Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Interest in Ryan Bennett

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Turner is as good as gone, and Bassong needs to go. That leaves us with Martin, Klose, Bennett and Godfrey. I believe Godfrey should be nurtured into a centre back - he can play centre midfield or right back, but his physique looks to me like he''d make a better centre half than anything else. Klose will probably leave in the summer unless we''re promoted. Martin I think we should keep as a backup CB/RB. Bennett is still only about 26 I think, and centre backs often don''t reach their peak until 30. We need to keep hold of him as a squad player at least in my opinion. But goodness me do we need to sign a centre back - maybe two.[/quote]

I''m dissappointed no-one has suggested that Dorrans plays at CB. [:)]

Let''s get the money in for him while we can. Whilst being a decent player and good servant Bennett has never quite lived up to expectations and seemingly won''t be missed.

With no chance of relegation (IMO) and only an outside chance of promotion it now seems to be evolving that the remainder of this season will be an exercise in preparing for the next.

Along with injuries healing (Thompson,) and youngsters maturing with an extra year under their belts( esp. Madisson and Toffolo, but all really including Canos) we will need to build up a decent transfer fund, one way or another, to sensibly strengthen in the Summer window.

I would hope that the scouting staff are preparing for a busy few months lining up targets for this assault on the market.

(I would also add a new manager, but that seems to have become a moot point.)

In the meantime make do with what we have, whether it be relying on the likes of Whitts, Bassong and Martin and even Lafferty or not as they continue to prove difficult to unload.

We are going nowhere this season. Trim wherever possible and consolidate over the next few months.

Brady will be best sold in the Summer too. We might get more and he might get interest from better suitors if he has a good rest of season.

Next season might provide even stiffer opposition so we need to be well prepared. We still receive parachutes.

HITC? sums it up really.

Always some flashes of talent from RB, but failure to convince any of his 4 managers while here tells its own story.

He is at his peak and its mid champs at his best.

A change of club may get the best out of him.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Getting any sort of fee for him would make a perfect day[/quote]

Is there a theme/connection to your song titles in posts?

Choose

Life. Choose an agent. Choose a footballing career. Choose a family 4X4. Choose

a f****** big contract,. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage from the club

shop. Choose wondering who you are on Sunday morning after an away defeat.

Choose sitting on that couch playing COD, stuffing Waitrose food into your

mouth. Choose your future WAG. Choose life... But why would I want to do a

thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin'' else. And the

reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you''ve got an opportunity

to sign for Norwich City?

I can understand him wanting a move, especially if Colney is so bad.

"Just £50 a game and you could sponsor a player. Ryan has to walk 50 yards to his car. He has to endure the most awful conditions when training. He has to carry his headphones and heavy wallet.

On match day, while you are sat comfortably in the stand, Ryan has to make himself invisible when the opposition attack.

His friend Michael Turner, has to endure not playing a game at all while having to endure training, missing out on selection and still getting paid!

Please, find it in your hearts to ease their misery. Just £50 per game will make a real difference".

I found this interesting - out of contract this summer:

Ruddy

Bassong

Lafferty

Mulumbu

Bennett

Turner

Whittaker

Thomson

McGrandles

I can only imagine the wages of the top 5! Of those, I can see only Ruddy, Thomson and Mulumbu being here next season.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Ruddy, Thompson and McGrandles (yes) for me.

Get a few bob for any of the rest whilst we can.[/quote]

The difficult thing is to find someone who wants them and will offer them a contract anywhere near what they''re on here.

Also Turner and Thomson are both out injured for the season so won''t be going anywhere.

Bennett, Bassong and Turner are out of contract in the summer and Klose is likely to be sold before the start of next season.

What a joke this club has become.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Let''s get the money in for him while we can. Whilst being a decent player and good servant Bennett has never quite lived up to expectations and seemingly won''t be missed.

With no chance of relegation (IMO) and only an outside chance of promotion it now seems to be evolving that the remainder of this season will be an exercise in preparing for the next.

Along with injuries healing (Thompson,) and youngsters maturing with an extra year under their belts( esp. Madisson and Toffolo, but all really including Canos) we will need to build up a decent transfer fund, one way or another, to sensibly strengthen in the Summer window.

I would hope that the scouting staff are preparing for a busy few months lining up targets for this assault on the market.

(I would also add a new manager, but that seems to have become a moot point.)

In the meantime make do with what we have, whether it be relying on the likes of Whitts, Bassong and Martin and even Lafferty or not as they continue to prove difficult to unload.

We are going nowhere this season. Trim wherever possible and consolidate over the next few months.

Brady will be best sold in the Summer too. We might get more and he might get interest from better suitors if he has a good rest of season.

Next season might provide even stiffer opposition so we need to be well prepared. We still receive parachutes.[/quote]

Think too many people are basing a 2nd season tilt on parachute payments.

Reality is we get around 25m next season in parachute money the 3 teams getting relegated from the PL get a minimum of 100m for league position finish.

The days of competing with relegated teams for promotion is rapidly diminishing !

Its now or never !

[quote user="Woodman"]I found this interesting - out of contract this summer:

Ruddy

Bassong

Lafferty

Mulumbu

Bennett

Turner

Whittaker

Thomson

McGrandles

I can only imagine the wages of the top 5! Of those, I can see only Ruddy, Thomson and Mulumbu being here next season.[/quote]

Thompson signed a new contract earlier in the season until 2019

Ruddy

Bassong

Lafferty

Mulumbu

Bennett

Turner

Whittaker

McGrandles

add to that SOLD olsson and maybe brady

thats 10 players we have to replace either by signings or youth thats quite a few

@midland

Couldn''t find a picci of the small but aggressive pigmi lion.I thought they were to be to found in a the Galapagos but have since discovered the last remaining individual is reported to be in Norwich.

[quote user="VanWink"]@midland

Couldn''t find a picci of the small but aggressive pigmi lion.I thought they were to be to found in a the Galapagos but have since discovered the last remaining individual is reported to be in Norwich.[/quote]

Why does he call you Thrush?

TCCANARY wrote the following post at 27/01/2017 1:04 PM:

VanWink wrote:

@midland Couldn''t find a picci of the small but aggressive pigmi lion.I thought they were to be to found in a the Galapagos but have since discovered the last remaining individual is reported to be in Norwich.

I think it''s because he has a vagina.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="VanWink"]@midland

Couldn''t find a picci of the small but aggressive pigmi lion.I thought they were to be to found in a the Galapagos but have since discovered the last remaining individual is reported to be in Norwich.[/quote]

[/quote][:)]