Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Jem Karacan

We could do with a short term fill in with Dorrans out, Tettey on the verge of suspension and Mulumbu at ACN.

I''m just not convinced Karacan would be the answer for this- he''s barely played in last few years and it would take him some time to get back up to speed. I''d prefer us going for a loanee that can hit the ground running.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]😂😂😂 the fish are biting.[/quote]You saying something stupid, and me correcting you, isn''t biting.And trying to pass off you being negative about Norwich City as some kind of wind up, is hilarious, just not in the way you intended.[:)]

Would be an astute if slightly boring signing. Despite only being passable backup to Howson he''s still a decent player at this level.

I don''t need to extol the virtues of Howson any more, we all know what a good player he is but he does miss games and we haven''t got anyone on the books who can perform a similar role. From the admittedly little I''ve seen of Karachan he could fill that role. We might even see them together against weaker opposition at home.

Can''t complain on a free either

Karacan was a good player at Reading, including 21 appearances in the PL in 2012-13, as well as being their captain at one point. With money tight, he seems a possible back-up for Howson with Dorrans out and another option when Dorrans is back, providing the trial works out.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]A freebie sick-note, he''s a shoe in. He meets the Board''s exacting standards joining the list of great signings such as Mike Sheron, Peter Thorne, Louis Jean, Vaughan, Odidje-Ofoe and Jarvis. Come on down. With his fitness record he should be available for selection come June although I wouldn''t wish to predict which year.[/quote]Oh dear. Chronology can be a bit of an awkward sod.

At 27 he''s a solid, experienced player but not a world beater. I''m prett sure as others have said he can put in a shift on the right wing too. Would surely only be back-up to cover injuries and such but not the worst option. Feel so sorry for Thompson getting injured, this would have been a great time to stamp authority on the squad with Dorrans out and Mulumbu unavailable.

[quote user="king canary"]Maybe I missed something but why are we talking about Dutch players? Karacan isn''t Dutch.[/quote]Wasn''t he born to Turkish parents, in England?

[quote user="king canary"]Maybe I missed something but why are we talking about Dutch players? Karacan isn''t Dutch.[/quote]Crafty''s post about bad signings.  For some reason it brought this player to mind.

[quote user="king canary"]Norfolkbroadslim

Are you takling about Maceo Richters? The lad we loaned from Blackburn?[/quote]That''s him!!!   I think we''d tried to sign him permanently before he came on loan.  He came highly rated after a youth tournament for Holland where he scored a few goals.  I don''t recall much about him after he left us, I don''t think his career amounted to much after his early promise.

Yeah he had some real promise, had a great under 21''s European Championship or something but just kept getting injured.

According to Wikipedia he is playing amateur football somewhere in Holland.

He''s still only 32!I think this is him playing for his amateur team - [img]https://rtvnh-webfiles.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/data/cache/2/basedata/pf_image/1346073281-a0fd267b.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdYFbJ7ByfY

This is a recent podcast recorded in January this year, he talks about his current situation, Galatasary and his loan move from there. Furthermore he talks about the Reading side from 2012 -2014 where he mentions our side under Paul Lambert.

This gives a very interesting insight to him as a person and life as a championship footballer. He comes across a very genuine person who has been unfortunate with injury and extenuating circumstances. Based on character I would sign him up however he lacks game time and I feel he would take a while to get up to speed. I understand that it''s a long podcast but if you''re like me (a bit boring) and like listening to things in the background, then I would recommend this, especially if we sign him.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]A freebie sick-note, he''s a shoe in. He meets the Board''s exacting standards joining the list of great signings such as Mike Sheron, Peter Thorne, Louis Jean, Vaughan, Odidje-Ofoe and Jarvis. Come on down. With his fitness record he should be available for selection come June although I wouldn''t wish to predict which year.[/quote]Oh dear. Chronology can be a bit of an awkward sod.[/quote]

You missed the point Purple, Sheron was yet another example of a player who was or is unavailable for many games. Although his player registration was bought during the Chase period.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]A freebie sick-note, he''s a shoe in. He meets the Board''s exacting standards joining the list of great signings such as Mike Sheron, Peter Thorne, Louis Jean, Vaughan, Odidje-Ofoe and Jarvis. Come on down. With his fitness record he should be available for selection come June although I wouldn''t wish to predict which year.[/quote]Oh dear. Chronology can be a bit of an awkward sod.[/quote]

You missed the point Purple, Sheron was yet another example of a player who was or is unavailable for many games. Although his player registration was bought during the Chase period.[/quote]You must regard me as either very dumb or very naive if you think I am going to fall for that nonsensical "explanation". Every other player on that list arrived during the Smith and Jones era. Sheron was included because the hilariously misnamed Crafty Canary, who is pretty much permanently critical of our current owners, either just doesn''t know his club''s recent history, was too lazy to do a bit of simple research, or knew full well that player was bought while hero Chase was still in charge (as the "replacement" for the Sutton who would only be sold over Big Bob''s dead body...) but hoped no-one would notice. Either way, the idea was - again - to attack Smith and Jones. Under the circumstances I was just surprised that Gerry Howshall wasn''t  blamed on them as well.

My point was indeed about our record of signing sick notes. I couldn''t care less under which regime they were signed it is the fact that we have a habit of doing so.

Purple also doesn''t seem to know the club''s history as Howshall was not a sick note even if he was one of the worst players ever signed by the club.

Whilst you may think the sun shines out of our owners'' derrieres their recent interview just confirmed my opinion of them as majority owners and why I don''t think majority owners are a good thing for a club like ours.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]A freebie sick-note, he''s a shoe in. He meets the Board''s exacting standards joining the list of great signings such as Mike Sheron, Peter Thorne, Louis Jean, Vaughan, Odidje-Ofoe and Jarvis. Come on down. With his fitness record he should be available for selection come June although I wouldn''t wish to predict which year.[/quote]Oh dear. Chronology can be a bit of an awkward sod.[/quote]

You missed the point Purple, Sheron was yet another example of a player who was or is unavailable for many games. Although his player registration was bought during the Chase period.[/quote]Blimey! The Brothers Grimm have made a return to the ring........https://nickgraffis.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/paul-bearer-dies.jpg[:S]