Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Maddison to Stay

Interesting to read that Maddison has requested to stay here and not go out on loan. I like that confidence he has and only hope Alex Neil isn''t afraid to give him a run out in the next few weeks. He has potential to be a massive player for us. It''d be cool to see what he can do.

On the one hand I like this, on the other, I wonder how he''ll get any game time, what with Wes, Pritchard, Naismith etc. unless of course there is potential movement? I.e Naismith and or Pritchard.

He must haves seen the others in training and feels he can compete, looking at the Aberdeen forum looks like they''ve also been playing him out wide lately which didnt suit him.

AN just has to be prepared to give these young players a chance when the opportunity arises either through injuries or loss of form of more senior players, which looks unlikely in this case seeing as he''s talking to the press about limited chances.

By the end of Feb we should have a good idea as to whether the play-offs places are possible or not.

If not, why not use the last dozen games to see how the youngsters get on - we already know the capabilities of established players.

We can see if the youngsters thrive and their performances should inform the summer movements as well.

I have seen only a little but enough of him to think that he has to be in the match day squad from now on if he is not going out on loan.

With due respect to those who think Scottish football is sub standard, I think the top of it is comparable to the Championship.

Good. With Brady going we have nobody else who can take a brilliant free kick (Murphy x2/Pritchard/Dorrans can take a good not great one) and we''ll need Maddison for this.

Hopefully it gives Pritchard a firm kick up the ar5e as well. If he sees Maddison really pushing for that spot he''ll be the one to miss out, not Wes or Naismith so this can only be a good thing imo

It could be that he thinks Brady is off and he could be in with a chance of playing.

If you think about it this could be the same reason he went on loan late at the start of the season, the Brady deal didn''t happen so they sent him out on loan to get some playing time.

He may not have the pace of the Murphy lads, but he has excellent close control, and we saw his ability with a free kick!

Given that we are short of fit central midfielders at the moment, I hope that he is at least on the bench and will perhaps have some game time as a substitute.

I agree with others, that he has real potential, and could be part of a strong young team in a year or two.

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]Doesn''t matter what he thinks, AN won''t play him.

AN said himself he wanted to send him out on loan, so clearly doesn''t think he''s ready. He''ll be playing keepy uppy''s with Canos.[/quote]

I''ll be surprised if he isn''t on the bench today and come on for a few minutes near the end if we are doing well.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]Doesn''t matter what he thinks, AN won''t play him.

AN said himself he wanted to send him out on loan, so clearly doesn''t think he''s ready. He''ll be playing keepy uppy''s with Canos.[/quote]

I''ll be surprised if he isn''t on the bench today and come on for a few minutes near the end if we are doing well.

[/quote]

As expected.

Tbf we definitely needed to have Whittaker, Bassong and Bennett on the bench.