Sign in to follow this  
hendo4eva hendo4eva

are we up for promotion?

[quote]are we up for promotion this season?[/quote]

IF you look at our current form, you should say YES, at least play-offs

[quote]Oh, you can''t beat a bit of blind faith can you Dicky?.[/quote]

What was that post you made earlier about name calling....?  Come on Wiz, we know that Dicky can get your back up every now and then but why rise to the bait?

Not yet...

But I think we will be. We have a quality team and the biggest problem is that we simply haven''t been in a winning mentality. Football is all about confidence - we start having a run of wins (or even wins and draws) and we''ll be there in no time. Now we''ve started winning a couple away from home, the wheels are starting to roll again! *cross fingers*

at the moment i would say no, but you never know, once we have taken three points of the likes of wolves, sheff u, reading, preston etc, etc i might accept we can beat the better teams in the league

the current run and last two games have brought highly needed and welcome wins, but (sorry for my realism) they were recorded against hull (i haven''t seen a worse team at carrow road for ages) and brighton, having said that there are signs things are on the up, notably the form of the doc and huckerby, if we can get ashton fit and scoring and keep playing to our strengths then we will be up there, don''t know if we can make up enough ground to catch the early leaders though, have to wait and see

at least supporting norwich isn''t boring! 

Are we up for promotion?  Of course we are!  Players like Greeno, Hucks, Saf and Deano have tasted the big time and I''m damn sure they want to get back there ASAP.  We have found it hard adjusting to life in the Championship.  However, a lot of clubs do when they get relegated.  The last few performances have been really encouraging though and I think we''re definitely on the right path

recent form has been good, however we still have clueless worthy in charge, and if we lose 1 or 2 games then its back where we started from.. i still think we need to get rid, even if we go up...

jas

Despite Luton''s current form I think, with our tightened defence & with Hucks having found his form of 2 years ago, each of the next four matches is winnable (as is every match this season, ofcourse). Whether we shall actually win them is a different matter, but if we were to find ourselves on 27 points, 4 games hence, I bet there would be a lot of smiley faces around

[quote]No. Next question?[/quote]

Oh, Yankee, you are the man who loves to drag up old posts that contradict what people have said before.  Now don''t get me wrong, I don''t mark you as a fickle poster, and I am sure that you will stick to your principles, but I will revel in reminding you of this one a little bit down the line.  You often accuse people of having Blind Faith in the glorious Yellers, but you seem to have Blind Doom about the fortunes of the team.  Of course we are promotion material, and of course we''ll be in the running come May for at least a play-off place.  Nuff said...

if we can win the next 2 games i.e. including beating Luton away, then I think we''re on the right track but some got carried away after a single win. We''ve got 2 now. Sheff U have won how many?

Boring to the extreme. 

[quote]What was that post you made earlier about name calling....? Come on Wiz, we know that Dicky can get your back up every now and then but why rise to the bait?[/quote]

Bait?  So saying you thing your team will be promoted is bait?  Why bother, eh?

As opposed to blind scepticism?

Oh, Flick Fleck, my comment, while an accurate reflection of my current opinion for this season, was really a tongue in cheek comment for the bare-boned question that initiated this thread. Actually, I do have positive feelings that the club will enjoy some good Premiership participation in coming years. However, we have to learn that it will take recruiting the best that we are able to muster in management and coaching.