Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Is it mental? And mental or not, we're sticking with Neil.

Me, carping on.

If someone could make this clicky as I can''t do so from my phone...ta.

http://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/were-sticking-with-alex-its-time-to-get-on-with-it

Morty, you missed a chance to patronise and ridicule there, oh he''s is one of the honoured members of the Morty inner circle.

[quote user="Greavsy"]Morty, you missed a chance to patronise and ridicule there, oh he''s is one of the honoured members of the Morty inner circle.[/quote]Ah brilliant, we doing this again, all day today?

[quote user="Greavsy"]Morty, you missed a chance to patronise and ridicule there, oh he''s is one of the honoured members of the Morty inner circle.[/quote]Greavsy this is getting boring for all.[:)]

[quote user="Greavsy"]Morty, you missed a chance to patronise and ridicule there, oh he''s is one of the honoured members of the Morty inner circle.[/quote]Morty does ''do the clicky'' for anyone who hasn''t mastered it yet & is kind enough to post ''how to do a clicky'' instructions.

Not at all, and apologies if that''s how it looked, was just making a point, that as a public forum I am entitled to do.

Would have been happy if there was no response to my post.

Anyway, getting back on track, good article.And Alex Neil is here to stay, for the forseeable, so we may as well just get on with things.

Staying on topic,

Which part of this is news? I thought we all knew the board had stated their intentions to stick with AN.

Agree - especially now the home form is solid. In theory you wouldn''t bet against us going unbeaten at home for the rest of the season.

However, home form will keep us where we are in the league when coupled with out appalling away form. Thats what needs to change if we want to get in the playoffs. Failure to reach the playoffs will probably see Neil leave in the summer imo

As identified above, home form is vastly different to away form, would we benefit from playing a different system away.

For example, It''s not unusual for teams to play one up front away, and two at home.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Agree - especially now the home form is solid. In theory you wouldn''t bet against us going unbeaten at home for the rest of the season.

However, home form will keep us where we are in the league when coupled with out appalling away form. Thats what needs to change if we want to get in the playoffs. Failure to reach the playoffs will probably see Neil leave in the summer imo[/quote]Yeah, agree with all that. Hopefully the restructuring of the squad is almost a separate issue, that doesn''t neccessarily require Alex Neil in the summer.Reaching the play offs or not will be a good marker.

How do you do the "clicky" thing please?

I''ve been working with computers since the mid 80''s and feel a complete idiot when I can''t make a link go red.

A tutorial might get the thread luddites interested as well.

On the AN situation. I think he would have gone by now so despite my and many others belief that he is not the right man, the board do and that is that.

And it is important to note that 99% of those in the AN out camp are not against the man at all. Neither were they with Chris Hughton. They both come across as "bloody nice blokes".

As the Godfather would have said, "It''s just business".

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]How do you do the "clicky" thing please?

I''ve been working with computers since the mid 80''s and feel a complete idiot when I can''t make a link go red.

On the AN situation. I think he would have gone by now so despite my and many others belief that he is not the right man, the board do and that is that.

And it is important to note that 99% of those in the AN out camp are not against the man at all. Neither were they with Chris Hughton. They both come across as "bloody nice blokes".

As the Godfather would have said, "It''s just business".[/quote]What browser you using? If you don''t use Firefox, I would consider downloading it. I use google chrome for everything, and Firefox just for this forum.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zps6ndrdjir.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zps6ndrdjir.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Good article mate.

I genuinely believe our fragility comes from one or two players uncertain about themselves which when you play footy is infectious. Couple this with how results have been for us and the teams above us and the crowd''s disappointment from last season and it''s a cauldron of miasma.

I was hoping some new blood at the back would start to make a difference, new faces, new attitudes could breath fresh life into the squad. We''ve seen what Olive is capable of when on form, same with Pinto.

We''ve been unlucky in losing Thompson, if rumours are to be believed, so fingers x''d we get some central midfield cover in too.

Norwich luck I guess.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]How do you do the "clicky" thing please?

As the Godfather would have said, "It''s just business".[/quote]What browser you using? If you don''t use Firefox, I would consider downloading it. I use google chrome for everything, and Firefox just for this forum.[/quote]

Thanks.

Looks like I''m not the only one who doesn''t know to the quote to the required standard

If some one be kind enough to provide details then the board would be a better place for all.

Many thanks.

[quote user="Greavsy"]Looks like I''m not the only one who doesn''t know to the quote to the required standard

If some one be kind enough to provide details then the board would be a better place for all.

Many thanks.[/quote]
Option 1: Use Firefox. It seems to work ''out of the box''
Option 2: Use Chrome but install the ''User Agent Switcher'' plugin (Google it) and use that to ''Emulate'' Firefox while browsing the Punk Un forums.
Either of the above will reveal a ''toolbar'' while composing your text that is absent while using non-compatible browsers, which seems to be most of them; especially mobile versions. That toolbar contains an ''insert hyperlink'' button as illustrated by morty a few posts above. Click that button after highlighting a word or phrase (in the same way you would when using Word or Outlook) and you can paste the hyperlink into the box that appears.

[quote user="Greavsy"]Looks like I''m not the only one who doesn''t know to the quote to the required standard

Many thanks.[/quote]Use Firefox on this forum Greavsy, then there isn''t a quotes problem.  Morty is right, which you won''t like, but that''s the reality!  All you have to do is download it here:https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiYo7LD6t_RAhXLKcAKHVFyCocQFggkMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fen-GB%2Ffirefox%2Fnew%2F&usg=AFQjCNEP1HKsNtaOFGscnv-7HGY38TTl3Q

[quote user="morty"]Morty in "knowing better" and "bullying people to use different browser" drama.[:)][/quote]Greavsy working out how to download Firefox..................[;)]

Good article Duncan.

It''s one of those where I''m 50/50 most of the time. Alex Neil hasn''t really done much to prove himself a good manager - he motivated the guys for half a season to get promoted but since then inconsistency and tactical nous alongside players losing confidence and his inability to inspire it back into them has my head telling me he should have gone a while ago.

But there''s something about him I like.

The problem is the yardstick is now getting to 6th place.

From where we are now, that would be an achievement if a new manager came in. Would it be seen as an achievement if AN done it? After all, he''s had a squad many have associated with the top 2, 3 at worst. And managed to drag us to a position where 6th would require a very good run of form now.

I really do given up.

Thank you for the sensible and helpful replies, that is appreciated.

I post a serious question, and still people reply patronising and belittling. Oh the irony.

Thanks again for the sensible replies.

For the record too, I have no problem with Morty being right by the law of averages with so many posts to his name it must happen once in a while.