Sign in to follow this  
morty

Josh Murphy

I think this is great news.

1) I rate Josh. He''s very direct so does lose the ball but at the moment as a sub direct is exactly what you want

2) Our youth system and category 1 status is paying off.

3) Makes me more optimistic about Alex Neil. To be fair, all the young players seem to consistently put a shift in from him so he clearly has their respect.

[quote user="hogesar"]I think this is great news.

1) I rate Josh. He''s very direct so does lose the ball but at the moment as a sub direct is exactly what you want

2) Our youth system and category 1 status is paying off.

3) Makes me more optimistic about Alex Neil. To be fair, all the young players seem to consistently put a shift in from him so he clearly has their respect.[/quote]Heads off a few conspiracy theorists too, after Wolves made a loan inquiry.

''''Did you just fancy an argument, was that it?

Would you rather than admit that I made a mistake, that, as someone else suggested, I argue the point over several pages?''''

It''s your life Morty, do what you will. Fluffy Bunnies

Delighted ref Josh, OTBC.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]''''Did you just fancy an argument, was that it?

Would you rather than admit that I made a mistake, that, as someone else suggested, I argue the point over several pages?''''

It''s your life Morty, do what you will. Fluffy Bunnies

Delighted ref Josh, OTBC.[/quote]What drove you to make an issue of it?

Good News

i can see him playing in a front 3 with his brother and Oliveria

The club have to ship out the high earners to balance books and having the murphys and other youngsters is a great for the club

the future is brighter than the present

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Good News

The club have to ship out the high earners to balance books and having the murphys and other youngsters is a great for the club

the future is brighter than the present[/quote]

Question is, is AN the right man to nurture that talent into the first team?

We really do have an abundance of young talent. Very similar to that of Southampton, who seem to integrate them into the first team flawlessly.

We can''t waste this opportunity. It may be a while before we have this luxury again.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Good News

the future is brighter than the present[/quote]AN tried playing both of the Murphs at Barnsley and it didn''t go well. Could work, but didn''t that day. With Oliveira it may be better as seems to link well with those around him playing from deep.  It will be a brave decision to start them both again after that Barnsley match, but should happen again sooner or later.  The youngsters as a group will undoubtedly feature more and more as time goes on. Something to look forwards to.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Could Oliveira be our Cantona?

Like i said Mort, no issue, no point, no agenda. Kapiche?[/quote]Why bring it up then mate?Are you one of those that bemoan the nonsense and petty point scoring, only to end up doing it yourself?But lets get back on topic, because despite you trying to make an issue, I''ll get the blame anyway.[:)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="norfolkngood"]Good News

the future is brighter than the present[/quote]AN tried playing both of the Murphs at Barnsley and it didn''t go well. Could work, but didn''t that day. With Oliveira it may be better as seems to link well with those around him playing from deep.  It will be a brave decision to start them both again after that Barnsley match, but should happen again sooner or later.  The youngsters as a group will undoubtedly feature more and more as time goes on. Something to look forwards to.

[/quote]Great news for a number of reasons. Both see a future in the other (club/player) and the youth system is producing the goods.The club is also investing in ''promising'' youngsters'' from the lower leagues ... Thompson, McGrandles, Godfrey, Maddison, Adams.It should shove two fingers up to those who bleated about signing Thompson, who griped at why Maddison went out on loan (as with Toffolo)..Maybe the club does know what it is doing

Be interesting to see if we play J & J at the same time if we don''t go up. We''re in a bit of a precarious situation currently where we desperately need points so there''s little room for experimentation.

Two promising youngsters, pacey, direct but probably lack that killer football brain and their decision making is erratic, they''re young though so this can improve. Not brilliant defensively and I don''t think it would be wise to play both of them together at this juncture.

Not sure what a killer football brain means but they have both made and scored some terrific goals.

