Sign in to follow this  
Aveit

Sign on the dotted Line

Why do we always struggle to get players to sign on the dotted Line?

Our negotiations take forever, and then people say no! why?

Even in the heady days of the premiership, will we ever change!!!

Are we penny pinching as usual?

Contract not long enough, not enough money, big sell on clause?

Are we a step sideways or down for most players?

My question is why?

It already seems another window will come and go, without to much fuss, and after what we have had to accept over a number of weeks, a pick me up with a few new faces might have been what we and the team needed, but doesn''t look like anything is going to happen.

What do other people think?

Its not a case of penny pinching, you can''t spend what you don''t have. And we have to make sure we use what little we have, to the best effect.I think there will always be players that just don''t want to come here because of geography. Its not London, and its not oop north. No one is likely to be able to commute here, so the whole thing would need a player (and his family) to totally commit not only to Norwich City, but to moving here.I think if the Brady thing gets done, that will be the catalyst.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]What ? Selling Brady will make a geographical difference as to the location of Norwich ?

Have you been on the " heavy" Morty ? 🍺🍺🥃🥃[/quote]Oh you[:)]

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Just checking 😜[/quote]Had a Leo Sayer yesterday, having a night off tonight!

Overall the club is in a mess

Premiership Money

Parachute payments

Commercial Dept

Catering etc

And we cannot buy till we sell

The clubs a joke

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Just checking 😜[/quote]Had a Leo Sayer yesterday, having a night off tonight![/quote]

What''s a ''Leo Sayer''?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Just checking 😜[/quote]Had a Leo Sayer yesterday, having a night off tonight![/quote]

What''s a ''Leo Sayer''?[/quote]An "All dayer".

[quote user="daly"]Overall the club is in a mess

Premiership Money

Parachute payments

Commercial Dept

Catering etc

And we cannot buy till we sell

The clubs a joke[/quote]Perhaps that was because we pent the money in the summer on the squadI wonder how loud your squeaks would have been had it been revealed that we held back money in August.

Maybe the prospective recruits were just about to sign on the dotted line for Citeee........When AN piped up with..."I hope that you''re aware that due to the fact that you''re not match fit and aren''t actually ready for the energy sapping and the very harsh ''kick to kill'' and severe brutality of Championship football........I will maybe/hopefully, have you ready to be on the bench for the final game o'' the season on May 7th against QPR.....Oh, and for that game, I will possibly bring you on with 88 minutes on the clock.....Now, how does that suit you?"

There is a lot of truth in your cynicism MY.

I cannot fathom out why AN and his team try and be clever with new signings etc.

It has been mentioned on here that our squad seems unfit and susceptible to late goals.

So any new signing hasn''t exactly got to be too fit to be in the squad. And they have been brought in to better the squad not make it bigger.

The prospective player recruits were seriously impressed by the premiership quality and excellent standards of Delia''s and Yellows.......Then they were taken along to Colney, and were extremely disappointed........

Especially when they spotted Moxey in the showers.