Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

N&P is no more

The name of Norwich and Peterborough Building Society is to disappear

from the High Street, under plans announced by its owners today.So looks like a new name for the stand then but surely not Yorkshire Building Society Grouphttp://www.northnorfolknews.co.uk/news/norwich_and_peterborough_name_to_disappear_from_high_street_14_branches_close_and_100_jobs_at_risk_1_4862420

I have it on good authority that nephew Tom renegotiated the sponsorship of the River End just last week, securing a new 25 year, no money up front deal with Norwich and Peterborough.

He was quoted as saying it was important to a community club to have firms sharing the "Norwich and Norfolk" first mantra that''s synonymous with the clubs values today and moving forward.

Still, he''s learning on the job like Alex Neil.

Duncan, next you''ll be telling me there''s a note left on the door saying my local branch has been close due to "technical difficulties"

Hurray, a return to the River End.... joining the South StandNo one calls the Barclay the Coral''s stand, or the club Aviva FCso the River End it should be

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]I reckon we should name it after our former player David Bell.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="VanWink"]We could name it after Morty, the Clarence End.[/quote]Or you, the tedious (unt end perhaps?

@Morty.

Found you - you should try harder!

However I don''t wish to ruin this thread, and pander to your attention seeking ways.

Have a good evening, but you''ll probably just end up doing more of what you''ve done all day, just sitting on here. What an exciting life you lead! Your family must be so proud.

[quote user="greavsy"]@Morty.

Found you - you should try harder!

However I don''t wish to ruin this thread, and pander to your attention seeking ways.

Have a good evening, but you''ll probably just end up doing more of what you''ve done all day, just sitting on here. What an exciting life you lead! Your family must be so proud.[/quote]Great stuff Greavesey[Y]

Glad you like Morely, But as I said I wont ruin this thread, and I see you have returned to the previous one, that you declared you were leaving!

Its like a treasure hunt.

[quote user="greavsy"]Glad you like Morely, But as I said I wont ruin this thread, and I see you have returned to the previous one, that you declared you were leaving!

Its like a treasure hunt.[/quote]Well you''re certainly something that rhymes with one....

Now now Morty, lets keep it on topic, please.

Or are you the only one, being the self appointed forum police that can ironically moan at people for going off topic, when you do it every time.

Oh and didn''t see that one coming, Joke ahoy!

perhap''s even the Journeys End given how many old codgers gather there

Why not buck the trend and call it the Beginning?

that might confuse some of it''s ''residents'', if many are not already in that state"where did you watch the game.. ?""in the beginning..."

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 25/01/2017 8:49 PM:

Maybe the "Dead End" to match the atmosphere.

👍