I mean the sort of footballing intelligence that the very best wingers have. Sometimes you have to be smarter than run with the ball as fast as you can.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I mean the sort of footballing intelligence that the very best wingers have. Sometimes you have to be smarter than run with the ball as fast as you can.[/quote]Like a Huckerby brain.

It''s suddenly hit me that ''terrific'' is a word I need to use more. And they have scored some crackers you''re quite right. Yknow I''m half tempted to want to stay in the Champ another season to develop the Murphs. Can you imagine how good they''ll be in a few seasons time?! Great lads, articulate and intelligent in interviews too, well happy with contracts signed

Indeed, I''m not having a go at the Murphy in any way as they have time to learn. The most intelligent and effective wingers don''t even need much pace, David Beckham anyone?

I''m not saying they''ll reach Becks level but I hope they develop the mental side of their game as they age and of course you do this by playing more and more football. It''s experience innit.

I would actually probably categorise them as wide midfielders, rather than wingers. I think with the development of systems, out and out wingers are quite rare these days.

[quote user="Morgan"]It''s suddenly hit me that ''terrific'' is a word I need to use more. And they have scored some crackers you''re quite right. Yknow I''m half tempted to want to stay in the Champ another season to develop the Murphs. Can you imagine how good they''ll be in a few seasons time?! Great lads, articulate and intelligent in interviews too, well happy with contracts signed[/quote]By then, young Maddison should be up to strength having been knocked about in the Porridge Guzzling league. Chuck in Thompson, Godfrey, bring back Toffolo, Ruddy in goal, Morris. McGrandles And there''s more a year or so behind themLooking good

you are right Billy if we stay in the championship next season you would hope that most if not all the youngsters would play

we know a lot of high earners are out of contract in summer

so next season we can build a team well within the wage budget and mostly promising players

if they do well one or two might leave to bring in extra money as long as we can get that conveyor belt of youngsters like a Southampton that not a problem

I still not think AN is the man for the new look team

but to give him credit (i wanted him out in summer )he is the one signing and building the youthful team and signing these players quite cheaply so maybe thats when we will see the best of him ??

still do not trust Fat Frankie coaching these though

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 24/01/2017 10:41 PM:

Indeed, I''m not having a go at the Murphy in any way as they have time to learn. The most intelligent and effective wingers don''t even need much pace, David Beckham anyone?

Yes indeed, but a different style of play. Beckham didn''t use pace to pass a man but he got a good ball in before arriving at a defender.

Josh and Jacob obviously both have pace to burn but for me the intelegence comes from not doing the same thing every time and being unpredictable.

i would get Hucks training these two one to one at colney for 6 months that would improve them and teach them better than anything

Completely agree on McAvoy. Neil has an eye for youth development which was highlighted at his time at Hamilton.

I think he''s great at spotted young talent and nurturing them. However as first team coach, after the way things have gone this season, I''m not so sure.

I genuinely feel a rethinking of his coaching set up if Neil stays on, some one with more defensive nous and bite than Irvine. Who seems to me a wallflower.

When we had Holt as coach in this league we seemed more solid at the back but that''s just my take on it.

"i would get Hucks training these two one to one at colney for 6 months that would improve them and teach them better than anything."

Good idea, but would AN''s assumed ego allow such a legend to make an impact on things in his own little realm?

I say "assumed" because it is really only guesswork (by some posters on here**) and he might well be quite open to any help that he could get.

** Is it true that he shunned the appointment of an older head to oversee and advise on things ... the role some are currently advocating for Roy Hodgson?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"i would get Hucks training these two one to one at colney for 6 months that would improve them and teach them better than anything."

Good idea, but would AN''s assumed ego allow such a legend to make an impact on things in his own little realm?

I say "assumed" because it is really only guesswork (by some posters on here**) and he might well be quite open to any help that he could get.

** Is it true that he shunned the appointment of an older head to oversee and advise on things ... the role some are currently advocating for Roy Hodgson?[/quote]Think it through Broady, do you honestly think its true?