Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

Whittaker will make an excellent left back

I do wish people would give the Whittaker bashing a break.  So he isn''t the greatest defender - but he can play left back and has for Scotland and for us previously.  If on form and at the top of his game - as he was towards the end of the promotion season last time, he can defend and he is effective going forwards and linking play.  The key there is "on top of his game".  Off form he doesn''t look great.  If called on and on form - no real issues for me.

Yes Lakey and just how many tournaments have Scotland qualified for during Whitts playing for them at left back?

Play players in their correct position if needed recall Toffolo.

[quote user="Indy"]Yes Lakey and just how many tournaments have Scotland qualified for during Whitts playing for them at left back?

Play players in their correct position if needed recall Toffolo.[/quote]Wouldn''t have thought that is an option.

Whittaker is ok. Cost us nothing, owes us nothing.

Has had more than the odd moment of brilliance for the cause, notably in the play-offs (our finest moment of recent times.)

Quiet, get-on-with-it professional who has represented his country on numerous occasions.

Lacks pace (name me many full-backs who do not,) but has decent defensive awareness.

Never understood the witch hunt.

He''s not brilliant, neither is he as bad as some make out.

[quote user="Indy"]Why Morty, most clubs loan out players with recall clause.[/quote]Do they?

I assume so as a few clubs recently recalled their players, Aka was recalled last week.

Just my assumption that we''d do the same, probably wrong.

[quote user="Indy"]I assume so as a few clubs recently recalled their players, Aka was recalled last week.

Just my assumption that we''d do the same, probably wrong.[/quote]I''m not so sure. I don''t entirely know myself, but I would some contract would be signed, seeing as the loan club are paying the players wages, then I think they would have a right to some kind of guarantee that the player isn''t going to get snatched back, at the drop of a hat.

No doubt there must be some deal, I don''t know just made the assumption as I said some players have been recalled recently.

In that case I''ll change my thinking as we have little other option.....but Brady is still here and we still have 4 days left to sign a LB even if it''s on loan.