Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Ross McCormack Missing

Wasn''t in the Villa squad today apparently he''s not fit and has been disciplined by the club for his attitude and for continually missing training.
Rather large bullet dodge there you''d have to say.

"

Ross McCormack has been axed by Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce who has deemed the striker unfit to play.

Bruce

confirmed post match that the Scottish forward has been continually

missing training and the 30-year-old, who joined from Fulham in the

summer for £12million.

McCormack has been disciplined and told he will not feature until his attitude improves.

Eyebrows were raised when the striker was left out of the squad and Bruce let rip after today''s 2-2 draw with Preston.

He

said: "McCormack is, in my opinion, not fit enough to play. He won''t

play unless his attitude towards training and missing training improves.

If he continually keeps missing training then that''s going to be the

situation."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-ross-mccormack-feels-12488480

Staggering how a club can play £12 million for a player, and then loan him back to his old club 5 months later.

He said he couldn''t make training because the gate on his house was stuck

Dodged a bullet here

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]How could anybody miss something that large?.....[/quote]

I think he might be stood behind Morty.[/quote]Awww, you''re not replying to my posts, but are still seeking my attention?[:)]

It always astounds me when you hear these sort of stories, how can you not want to be at peek fitness even if your form dips you surely have an obligation to be physically fit.

I wonder if he''s always been like that or there''s was something really bad at Villa, sounds like he won''t be there long.

As has been said elsewhere we were really lucky on this one

[quote user="lake district canary"]Never wanted him and very pleased we didn''t.  Over hyped and over priced.  Well done Villa for buying him!

[/quote]Interesting.Because you said this in an earlier thread about him..."Bamford will score goals at this level no problem, you just have to look

at his record.  We need a striker who can guarantee goals and both

Bamford and McCormack are two of the players most likely to do that. 

Their records prove it and neither would be a gamble."

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]Never wanted him and very pleased we didn''t.  Over hyped and over priced.  Well done Villa for buying him!

[/quote]Interesting.Because you said this in an earlier thread about him..."Bamford will score goals at this level no problem, you just have to look

Their records prove it and neither would be a gamble."[/quote]
I''m not complaining but how long did it take you to dig out this little gem? [;)]

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]Never wanted him and very pleased we didn''t.  Over hyped and over priced.  Well done Villa for buying him!

Their records prove it and neither would be a gamble."[/quote]
I''m not complaining but how long did it take you to dig out this little gem? [;)]
[/quote]Literally about 30 seconds....

Literally lol. Desperation much? Amazing how out of context quotes get to be misleading. I said that at a time when names were being touted and before any price war started. Later in the same long thread -  "This is getting a bit like the saga that we had before signing

Snodgrass.  The longer it went on and the more I heard about him from

Leeds fans, the less I wanted that deal and I think that despite his

"success" with us he was more divisive a figure for the team than

helpful to it. Just my opinion of course, but the bigger build up a

player has, the less he is likely to be able to live up to his

reputation.  A nice quiet transfer is vastly preferable to this

prolonged nonsense that is going on with McCormack (who incidentally has

also been described as slow and selfish) either in reality or on social

media.  I hope this coverage/speculation is a smokescreen for us

getting someone else in under the radar. Paying in excess of £10m for

McCormack is just not on, imo."Funny old world, isn''t it?

I''m not sure we ''dodged a bullet'' there, given there was nothing credible in any suggestion that we were ever interested.I would also be curious to see how you can dodge a bullet... they do tend move quite fast

unlike McCormack

''Nothing credible to suggest we were ever interested.''

Errrrm, Alex Neil literally said we were. Then the player confirmed we''d had a bit accepted after he moved to villa.

But yeah, nothing credible...

[quote user="king canary"]''Nothing credible to suggest we were ever interested.''

Errrrm, Alex Neil literally said we were. Then the player confirmed we''d had a bit accepted after he moved to villa.

But yeah, nothing credible...[/quote]I was talking about this transfer window, but point taken

I own upI wasn''t really talking about this transfer windowis that ok ?

We can be happy we missed out on him but you never know, he could have hit the ground running etc and scored 30 goals this season at Norwich.

Unlikely but AN seemed pretty determined on getting him until the price went silly.

Players who score goals command big fees. Some say if you''re a goalscorer you can score at any level. This was true of Grant Holt and Rickie Lambert. But they got themselves fit enough to do so. This guy doesn''t seem to have that attitude. If someone could unlock it he''d probably be a great asset for the money. Maybe that''s what Bruce is trying to do?

king canary wrote the following post at 22/01/2017 9:40 PM:

"Of course.

Nothing wrong with admitting a mistake. "

Especially when the mistake is so freely acknowledged.

[quote user="VanWink"]king canary wrote the following post at 22/01/2017 9:40 PM:

"Of course.

Nothing wrong with admitting a mistake. "

Especially when the mistake is so freely acknowledged.[/quote]I doubt the irony of that is missed by many