Sign in to follow this  
morty

Bassong, Bennett, Turner.

[quote user="king canary"]''I''m told''

Cheeky sod.

I''d keep Bennett.[/quote]I couldn''t be bothered to go and verify the info[;)]Yeah Bennett seems the obvious choice.That said, Bassong, despite everything, on his day can be better.

Leaving it late to re-negotiate so maybe they''re all on the way out. Could be talking behind the scenes though I suppose.

I think I''d be looking to bring in some fresh blood in the summer and probably just keep Bennett.

For me Bennett is one of those 6/7 out of 10 players- never awful (despite what some say) but also never dominating.

Bassong has all the tools to be better- better on the ball, quicker, stronger but his concentration is so poor and he''s usually good for one or two terrible errors a game.

Bennett won''t win you a game but he won''t actively cost you it- Bassong though...

The whole question could be likened to "Do you prefer a kick, or a hard punch, in the balls" really.Ideal world we''d get shot of all three!

None. Bassong at a push but waged and age play against him.

Bennett is a midtable championship defender if I''ve ever seen one. We should be aiming higher.

Turner I''d put my house on being let go, Bassong is 50:50 for me and I can see Bennett stay on as backup.

I''m fine with having a mid-table Championship defender as our third/fourth choice.

It is a sign of how we''ve utterly failed to invest properly in the defence that Martin/Bassong/Bennett have all had significant game time this year.

If we have to keep one, which we will as cover, first teamer no idea, but I''d go for Bennett. He''s still young, has Prem exp, on lower wages and doesn''t turn my stomach when he''s in possession.

why would we keep any of them? Turner simply beyond his best and both bassong & bennett have concentration issues to rival each other. the only thing these 3 guarantee is goals conceded.

If we had to keep one to prevent self combustion then its a closer call but bassong every time; on the least bad basis.

@ZLF

I''d assume we''d keep one on the basis that if we don''t we''d only have Martin and Klose at centre back and I think we''ll struggled to keep Klose if we don''t go up.

None, let them all go, I''m pretty sure all three will be £1million a year deals!

Not sure anyone would pay to take them off our hands, I''d be looking at two younger defenders from lower league or abroad, use the scouting team to do their job.

Build on keeping Klose, Pinto.

All three have been here for a good amount of time all need to move on.

Turner is a goner, I''m sure he''ll be happy to move on and get back to playing football regularly for a lower league side now. Great when we signed him but over the years no longer got the pace to deal with the Premier League.

Seb, wages. If we can replace him with someone younger he should go. @ 30 he''s still got a few years left in him, but I''d prefer younger blood now assuming we keep Martin and Klose.

Benno - definitely keep. He''s good on his day, and would be great back-up if we do sign someone to go with Klose at the back.

Get rid of all 3. We''ve had the best from Turner and Bassong - and their best was much better than Bennett has offered.

Bennett has been here 5 years and has never truly proven he should be first choice in this league, let alone the Prem.

[quote user="Alfie54"]Bennett is the only one that I''d keep, although he still hasn''t really proven himself[/quote]

He''s one of those players who seems to have been ''one for the future'' for a long time now.

Bennett:

- Worse in the air than Bassong

- Worse on the floor than Martin

- Less awareness than both

- not particularly quick

- doesn''t get a decent goal count up the other end

I.e he''s pointless.

Normally because one of them is out of position covering for Bennetts minor but consistent problems such as his 50p head...not knowing if to go tight or back off (somehow always the wrong one ) all whilst going completely missing any time things get tough.