Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Shambolic...

Two Dutchmen have been, looked and said no -so who plays at LB now?

In addition we are told that one or two PL clubs are considering signing Bennett when his contract runs out in the summer - at the moment Martin is keeping him out, so you couldn''t blame Bennett if he went. He must feel a little unwanted, especially if we have made no offer to him.

If we sell Brady, as is possible, then is there any real ambition or logic in the club?

Have we really got to that place where we are worrying about losing Ryben?Really?[:D]

Well , I feel the club are tumbling down , down,... We''ll be signing lower league players now...not a problem if we had a manager with a real knowledge of the lower leagues and experience... I feel really bad about the deal for the dutchmen falling through, not because of the players we missed out on , but the reasons why (mentioned by Voetbal International) ...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Well , I feel the club are tumbling down , down,... We''ll be signing lower league players now...not a problem if we had a manager with a real knowledge of the lower leagues and experience... I feel really bad about the deal for the dutchmen falling through, not because of the players we missed out on , but the reasons why (mentioned by Voetbal International) ...[/quote]

Does playing in the lower leagues count as real knowledge?

No , but if you''ve managed there and you''ve got to meet other managers and seen players play it helps!!! Our scouts have to be up for it too ... but God allmighty this AN doesn''t have any idea has he? Lambert had ...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]No , but if you''ve managed there and you''ve got to meet other managers and seen players play it helps!!! Our scouts have to be up for it too ... but God allmighty this AN doesn''t have any idea has he? Lambert had ...[/quote]

So you know that our manager doesn''t do those things and our scouting team do not watch lower league players?

Well...just look at the facts mate...who has he brought in? Happy with his transfer dealings? I know some of the scouting hasn''t gone like it should have since our former head of scouting resigned

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Well...just look at the facts mate...who has he brought in? Happy with his transfer dealings? I know some of the scouting hasn''t gone like it should have since our former head of scouting resigned[/quote]That does not prove that they haven''t met ''other managers and seen players play'' which is what you accused them of.

scouting is fine

we have had in the past queue of targets / players but we can not sign until we have

1. lowered wage bill

2 AN has to want them

3 cash to buy them

4 move the deadwood out

5 the player wants to come after looking round / speaking to manager

I actually don''t think AN''s transfer dealings have been any better or worse than most - all have good and bad ones. The issue for me has been more one of getting the defence to play properly - be it needing more shoring up or different tactics.

As for signings this window, we don''t actually know a great deal about these apparent deals that have fallen through, just random tweets about them. It may be they weren''t as close as we are assuming? My issue is that in the past we knew very little about things until they happened. We simply don''t know how often deals fell through as we didn''t know about them. Everything is so supposedly ''known'' as "fact" now, I do wonder how much of it isn''t as ''factual'' as we''re led to believe and how much is Agent talk. There must have been something in these moves, just how much we''ll not know.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Has every girl you''ve ever tried to woo just fallen at your feet and begged to be taken back to your cave? Doubt it![/quote]

That''s what the club is for, saves an awful lot of time

It''s not just the fact this is yet another botched transfer window but the results, the style of play, the unnecessary injuries, the catering, the list goes on and on

How much longer must we endure the unendurable, deal with the undealable and accept the unacceptable

Or is the ambition limited to playing football in the much less greedy lower leagues? Perhaps, our offer to these potential LBs is chump wages next season followed by league one the year after?

Zeegelaar saying no is disappointing to be sure, but we''ve been through all this before with the likes of Toivonen and van Dijk. If the club had gone for the Bradford or Fleetwood LBs from the start, they''d be accused of going for the ''cheap option''. I can understand Zeegelaar and van Dijk also saying no to a gamble about their own careers, especially to a team in the second tier, but for me the fact that we tried does show that we''re being ambitious. It didn''t come off, but it was right to try.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]What do you expect from a club with no ambition?[/quote]Still singing the same old dirge Tangy? This was what you were crooning eight years ago........24/04/2009, 7:38 PMTangible Fixed Assets anyone?Top 75 PostsJoined on 03/08/2005Posts 7,375    Re: Piswich''s ambition.....    The Binners show ambition we just have decline under the current regime. http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/4/1654676/ShowPost.aspx#1654676We''ve been promoted to the Prem twice since then whereas Piswich..........Time moves on but some things never change. [:D]

Well Yelloow ... I understand your reasoning, but it does make you feel bitter...

I don''t think there is a lot of ambition...just words and no deeds... "promotion, promotion, etc" If they would have had ambition, they would have taken action and they would have shown the supporters that there is money to spend on talent at the beginning of the season. Like Chris Sutton said " Norwich haven''t strengthened enough and don''t look like contenders to me" (that was before the losing streak)... A prolonged spell in the Chumps , that is the ambition...and it makes me feel bad as a supporter

What is strange is that the stated reason leaked to Barclay (presumably by Moxey) for not sacking Neil included the fact that they are backing him to rebuild the squad and yet here we are now less than a week from the end of the window and nothing other than one of our better players having been sold. Its hardly rebuilding is it.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]What is strange is that the stated reason leaked to Barclay (presumably by Moxey) for not sacking Neil included the fact that they are backing him to rebuild the squad and yet here we are now less than a week from the end of the window and nothing other than one of our better players having been sold. Its hardly rebuilding is it.[/quote] Good point and it''s not going to change for some time soon :-(

What is strange is that the stated reason leaked to Barclay (presumably by Moxey) for not sacking Neil included the fact that they are backing him to rebuild the squad and yet here we are now less than a week from the end of the window and nothing other than one of our better players having been sold. Its hardly rebuilding is it.

Maybe Moxey is backng AN to Rebuild the team after it has been asset stripped

We are rebuilding for League 1 because as night follows day that is where we are heading , which is probably great news for Russ Martin who will be able to sign a new five year contract .

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]No , but if you''ve managed there and you''ve got to meet other managers and seen players play it helps!!! Our scouts have to be up for it too ... but God allmighty this AN doesn''t have any idea has he? Lambert had ...[/quote]

It was actually Culverhouse who had the eye for a good player and Lambert trusted his judgement.

Instead of wallowing in the lower reaches, it is the boy Culverhouse who should be brought back in a coaching/recruitment role.