Sign in to follow this  
Mason 47

Mitchell Dijks

Ajax left full-back, murmurings coming out of Holland saying that they have confirmed we are in talks with him.

An entire team of left-footers maybe? AN doing what you do when you get bored on FM.

Never heard of him, but surely a left-back is a good thing?!!

If he is anything like AN''s last full back signing, then ''come on down''.

Big Ivo fan, my POTS by a mile so far...

Agreed Lewis , Ivo is looking better and better, apart from the odd pen giveaway. My Ajax supporting mate rates Dijks. He also said we wouldnt get Virgil Van. Was right about Ricky too. Would love it if the Championship is more appealing to Dijks the the Eredivisie, i keep telling him its akin to the Jock Prem..... he hates that.

It''s strange how you''d swap a Dutch ''premier'' team, playing Europa Cup for the Championship. I''d maybe understand swapping it for Newcastle, but NCFC are hardly challenging for promotion.

I guess money talks.

[quote user="Mason 47"]Ajax left full-back, murmurings coming out of Holland saying that they have confirmed we are in talks with him.

An entire team of left-footers maybe? AN doing what you do when you get bored on FM.[/quote]

Careful, you can''t get away with that sort of religious slang nowadays..!

Seen him a couple of times on tv. Hes massive. Knocks a lot of wingers off the ball. Id imagine he could play centre back too if needed. Got a good cross too. But its hard to tell how good these players really are when theyre playing against some really poor teams.

The Mirror linked him to a £10m move to Leicester in march 16. Supposedly a left back or left sided centre back. A regular for Ajax last season. A bit part this season.

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]Seen him a couple of times on tv. Hes massive. Knocks a lot of wingers off the ball. Id imagine he could play centre back too if needed. Got a good cross too. But its hard to tell how good these players really are when theyre playing against some really poor teams.[/quote]Both would be welcome in the more ''boisterous'' playing style of the Championship.Some games it looks as if we needed a couple of Big Daddy''s and Giant Haystacks to deal with the oppositions style of play

I just remembered another left back we brought from Holland - Fernando Derveld - and broke out in a cold sweat.

Hope this bloke is a lot better than him.

This from Sport Witness:

De Telegraaf report on Wednesday afternoon that Norwich City are in talks to sign Mitchell Dijks from Eredivisie side Ajax. The Dutch newspaper explained that Newcastle United and Leicester City have also been interested in the player, believing he has the right qualities to succeed in English football.

The 23 year old is a left footed central defender who can also play at left back. His Ajax contract runs until June 2018, putting the club under at least a little pressure to sell.

De Telegraaf say Ajax have confirmed the talks with Norwich, which would suggest things are at an advanced stage. Dijks may prefer the Norwich option, because he’d stand a better chance of imposing himself than at Newcastle or Leicester.

Sounds good if it happens.

Just tellin'' that Tamas Kadar (26, Lech Poznan), 38 caps, solid Euros performance, left-footed LB-CM is on the market, and and as I read Birmingham seems to be after him.

If Brady does actually leave, its certainly interesting that City could be replacing him and Olsson with a double Dutch signing, one a LB/CD, the other a LB/WH, i will call them Ziggy and Dixie, AN would seem to have nicely covered the departures, but of course its all a long way from being official yet. Two Dutchmen, called Marvin and Mitchell...cant get my head around that...

I would still just as well see our scouts trawal the lower leagues for promising players.

Less complicated all-round ie. signing and settling in to the English game. Probably less expensive too.

I quite liked the idea of Angus McDonald from Barnsley (and to complete the rape of a promising young Barnsley team it would seem.)

This seems to have gone cold though, if indeed there was anything in it.

Paddy Davitt tweeting quotes from his agent about turning us down. Said was only 90% sure about us and won''t move unless it''s 100%.

Sigh.