out all day but is never going to do what we all want him to do... score goals.

Send him back and use the wages to get a defender to replace shacks!

jas

[quote]the 1 goal he has got was virtually a tap in with a stranded keeper who wasnt going to save it.. He''s too much of an Akinbiyi or a Zema Abbey.. will try his heart out all day but is never going to do...[/quote]

And now I''m trying to get one of those quote bits with the blue background, but will probably get it wrong. It''s the bit about Akinbiyi and ''scoring goals'' that I noted. Couldn''t really agree with you on that one Jas, I thought that''s what he''d done throughout his career, i.e. score goals. Wouldn''t really compare him with Zema; when I last looked Akinbiyi was leading scorer in the Championship and I''m guessing that the ''Abbey'' that scored for Forest Green was Zema. Anyway, I liked Lisbie but he''s gone so it doesn''t matter. Come to that, I liked Akinbiyi also; watching him & Jamie Cureton & Darren Eadie score goal after goal for the youths at Trowse was magic. I often wonder what would have happened if they had been our strike force in the old Division 1. But then, for whatever reason, Akinbiyi was not much liked by the fans (despite being a home grown prolific goalscorer) so perhaps it would never have worked. I''m rambling . . .