Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Great to be home

My first game in years today, and a great day out with the missus as it was her first game and experienced a bit of everything (hitting the woodwork twice, 4 goals, 2 pens and a sending off). She had a great time, and I may have her hooked. Very happy with the win, so not a bad word to say really, but I felt we did it all without really having to get out of first gear. By far the better team, although there were a few scares. The only surprise was just how flat the atmosphere was inside the ground for large parts of the game. When I used to be a ST holder I don''t remember it being so unbelievably quiet. We were right next to the away end and they were LOUD.

A great day out though and I even got a sticky whatsit for the back window of the car when I''m back home next week to confuse all the seahawk and sounders fans where we live. Playoffs are back on! OTBC

No their not, Seahawks got knocked out last weekend! Playoffs are done, think it''s a Greenbay Patriots final for me!

Glad you had a good day out, who knows we might just make the play off still, slim chance, but one game at a time.

Safe trip home.

I''m not a Seahawks fan. Don''t like the NFL, have no interest in it. I definitely meant play offs for us! Haha if she is I haven''t seen the extra cash! But no, I think she really enjoyed a real game, none of the mls dross we have in the states.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]I''m not a Seahawks fan. Don''t like the NFL, have no interest in it. I definitely meant play offs for us! Haha if she is I haven''t seen the extra cash! But no, I think she really enjoyed a real game, none of the mls dross we have in the states.[/quote]Just the one game, or are you staying for next weeks too?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]I''m not a Seahawks fan. Don''t like the NFL, have no interest in it. I definitely meant play offs for us! Haha if she is I haven''t seen the extra cash! But no, I think she really enjoyed a real game, none of the mls dross we have in the states.[/quote]Just the one game, or are you staying for next weeks too?[/quote]

Really wanted to stay longer but have to leave Friday as that''s our two weeks back seeing family up, and the wife has a business trip and flies to LA Saturday the day after we land back in Seattle. Going to make sure we get over once a year at least and see a few games from now on. I miss it like nothing else, including sausage rolls and blackcurrant! Back to 7am get ups listening to radio Norfolk 😞

Glad to see you enjoyed the game Seattle. About the atmosphere, I was at two home games earlier in the season, the atmosphere was pretty good in both.  I think the home fans don''t quite know what to think of things atm.  AN staying and winning home matches well seems to have taken the sting out of those who were so vociferous in wanting him gone.   I could mention the word "sulking", but that would be a bit harsh. If we get back up in the play offs I guess he will be forgiven and the atmosphere will improve!

My brother lives in Spain & was back home with us this weekend. Great to have him alongside us for the Wolves game - he said the same; the home crowd was so quiet. Although he understands why, we both agreed you could sense the majority of fans were anticipating something less-than-good was about to happen...

I decided to write a little poem in your honour... (note that honour is spelt with a "U").

Welcome home SeattleCanary,

back from the land where the president is scary,

you enjoyed a game at fortress Carrow,

being from America, were the seats too narrow?

Being from seattle

It must have been a battle

To get his large posterier

Into that confined area

Next time he''s got a plan

Cos he''s a modern man

He''ll cut down on the snickers

And wear his Bridget Jones knickers .

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Packers / Patriots is about as mouth watering as it could get...[/quote]

Green Bay gone, New England v Atlanta in final, should be a good''un

Haha thanks everyone. I guess it''s a trek, but getting to see the parents, grand parents, aunts, uncles and cousins etc makes it a well worth trip. Hadn''t been back home to Caister in 11 years! Mad how many local businesses have disappeared especially in Great Yarmouth, I was genuinely shocked how dead it was.