Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Jem Karacan

NORWICH City can confirm midfielder Jem Karacan will feature as a trialist for the Club''s Under-23s in their Premier League Cup game against Portsmouth on Monday.

The 27-year-old (left) made over 150 league appearances for Reading between 2008 and 2015, with 21 of those coming in the Premier League during the 2012-13 campaign.

Karacan is currently a free agent after leaving Galatasaray at the beginning of January.

[quote user="Move Klose"]NORWICH City can confirm midfielder Jem Karacan will feature as a trialist for the Club''s Under-23s in their Premier League Cup game against Portsmouth on Monday.

The 27-year-old (left) made over 150 league appearances for Reading between 2008 and 2015, with 21 of those coming in the Premier League during the 2012-13 campaign.

Karacan is currently a free agent after leaving Galatasaray at the beginning of January.[/quote]Please sir, may I have some more?

Wasn''t he involved in an altercation with us in a game v Reading? He got one of our players sent off, then got sent off in the return game at Carrow Road? Or am I thinking of someone else?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Decent player from memory. Think he suffered a bad injury at reading where he missed a year or so?

Good age too.[/quote]Indeed.Ex Reading player.

[quote user="Woodman"]Wasn''t he involved in an altercation with us in a game v Reading? He got one of our players sent off, then got sent off in the return game at Carrow Road? Or am I thinking of someone else?[/quote]He hacked Korey Smith in the 3-3 away game at the Madjeski, but got away without a card.  It was Ian Harte who got Holty sent off in that game.  In the return game Karacan got his red card for hacking Fox and Holty scored the winner after leaving Harte trailing behind him.  Justice that even a Hollywood scripwriter would struggle to come up with."But it was even more appropriate that the defender trailing in his wake

was Ian Harte, whose over-reaction to a fairly innocuous tackle had

contributed to Holt’s red card at the Madejski Stadium three months

earlier."

[url]http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/harte_broken_as_justice_is_done_for_norwich_city_1_800839[/url]

Probably a short term option with Dorrans out for another month, Thompson still a little bit away from fitness, Mulumbu at African nations and Tettey only 1 booking away from a 2 game ban.

Dont see why anyone can moan about this. Was alwayd a non stop runner in the midfield, got stuck in and has a lot of championship experience. Years ago i wanted us to sign him. For a free we could do a lot worse

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]Dont see why anyone can moan about this. Was alwayd a non stop runner in the midfield, got stuck in and has a lot of championship experience. Years ago i wanted us to sign him. For a free we could do a lot worse[/quote]

exactlyif he is not up to it then what have we lost ?

''''Plus Kara (Road) Can(ary)... it''s fate.. and you all know it'''' ...IWOKHowie

So, Roadary, sorry mate dont get it.

Wink

From a brief bit of Googleing it seems he''s not played since June 2016. Doesn''t seem much use in the short term as he''ll take a while to get back up to fitness.

So is he a cheap replacement option for Brady? Or the departing Canos? I''m all for no cost players as said if he''s any god great if not on your bike son!

I think people saying to sign him what will it cost us are being a bit naive. It''ll cost us 20k a week wages that could go towards someone more useful. I''m glad we''re getting a player like this in on trial to do due diligence over though.

A freebie sick-note, he''s a shoe in. He meets the Board''s exacting standards joining the list of great signings such as Mike Sheron, Peter Thorne, Louis Jean, Vaughan, Odidje-Ofoe and Jarvis. Come on down. With his fitness record he should be available for selection come June although I wouldn''t wish to predict which year.

He tore his ACL. Both Michael Owen and Alan Shearer did and carried their careers on just fine, post recovery.