Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Deal agreed for Left back

I''m sure one of the main reasons for selling Olsson was to reduce wages. Perhaps we''ll have some money left over from the Olsson sale if this deal goes through and a reduction in wages.

Now how did it go with the last Dutchman we bought from Sporting Lisbon? Do they see us coming? They look to be making a good return on Marvin.

We really know very little about him. As pointed out the lack of game time is odd but he does look to have played a bit this season.

I will reserve judgement till we see him, a bit like I did with Ivo Pinto who has certainly won me over. But let''s hope a good bit of business.

OTBC

Reports saying they bought him for £430k a year ago, and we''re paying £3m, rising to £4.3m.

That''s one heck of a profit, and quite a lot to pay for little ole Norwich. Reports also say this guys had about 7(or was it 9) different clubs so far! He''s only 26!

Could be interesting!

Morgan wrote the following post at 19/01/2017 3:26 PM:

if this happens, and he''s good, do you think our recruitment team will get any kudos for pulling the deal off?

I hope he''s good, I hope he plays and I hope they do buddy 😉

To be fair this seems like a decent bit of business, Olsson wanted out for ages and presumably on a high wage, I guess the new guy will be cheaper. Only time will tell of course, but let''s hope we don''t have to wait the usual two months to get him up to speed

[quote user="nat_canaries"]Didn''t know much about him so had a little look, seems quick and can play left mid too. More of an attacking left back who leaves a lot to be desired defensively, so a left footed pinto basically.[/quote]

Exactly. This football club just refuses to learn any lessons.

The whole lot need to go: Board, Neil, Moxey, Mulbarton Man.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="nat_canaries"]Didn''t know much about him so had a little look, seems quick and can play left mid too. More of an attacking left back who leaves a lot to be desired defensively, so a left footed pinto basically.[/quote]

The whole lot need to go: Board, Neil, Moxey, Mulbarton Man.[/quote]I would like a list of left-backs that we should sign, please. Just three will do, in descending order of priority.Thanks.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="nat_canaries"]Didn''t know much about him so had a little look, seems quick and can play left mid too. More of an attacking left back who leaves a lot to be desired defensively, so a left footed pinto basically.[/quote]

The whole lot need to go: Board, Neil, Moxey, Mulbarton Man.[/quote]I would like a list of left-backs that we should sign, please. Just three will do, in descending order of priority.Thanks.[/quote]

That is the job of the recruitment department. The problem is that ours is no good. They simply refuse to identify any defender who can defend. They are just obsessed with attacking defenders who can''t defend and so the result is that we like to concede goals for fun.

We need to have a manager and recruitment chief who have some common sense between them and can come up with a common sense recruitment strategy.

More than that, we need to have an owner with some common sense who can appoint people underneath him with common sense.

It all goes to the top, ultimately.

Hopefully he can improve on his defensive play like Pinto seems to be doing. Most full backs are attacking now a days anyway which is fine if you have defensive midfielders who are positionally sound and don''t wonder off chasing the ball ala Tettey. Unless of course we go with a back 3 then his positioning won''t be as much of a problem, although still not ideal.

I recall a former PL defender being asked about defenders who can play passing football and what he would look for if he was a manager looking to sign a defender. His response was that they have to be able to defend and that the ability to play passing football was a bonus but useless if they could not actually defend. It''s common sense which does not seem very common in our defensive strategies.

[quote user="hogesar"]Know literally nothing about him, so won''t judge. Which is the fair thing to do, by the way.[/quote]don''t be absurdthis is the Pinkun Forum

[quote user="hogesar"]Know literally nothing about him, so won''t judge. Which is the fair thing to do, by the way.[/quote][Y]

Know literally nothing about him, so won''t judge. Which is the fair thing to do, by the way.

very true

i am wondering he has been playing champions league so why come to championship ?

i doubt he would he turn down crystal palace if they are interested ?

Is this actually true though? Why would he want to sign for us if he''s playing regular Champions League football? Surely it wouldn''t be money as we all know we won''t be paying through the nose in wages. Also, the report states Palace has shown an interest. With our current financial constraints I just can''t see this happening!

i thought for a while we were going to lose Brady to injury during the game. Brought home the reality of our present predicament.

Got the impression that Brady wanted to go off and didn''t expect to see him in the second half. However thought he was more committed in the second half and of course took the perfect penalty

A Dutch left back. Oh boy. The last Dutch full back I remember was Fernando Derveld. The last left sided Dutch player I remember was Raymond de Waard. The last Dutch player I remember was Ricky Van.

I guess we are due a good one.