Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Interest in Ryan Bennett

Interest in Ryan Bennett from teams in the top two leagues

from the home page

we will not get much for him as he is out of contract in summer

we must have a CB lined up if we let him go now

"Morison''s Prozac"Would be so happy if we got rid of him, a perfect example for the staleness of our squad.

Sorry, I''m confused, are you talking about Morty or Ry Ben?

Let''s keep it that way. They can buy him on the basis they don''t look at him until we''ve signed the deal.

[quote user="Greavsy"]Serious post, aren''t you ITK Morty?[/quote]Serious question, but no reply.Morty you said last week someone connected had said something to you, so I''m curious, are you ITK?Genuine question.

Bennett is a decent centre half.

Strikes me as a confidence player. He''s put in some great performances in the past.

Similar to Malky Mackay imo, he needs the right partner next to him. Malky without Fleming was pretty useless.

I''d be disappointed to see him leave. I''d like us to sign the the right partner to play with him.

Anyone who suggest he hasn''t had good games for us is plainly being pathetic. I''ve seen him have very impressive games against the likes of Lakaku and Benteke, admittedly he hasn''t had enough of those games and maybe it''s time for a change for both club and player, especially if the manager doubts him. However those who suggest he hasn''t had mom performances, opinions probably arnt worth listening to.

Turner is as good as gone, and Bassong needs to go. That leaves us with Martin, Klose, Bennett and Godfrey. I believe Godfrey should be nurtured into a centre back - he can play centre midfield or right back, but his physique looks to me like he''d make a better centre half than anything else. Klose will probably leave in the summer unless we''re promoted. Martin I think we should keep as a backup CB/RB. Bennett is still only about 26 I think, and centre backs often don''t reach their peak until 30. We need to keep hold of him as a squad player at least in my opinion. But goodness me do we need to sign a centre back - maybe two.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Martin, Bassong, Turner, Bennett, Klose. Ship them all out.[/quote]And do what, sign four new centre halves? And play with three entirely new members of our back four?

Had the potential to be a good player when we bought him but like so many others we''ve bought he''s never developed whilst he''s been here.A move would probably be good for him as it''s not too late for him to improve with the right coaching.Can''t be easy playing with the likes of Turner, Bassong and Martin beside you.

[quote user="Move Klose"]In the summer yes. They are all rubbish or on big wages or in Bassong''s case, both.[/quote]Bennett is worth keeping, he''s a perfectly good squad player at this level. Martin too, until we have better replacements. If we can sign one good young CB this window and play him with Klose, then he will at least be bedded in with the new LB that must be in the pipeline. Making too many changes to a defensive unit in one go is always going to create problems. I know our defence is sh*te, but changing it all overnight could be a frying pan/fire scenario!