Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Deal agreed for Left back

The Dutch defender is being brought in as a replacement for Martin Olsson, who departed Carrow Road to join Premier League strugglers Swansea City.

It is believed that an initial fee of €3.5m – which equates to roughly £2.9m – has been agreed between Sporting Lisbon and Norwich City.

The 26-year-old is an attack-minded left back, who can also play in midfield, and he has been at Sporting Lisbon since November 2015 when he signed a three and a half year deal.

Zeegelaar had previously played for Rio Ave, Elazigspor and Ajax.

The Dutchman, who has recently earned his first senior call-up for the national team, previously had a spell in the Championship when he was on loan at Blackpool in 2013.

Zeegelaar is understood to be due for a medical in Norwich later today.

The update comes from the Portuguese sports newspaper Abola, who reckon he''ll cost us €3.5m with another €1.5m in bonuses. He''s said to be arriving today for a medical, and is expected to earn around €1m a year.

[quote user="morty"]I''ll tell you what I want, what I really really want.....[/quote][:D]

I''ve always admired Zig Ziglar''s principles...

Thinking about it, there''d be a decent headline for the journos if this player went to the 2022 World Cup: ''Ziggy Played Qatar''...

[quote user="morty"]I''ll tell you what I want, what I really really want[/quote]

Funnily enough, I also had that song stuck in my head after the initial report

From a Dutch friend of mine who is an Ajax fan:

"Sorry to say that I am not so enthusiastic about this guy.

Apparently he played 6 games for Ajax and then he was rented out to Excelsior.

You never know how this will work out but for now don’t put you’re hope on him….."

What is it with the Dutch!? They can''t loan someone they have to rent them!

With Pinto and Olsson in the team it was crying out for wing backs and three central defenders from the beginning of the season....

[quote user="unique"]With Pinto and Olsson in the team it was crying out for wing backs and three central defenders from the beginning of the season....[/quote]

That could be a Plan B that we seem incapable of finding!

Seems like this one is also going to come to nothing.
"Zeegelaar appeared on his way to England, after talks with Norwich were open and Sporting had agreed to a fee of reportedly four million. Still, the proposal led the Canaries not to transfer, leaving the former club of Ricky van Wolfswinkel still has not found a replacement for Martin Olsson."

Embarrassing.

We had the Portuguese striker 2 summers ago and now this January a similar situation. To come so far and to walk away tells me more that it is our end and agents will become wary of working with NcFC.

Yes it is only 3 players but the world of agents will talk.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]If true I wonder why.

Wages?

Unattractive club?

Something else?[/quote]
Ultimately it''s a big step down, there''s talk of our facilities being a bit substandard, but also he has been fairly regularly starting this season, honestly can''t see any reason why he''d consider us in the first place! Kudos for getting him to even give us the time of day.

Meanwhile the majority shareholders sit smugly on their thrones resisting any outside interference, preferring to indulge in nepotism.

Moxey remains silent, as ever.

Alex Neil "tells a good story," but seems unable to attract any potential signings.

We need to ''sell to buy'' in the transfer market.

All amidst rumours that some of the squad are unsettled and news that the training facilities at Colney have been neglected.

And to think, when most pundits had us amongst the favourites for promotion this season I believed them and had high hopes of a successful season.

Where are we now?

A good run of good victories, starting with the game on Saturday, might be the only panacea of all ills left before the Carrow Road faithful get a bit grumpy.

Followed by a few days later... we will go with what we have got or the fees wanted were ridiculous (why not sort it out pre season then ??!!!).

Remember when we would get most of our business done before pre-season then come January maybe have one or two all ready to get over the line early doors. All we seem to do now is wait until last minute-where''s the intent there? Should have had these players over in December ready to sign or say yes/no for January or am I just being unrealistic?

I blame

Nephew Tom

Ed the Red and Galway Roast

Who in their right mind would come into this set up

All a bit amateurish really. Have to question why, after agreeing fees and presumably having contacted their agents, they pull out after coming to see the club.

Seems now that despite all the premiership money our facilities are not up to scratch, when previously we where told they attracted players.

Not to update your facilities when you have had 4 out of 5 years in the top flight hardly points to a well run club.

This is the Norwich way isn''t it. Money says we are in for a busy January. Bit like that old song.

Busy doing nothing ,not working the whole day through ,trying to find lots of deals that fall through,busy doing nothing, isn''t it just a crime ,we''d like to make fans happeeeee , but we really can''t find the time.

Don''t be confused Morty its not your style

See you in The Nelson

I''ll recognise you

The guy with the chip on his shoulder

Enjoy your day