Sign in to follow this  
morty

Josh Murphy

Great news! I really rate him and his brother - they just need to toughen up a bit, but I''m sure that will come.

[quote user="king canary"]Please. Just. Stop.[/quote]Is that to Morty and hans solo, because it should be. They brought me into this thread, not me.  If people want me to stop me from replying, then it is up to them to refrain from mentioning me in a thread in the first place.

[quote user="king canary"]@Lincoln

Yeah I''ll have to disagree with you there- I''ve been really impressed by Jacob considering this is his first season at this level.

He is still inconsistent but young players generally are. Also wingers naturally seem to blow a bit hot and cold. However he offers pace and direct running, something nobody else in our midfield offers.[/quote]

Yes I agree, he does.

Sometimes I just feel we could utilise a bit more composure with Pritchard. Often Murphy will run and be direct, which can result in a shot or chance, but also lost possession and a counter attack.

I''m sure Jacob will add composure to his game. But while it''s missing, their are others that should be alternating more often with him.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="king canary"]Please. Just. Stop.[/quote]

The only remedy is to ignore the idiots.[/quote]Says troll boy who started out as Golden Coppel, calling us all budgies.But has somehow reinvented himself as a Norwich fan.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Look, Your Worshipfulness, let''s get one thing straight. I take orders from just one person: me.[/quote][:D]

@Lincoln

Yeah I can see that. I do worry though that an attacking midfield three of Pritchard, Naismith and Wes would lead to all three of them playing narrow and trying to occupy the same space, playing intricate passes without actually stretching play.

I also remember how much we suffered against Newcastle when we took Jacob off- having some pace further up the pitch allows us to relieve pressure when we''re under the cosh.

[quote user="king canary"]@Lincoln

Yeah I can see that. I do worry though that an attacking midfield three of Pritchard, Naismith and Wes would lead to all three of them playing narrow and trying to occupy the same space, playing intricate passes without actually stretching play.

I also remember how much we suffered against Newcastle when we took Jacob off- having some pace further up the pitch allows us to relieve pressure when we''re under the cosh.[/quote]

Yep there''s definitely times where Murphy is more suited then say a Pritchard. Newcastle is a good example, and the type of game where pace is needed on the counter attack. I think in games where the opposition sit back and restrict space in behind, usually the case at Carrow road, then the instricate play or Wes, Naismith and Pritchard would appear to be the best tactic.

Pritchard and Naismith are quicker than many give credit for. Pritchard regularly played out wide for Brentford.

Yeah I''d agree with that- Murphy can be less effective when teams sit deep.

Also agree Pritchard is pretty quick- but I think his natural instinct is more to play passes rather than take someone on.

I could see it but I think it would need to be in a 4-3-3 type formation rather than what we have right now to provide a bit more cover in behind.

I''d imagine it looking something like...

Howson - Tettey - Thompson

Jacob - Nelson - Josh

Let the twins interchange flanks to keep the opposition fullbacks on their toes and get our fullbacks overlapping.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Well Josh definitely isn''t going to Wolves then.[/quote]Weren''t they looking at a loan though? Could still happen.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Well Josh definitely isn''t going to Wolves then.

I make that two "up yours Lamberts" in 4 days[/quote][:D][Y]

On the question of what they are now worth and whether the academy is producing, the rumour earlier in the window was that Liverpool were preparing a £10m offer for Jacob with a loan back for the season.

Allowing for paper talk, and bearing in mind Josh was Players Player for MK Dons last season in the Championship, they have to be worth at least £15m between them - I''d say that vindicates the academy.

There are at least another 3 or 4 potential first teamers who have come through too.

I do understand that this tear has been disappointing so far, but the future really is bright and I''d much rather pay the Murphys, who love the club, than the high earners we currently have who don''t.

[quote user="sgncfc"]On the question of what they are now worth and whether the academy is producing, the rumour earlier in the window was that Liverpool were preparing a £10m offer for Jacob with a loan back for the season.

Allowing for paper talk, and bearing in mind Josh was Players Player for MK Dons last season in the Championship, they have to be worth at least £15m between them - I''d say that vindicates the academy.

There are at least another 3 or 4 potential first teamers who have come through too.

I do understand that this tear has been disappointing so far, but the future really is bright and I''d much rather pay the Murphys, who love the club, than the high earners we currently have who don''t.[/quote][Y]

Apologies for being a few pages late, not been in long, saw this on page one of this thread.

''''Fair enough''''*.....Morty

* this is as close as we will see to Mort saying ''''yep, i was wrong''''

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]Apologies for being a few pages late, not been in long, saw this on page one of this thread.

''''Fair enough''''*.....Morty

* this is as close as we will see to Mort saying ''''yep, i was wrong''''[/quote]

Must have hurt. City''s self proclaimed number one fan and all.[/quote]As opposed to Readings, eh Coppel?

So why did you switch support then Lincoln.How did you go from a Reading fan, trolling us as "Golden Coppel" and calling us budgies, oh and faking some mysterious illness that affected your spelling (glad to see you have made a full recovery) to reinventing yourself as a Norwich fan?

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]No point, no agenda, just an observation.[/quote]Did you just fancy an argument, was that it?Would you rather than admit that I made a mistake, that, as someone else suggested, I argue the point over several pages?