Sign in to follow this  
Worcester Yellow

Pleasant surprise with transfer targets...

I expected Lgue 2 targets.6''1'' 26 year old dutch left back Zeegalaar on the verge of the Dutch teamAND6'' 4'' 24 year old Mitchell Dijks who can play left sided CH from AJAXI am soooooooo NOT a happy clapper but if we have traded these boys for a disinterested Olsen & Brady whilst making a good profit surely EVERYBODY would be happy with this. I also gained some inside info at weekend that the ''problem'' with the team is a load of players thought they would go in summer but never happened and hence they were sulking and divisive... not directly to Alex but to the club.... resented the fact they were still stuck here etc leading to our problems.... hopefully these moves and any to follow will remove those who had to go. Not revealing source but it was someone who is a fan and works for the club full time. If true we can now expect a proper united team. He has not lost the players. He has a lot of respect and is dedicated I was told. My source wanted Alex to be given more time to sort out the mess This would also correlate with some saying the problems were sown far before Alexs timeI think Alex and the recruitment team actually deserve a round of applause if they pull this off... with Klose and Pinto... OMG.... i really like the sound of that....They will probably be sh1te but hey I''m a fan ... and hope is what fans do....

There is nothing wrong with targeting players from the lower league.

Also I can''t tell you if I''d be delighted with our moves until they''ve actually signed and played a few games. They have good pedigree it seems but so did RvW.

That makes a fair bit of sense.I can understand the players wanting away if they feel they can play at a higher level, which the transfers suggest.If there "is a load of players" then that phrase suggests others. Klose being the most likely, with one or two others. However that is not to slate them based on you comment.If this has been the ''thorn in our side'' that has somehow held us back the hopefully we can move forward from here. A few more days and all will be clearer. And four ''winnable games follow.Should be ''interesting'' to say the least.

RvW wasn''t a bad player, he was just an awful option for the way Hughton played. Alongside a target man, I believe he would have flourished...

But that''s easy to assume or believe now

Could this be one of those times we are actually happy with a transfer window? *

*Probably not.

Well hopefully Van Dijks & Zeegelaar are going to be part of a new defence. Be nice to see a squad overhaul between now and the summer.

There''s probably something in this, with a couple who thought they''d be off and maybe haven''t been pulling their weight - but most now seem to be up for it; Naismith in particular has started to look the player we signed.

Klose has actually looked better in recent games - I did wonder if there was a bit of a culture shock for him being up against the more ''agricultural'' style in the Champs and maybe he needed a bit of a break. I''m less sure that he was one of the ''troublesome'' ones, but we did have that stuff from his international manager.

Sounds plausible and would also explain why the board has backed Alex, here''s to hoping they make me eat my own words:)

But as others have said the rebuilding job wont be complete until at least the summer when contracts expire.

Lets just hope we get through this window and start playing consistently the way we all know we can play, consistently being the key word.